• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2011
    Well you can always go about editing the main script of the game. What I wrote above is for events, for instance if you battle a legendary pokemon as an event then you would go about typing that code in the script function to change the battle background and stuff like that.
    If that's not what you want, you can go about editing the script "PokeBattle_ActualScene" and go to the line where it says:
    Code:
     battlebg="Graphics/Pictures/battlebg#{id}.png"
     enemybase="Graphics/Pictures/enemybase#{id}.png"
     playerbase="Graphics/Pictures/playerbase#{id}.png"

(you can use the find option to get to this quicker)

So what you could do here is just make few more lines of codes containing
    Code:
    if $game_map.map_id==id of your map
     battlebg="Graphics/Pictures/battlebgX.png"
     enemybase="Graphics/Pictures/enemybaseX.png"
     playerbase="Graphics/Pictures/playerbaseX.png"
    else
     battlebg="Graphics/Pictures/battlebg#{id}.png"
     enemybase="Graphics/Pictures/enemybase#{id}.png"
     playerbase="Graphics/Pictures/playerbase#{id}.png"
    end

As usual replace the X with the specified extension and for the map id type the number that you see in RMXP at the bottom of the window right before the name of the map (don't include the "0" in front of numbers otherwise connections will be disabled). So by this you could define the map for which you want your graphics to change.

The code basically is that one, but instead of the number of the map, i wanted it to be for the Type of Encounter found on Encounters.txt, basically, if it's Water, GoodRod, Cave, Land, etc

I guess theres not THAT much to change on the code you gave me, but i still don't know how to do it, so if you could give me one last help : )

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    The code basically is that one, but instead of the number of the map, i wanted it to be for the Type of Encounter found on Encounters.txt, basically, if it's Water, GoodRod, Cave, Land, etc

I guess theres not THAT much to change on the code you gave me, but i still don't know how to do it, so if you could give me one last help : )

That you can just change by changing the already given graphics (battlebg1, enemybase1, playerbase1...etc). You would have to look at the individual images and try to figure out what the numbers refer to. If you want to do it by scripting, at the "if" function instead of the code for checking the map id you can choose one of the following
    Code:
    $PokemonEncounters.isCave?

$PokemonEncounters.isGrass?

$PokemonGlobal.diving

$PokemonGlobal.surfing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is on a different note, but few pages ago I said that if you change the PBExperience script's MAXLEVEL only wild Pokemon then can become a level higher than 100 and the trainer's Pokemon cannot. Well...this is true. But I found a way to fix it.

1.) Back up your Script.rmxp file from the "Root\Data" folder onto your desktop or anywhere else. Then delete this script from the Data folder.
    2.) Select the RMXP Data called EditorScripts and rename it to Scripts.
    3.) Now open your Project but don't launch the game (or it will always crash). You will now have a whole new database of scripts available.
    4.) Here go to PBExperience and set your MAXLEVEL to what you have set in the original script file.
    5.) Now save and close your project, and rename the Scripts.rmxp back to EditorScripts. Also restore your old scripts from your backup.
    Now you can set your new maximum level for trainers too.

Last edited:

~Biel~

...dstv...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2010
    I wish I had
    a script for release before the title screen!
    someone could pass me this script?
    ah .. I use the pokemon starter kit!​

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Hey I was wondering how can i add a rival that has a name defined by the player. I have divided this into three sections.

--How can i create the the 3rd player

--What is the call script for entering their name

--What must i put in the text box to came out as their name(ya know like players name is "\PN"

By the way i don't know how to script except a few things. So an easy to understand answer would be nice.

EDIT: Also is their a way to make someone say Morning/day/evening by entering a code in text box ya know like \PN only maybe...\TOD(time of day:D)

Last edited:

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    Hey I was wondering how can i add a rival that has a name defined by the player. I have divided this into three sections.

--How can i create the the 3rd player

--What is the call script for entering their name

--What must i put in the text box to came out as their name(ya know like players name is "\PN"

By the way i don't know how to script except a few things. So an easy to understand answer would be nice.

EDIT: Also is their a way to make someone say Morning/day/evening by entering a code in text box ya know like \PN only maybe...\TOD(time of day:D)

Please look in notes that come with pokemon essentials it explains how to bring up a rival screen and what not. I use one in my project I dont have it opened atm but it tells you in the Notes file included

~Biel~

...dstv...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2010
    Heloooo! helpe me! T.T
    I wish I had
    ah .. I use the pokemon starter kit!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    Heloooo! helpe me! T.T
    I wish I had
    ah .. I use the pokemon starter kit!

That sounds more like a request and is not very helpful too. You should explain a bit deeper about what you really want and how it should be created or handled or whatever. "A script for release before the title screen". I guess by this you mean the intro screen and I presume you want to make it look like the GBA versions?

videogamemaster

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2009
    This might be a really simple question, but here it is.
    How do you add sounds to battle moves (scratch, ice beam, etc.)? I already have the sounds i need, but every time i try to add the sound to the attack in the Editor thing it never works.

murkage7

Maxwell leader of team Magma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2013
    Modification of Flameguru's Pokemon starter kit, which incorporates my Pokemon Advance battle system (on a different topic on this forum) along with many new features I added.

Please use the link in my signature to access it.

I would like to make a request: Please report all problems and error logs to me through private messaging, rather than to this thread. It's more convenient for me that way.

Now where is this download at im new thanks

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    How can I get this to work as my command box(see attachment)(GIFed to prevent Theft). I need to change where the courser goes when i press the arrow buttons. (they still move to their default position) here's how i want it to work.

From "fight" i want when i press the down arrow to move to "Run"(left and right do nothing)

When on "run" Up=Fight::Right=Pokemon::Left=Bag

When on "pokemon" Up=fight::Left=run

When on "bag" Up=Fight::Right=run

Any i deas on how to do this?

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    How can I get this to work as my command box(see attachment)(GIFed to prevent Theft). I need to change where the courser goes when i press the arrow buttons. (they still move to their default position) here's how i want it to work.

From "fight" i want when i press the down arrow to move to "Run"(left and right do nothing)

When on "run" Up=Fight::Right=Pokemon::Left=Bag

When on "pokemon" Up=fight::Left=run

When on "bag" Up=Fight::Right=run

Any i deas on how to do this?

I recommended that you learn to script if you can not.
    What you are asking is not an easy task.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And for my Question

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am changing my mystery gift event to a script.

I am stuck at figuring out how to recreate the show choices yes or no event command in a script.

I would obviously need an if, else statement and a variable but, I need help doing the visual part.

All help is greatly appreciated.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Lord of the

And edit this for graphics
    Spoiler:

This script is for arrows when you want edit inputs like you want you should edit this lines its from 2107 to 2131

Spoiler:

Ty 101 here is command for Yes And No
    commands=[_INTL("YES"),_INTL("NO")]

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Thanks Venom. I thought those lines might do something but I was afraid to mess with them. Thanks again.

Edit:

These lines did not change the controls. Any ideas?

Code:
    if curwindow>=0
       if Input.trigger?(Input::RIGHT) || Input.trigger?(Input::DOWN)
        loop do
         newcurwindow=3 if curwindow==0
         newcurwindow=1 if curwindow==3
         newcurwindow=2 if curwindow==1
         newcurwindow=0 if curwindow==2
         curwindow=newcurwindow
         next if curwindow==index
         break if @battle.battlers[curwindow].hp>0
        end
       elsif Input.trigger?(Input::LEFT) || Input.trigger?(Input::UP)
        loop do 
         newcurwindow=2 if curwindow==0
         newcurwindow=1 if curwindow==2
         newcurwindow=3 if curwindow==1
         newcurwindow=0 if curwindow==3
         curwindow=newcurwindow
         next if curwindow==index
         break if @battle.battlers[curwindow].hp>0
        end
       end
      end
     end
    end

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

Where would I have to edit to make the Bike just a notch faster? Cause it's really not that fast...

Btw, does fishing work in essentials? I thought i remembered reading that it doesnt? I haven't gotten around to trying it.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    IDK what to edit for the bike havn't really looked but I need to know that as well. Also no fishing doesn't successfully work but Fangking Omega or someone who is well on in their project may know how to fix it so seek one of them out and ask if not IDK. Thats one of my next devotions.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    IDK what to edit for the bike havn't really looked but I need to know that as well. Also no fishing doesn't successfully work but Fangking Omega or someone who is well on in their project may know how to fix it so seek one of them out and ask if not IDK. Thats one of my next devotions.

Check lines 58 and 59 in the "Walk_Run" Script. It should look like this
    Code:
    if $PokemonGlobal.bicycle
      @move_speed = $RPGVX ? 8 : 5.2

Change the 5.2 to a higher number, but don't change it to 6 or higher than that, because it's just bad like that. I have no idea what the 8 does.

Atomic Reactor

I changed it to 6.2 just for kicks, the only problem is that its a little laggy for like 5 seconds, then it works fine. So I'm going to stay with 6.2 and it's a pretty decent speed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back