• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Hello!

I have a question.
    I would like to know how to do it for a selected menu of Pokémon Pokemons walk behind the Hero / Heroine, as in the remake.

Example:
    You Take the option on when I select a Pokémon on my team in the Menu of pokemons. Next select the option and leave the menu. The Pokémon commeça selected me to follow. When I do not want to follow me no more Pokémon, I pokemons from the menu again and choose a Pokémon who is walking behind me. Instead of appearing to follow option now appears not to follow. Select this option, leave the menu disappears and the Pokémon back to the Hero / Heroine.

I ask for you to help me solve this question.
    Thanks already!
    Goodbye!

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
    Huh..?

Hello!

I have a question.
    I would like to know how to do it for a selected menu of Pokémon Pokemons walk behind the Hero / Heroine, as in the remake.

Example:
    You Take the option on when I select a Pokémon on my team in the Menu of pokemons. Next select the option and leave the menu. The Pokémon commeça selected me to follow. When I do not want to follow me no more Pokémon, I pokemons from the menu again and choose a Pokémon who is walking behind me. Instead of appearing to follow option now appears not to follow. Select this option, leave the menu disappears and the Pokémon back to the Hero / Heroine.

I ask for you to help me solve this question.
    Thanks already!
    Goodbye!

I might be able to help, but your english isn't too good. ^^; Could you please restate that? I think I know what you're saying but I'm not sure...

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    Ok, now I don't actually have RMXp yet and neither do I have the illegal one. I was going to get the legal one but you said it does not work with the legal one. Has that been changed? Can I buy the real one and still use the kit or do I have to get the illegal one? Sorry for me being a noob.

I have the legal version of rmxp and I am using the starter kit.

----------------------

I keep getting a message saying that a trainer type does not exist and when I run the editor to add it the error comes up and the editor stops.
    how can I get around this.
    If you want the error just ask.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Ok, now I don't actually have RMXp yet and neither do I have the illegal one. I was going to get the legal one but you said it does not work with the legal one. Has that been changed? Can I buy the real one and still use the kit or do I have to get the illegal one? Sorry for me being a noob.

Of course it works with the legal one. Who said that it wouldn't work? They either made a mistake, or you read it wrong... It's designed for the legal version; using the illegal version is what might cause problems.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
    LOL

I might be able to help, but your english isn't too good. ^^; Could you please restate that? I think I know what you're saying but I'm not sure...

He/She said that he/she wants to know how to make the pokémon to follow you, like on HeartGold and Soulsilver. I only know about the dependency script but it only works with events, not with pokémon(like Brawly on the starter kit)... i think.

But if you can help him/her, i'd be glad, because i want little help on that too.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
    He/She said that he/she wants to know how to make the pokémon to follow you, like on HeartGold and Soulsilver. I only know about the dependency script but it only works with events, not with pokémon(like Brawly on the starter kit)... i think.

But if you can help him/her, i'd be glad, because i want little help on that too.

Okay, this might work:

Script: pbAddDependency2(@event_id,"POKEMON",2)
    pbRegisterPartner(PBTrainers::POKEMONNAME,
    "POKEMON")

Well, actually I'm using pokestarter, so this may not work if you're not. What I would do is grab the bitmap for the pokemon, but use it as a trainer. But, you would not be able to choose a pokemon. (I guess this is why D/P has only a few qualifying).

You would have to add it to the trainers.txt. thingy, but it would say it was a trainer. So, no, I don't really know if this would work.

Sorry.

And someone, please answer the question I posted earlier. I really need help!!

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Okay, this might work:

Script: pbAddDependency2(@event_id,"POKEMON",2)
    pbRegisterPartner(PBTrainers::POKEMONNAME,
    "POKEMON")

Well, actually I'm using pokestarter, so this may not work if you're not. What I would do is grab the bitmap for the pokemon, but use it as a trainer. But, you would not be able to choose a pokemon. (I guess this is why D/P has only a few qualifying).

You would have to add it to the trainers.txt. thingy, but it would say it was a trainer. So, no, I don't really know if this would work.

Sorry.

And someone, please answer the question I posted earlier. I really need help!!

You don't need the register partner, if the event is a Pokemon, that makes every battle a double battle.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    So I am going to ask this once again (expecting the same response) but they is a code that you can put in a call script function to mid event turn a self switch on for another event, which is very useful, can some one tell me what that code is?

Please help, I know it can be done, I have used it many times during Golden Heights and Iridium, but in all the hard drive crashes I lost all of my scripts and game files So its difficult to find everything I had before.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
    duh

So I am going to ask this once again (expecting the same response) but they is a code that you can put in a call script function to mid event turn a self switch on for another event, which is very useful, can some one tell me what that code is?

Please help, I know it can be done, I have used it many times during Golden Heights and Iridium, but in all the hard drive crashes I lost all of my scripts and game files So its difficult to find everything I had before.

According to my experience it's not possible and also unnecessary activating self swtiches by foreign(just to give them a name) events, by simply calling it "SELF Switch" you can notice. Self Switches are used for events to do something to themselves if you want to activate things, activate Switches that's what you should do, they were made for that cause.

OAK

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2010
    Hello together! ^^
    I have a question and it would be really nice if you can help me.

I have started to make a game with poccils amazing starter kit. ( The lastet version: February 3, 2009.)
    But the scripts are a bit difficult for me. :(
    I've tried to make a Celebi Event, but for this, I need a WildBattle script.
    So I looked into the advanced topics, that is in the starter kit.
    I've found this under PokemonField :
    pbWildBattle(species,level,variable=nil,canescape=true)

I thought thats easy. I've made an event with this script.
    The script was: pbWildBattle(CELEBI,30,variable=nil,canescape=true)
    But the only thing what I got was a ERROR...

Could anyone help me?
    ( Sorry if my english is bad, I'm from germany...)

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Hello together! ^^
    I have a question and it would be really nice if you can help me.

I have started to make a game with poccils amazing starter kit. ( The lastet version: February 3, 2009.)
    But the scripts are a bit difficult for me. :(
    I've tried to make a Celebi Event, but for this, I need a WildBattle script.
    So I looked into the advanced topics, that is in the starter kit.
    I've found this under PokemonField :
    pbWildBattle(species,level,variable=nil,canescape=true)

I thought thats easy. I've made an event with this script.
    The script was: pbWildBattle(CELEBI,30,variable=nil,canescape=true)
    But the only thing what I got was a ERROR...

Could anyone help me?
    ( Sorry if my english is bad, I'm from germany...)
    That's what you need, yes. Your problem probably comes from the limited width of the "insert script" text box where you put that script in. What that would do is cut the script into two halves, and if it's cut in the wrong place then it won't work.

When you've got the window open to type in that script, look in your main game folder and run "extendtext.exe". That should help things to work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question.

How do multiple regions work? Specifically, I want to have multiple Regional Dexes, and I'm asking about how a pokémon can be given a list of Regional Dex numbers. I tried putting in lines like the following, and came up with the error message below.

Code:
    RegionalNumbers=60,81,100,0
    This means the pokémon is regional number 60 in Region A, number 81 in Region B, number 1000 in Region C and is not in Region D. That's what the Notes say (see below).

Here's the error:
    Code:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: RuntimeError
    Message: Regional Pokédex number cannot be 0 (section {2}, PBS/pokemon.txt)
    Compiler:2335:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2298:in `each'
    Compiler:2298:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2296:in `loop'
    Compiler:2367:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2284:in `each'
    Compiler:2284:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2283:in `each'
    Compiler:2283:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2269:in `pbEachFileSection'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
    Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK   
    I had a look at the part of the script that generated that error message (from "Compiler"):

Code:
             elsif key=="RegionalNumbers"
              raise _INTL("Regional Pokédex number cannot be 0 (section {2}, PBS/pokemon.txt)",currentmap) if value==0
              regionals[valueindex]=[] if !regionals[valueindex]
              regionals[valueindex][currentmap]=value
    It seems there's no specific problem here (i.e. I didn't do things wrong); it just doesn't want regional numbers of zero. This is exactly not what the Notes say:

RegionalNumbers - The order of this Pokémon in one or more regional Pokedexes; for example, Treecko is number 1 in the Hoenn Pokedex. This is a comma-separated list of numbers. If at least one of the numbers is 0, then a species doesn't exist in at least one regional Pokedex. This setting is optional. To manipulate regional and national Pokedex numbers, use the functions pbAllRegionalSpecies, pbGetNationalNumber, and pbGetRegionalNumber in the script section PokemonUtilities. See the comments within those functions for more information.
    So are regional numbers implemented or not? And if not, how do I put them in? I assume the changes would be done to that bit of script I quoted

OAK

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2010
    That's what you need, yes. Your problem probably comes from the limited width of the "insert script" text box where you put that script in. What that would do is cut the script into two halves, and if it's cut in the wrong place then it won't work.

When you've got the window open to type in that script, look in your main game folder and run "extendtext.exe". That should help things to work.

Thank you Maruno! It worked!! :D
    Oh and there was a mistake in my script...
    It should be: pbWildBattle(PBSpecies::CELEBI,30,veriable=nil,canescape=true)

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    ?

I wanted to know how to delete a pidgey from my party.
    I was given $Trainer.party.delete_if {|pkmn|pkmn.species==PBSpecies:PIDGEY}
    I get an error message when I run it.
    I could not find any worthwhile info in the error but, if you want to see it just ask.

I tried extendtext.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    Alright, new question...

Anyone have any idea what this error is about?

It has to do with the erase event command...
    Code:
    Interpreter:881:in `command_116'
    Interpreter:332:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:190:in `update'
    Interpreter:104:in `loop'
    Interpreter:195:in `update'
    Game_Event_:230:in `update'
    Game_Map_:309:in `update'
    Game_Map_:307:in `each'
    Game_Map_:307:in `update'
    Scene_Map:34:in `updateMaps'

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2010
    I need to know how to make it so when you get an item you can go to the pokemon storage from the menu(Like when you get the pokedex the pokedex shows up in the menu and you can use).I cant find it anywhere.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question.

How do multiple regions work? Specifically, I want to have multiple Regional Dexes, and I'm asking about how a pokémon can be given a list of Regional Dex numbers. I tried putting in lines like the following, and came up with the error message below.

Code:
    RegionalNumbers=60,81,100,0
    This means the pokémon is regional number 60 in Region A, number 81 in Region B, number 1000 in Region C and is not in Region D. That's what the Notes say (see below).

Here's the error:
    Code:
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: RuntimeError
    Message: Regional Pokédex number cannot be 0 (section {2}, PBS/pokemon.txt)
    Compiler:2335:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2298:in `each'
    Compiler:2298:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2296:in `loop'
    Compiler:2367:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2284:in `each'
    Compiler:2284:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2283:in `each'
    Compiler:2283:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2269:in `pbEachFileSection'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
    Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK   
    I had a look at the part of the script that generated that error message (from "Compiler"):

Code:
             elsif key=="RegionalNumbers"
              raise _INTL("Regional Pokédex number cannot be 0 (section {2}, PBS/pokemon.txt)",currentmap) if value==0
              regionals[valueindex]=[] if !regionals[valueindex]
              regionals[valueindex][currentmap]=value
    It seems there's no specific problem here (i.e. I didn't do things wrong); it just doesn't want regional numbers of zero. This is exactly not what the Notes say:

So are regional numbers implemented or not? And if not, how do I put them in? I assume the changes would be done to that bit of script I quoted
    Yeah, just delete or comment out the second line. I've done that, and it works fine. Also, you might want to change the result of the pbGetPokedexRegion method to a variable, instead of the current region, so you have more control over which regional dex is displayed.
    I wanted to know how to delete a pidgey from my party.
    I was given $Trainer.party.delete_if {|pkmn|pkmn.species==PBSpecies:PIDGEY}
    I get an error message when I run it.
    I could not find any worthwhile info in the error but, if you want to see it just ask.

I tried extendtext.
    There should be two colons in between PBSpecies and PIDGEY, like so: PBSpecies::PIDGEY
    Alright, new question...

Anyone have any idea what this error is about?

It has to do with the erase event command...
    Code:
    Interpreter:881:in `command_116'
    Interpreter:332:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:190:in `update'
    Interpreter:104:in `loop'
    Interpreter:195:in `update'
    Game_Event_:230:in `update'
    Game_Map_:309:in `update'
    Game_Map_:307:in `each'
    Game_Map_:307:in `update'
    Scene_Map:34:in `updateMaps'

You appear to be trying to erase a non-existent event... I have no idea of how you managed to do this :P Mind showing me the entire event?

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    Oh...XD lol Well then XD No I know how I did it I made a flub on my codeing...I put a blank event page that had just the erase event comand, and made it run if a certain switch was activated! As soon as I deleted those instances (there were like at least 10 XD) everything worked fine! lol Whoopsy!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back