• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    Could someone please help me with the Pokedex error. I am sorry if this has been posted before. When I looked through I did not see it. Ther error is:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Gale God of the Sky
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method `rect' for #<AnimatedBitmap:0x7305620>
    PokemonPokedex:568:in `pbChangeToDexEntry'
    PokemonPokedex:603:in `pbDexEntry'
    PokemonPokedex:830:in `pbPokedex'
    PokemonPokedex:810:in `loop'
    PokemonPokedex:849:in `pbPokedex'
    PokemonPokedex:874:in `pbStartScreen'
    PokemonMenu:145:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    PokemonMenu:142:in `pbFadeOutIn'
    PokemonMenu:142:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    PokemonMenu:139:in `loop'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
    Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

The Smell

Doof-Man
    Years
  • For every basic thing I do, I get errors. I get errors from receiving, getting items, adding Pokémon foreignly, silently and even normally. Why does this happen in this particular game and not any others?

Pokémon: Nature's Gift
    Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Script error within event 1, map 7 (Leafern Nesting):

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'undefined method `party' for nil:NilClass

***Full script:

$Trainer.party.length>=6

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:789:in `eval'

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:789:in `command_111'

Interpreter:322:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

Interpreter:279:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:789:in `command_111'

Interpreter:322:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

Scene_Map:111:in `update'

Scene_Map:67:in `main'

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Erm..............
    How do you un-zip it exactly?
    I know you'd usually extract the folder but it doesn't give me that option for some reason. Look:
    [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Last edited:

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years

@Soul.//Silver
    You know what? I learned a bit about RGSS thanx to this starter kit. To look for those things you want, search on all section for the name of the .png file which has the status boxes, you MUST find it on the Graphics/Pictures folder, be a little self-dependant. And for the HP bar... look for line 1048(I think, since my script is edited). Those lines should be:

Code:
    [COLOR=SeaGreen]class PokeBattle_Scene

USECOMMANDBOX=false # If true, expects a file named Graphics/Pictures/commandbox.png
    USEFIGHTBOX=false # If true, expects a file named Graphics/Pictures/fightbox.png
    MESSAGEBASECOLOR=Color.new(82,82,90)
    MESSAGESHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(165,165,173)
    MENUBASECOLOR=Color.new(72,72,72)
    MENUSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(208,208,208)
    BOXTEXTBASECOLOR=Color.new(240,240,240)
    BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(37,35,36)
    EXPCOLOR=Color.new(64,200,248)
    # Green HP color
    HPCOLORBASE1=Color.new(115,244,0)
    HPCOLORSHADOW1=Color.new(105,223,0)
    # Orange HP color
    HPCOLORBASE2=Color.new(244,155,0)
    HPCOLORSHADOW2=Color.new(220,139,0)
    # Red HP color
    HPCOLORBASE3=Color.new(244,75,0)
    HPCOLORSHADOW3=Color.new(20,68,0)
    # Blank HP color
    HPCOLORBASE4=Color.new(0,0,0)
    HPCOLORSHADOW4=Color.new(0,0,0)
    # Position of HP gauge
    HPGAUGE_X=129
    HPGAUGE_Y=48[/COLOR]
    On those lines, you can put the X and Y positions of the HP bar and its size... obviously, you can put X and Y positions and of the exp. bar and its size. But they're below.

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    how do i use the pokemon roaming script? and it dosn't say at top like most people say
    This is what should be very near the top of PokemonRoaming:
    Code:
    [COLOR=Blue]module[/COLOR] PokemonRoaming
     RoamingAreas[COLOR=RoyalBlue]={[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=SeaGreen]# Keys indicate the Pokémon's current map;
    # Values indicate one or more maps that the Pokémon
    #  will move to
    # Example:
    #   20 => [21, 22],
    #   21 => [22, 20][/COLOR]
     [COLOR=RoyalBlue]}[/COLOR]
     RoamingSpecies[COLOR=RoyalBlue]={[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=SeaGreen]# Example:
    #  (Species, level, switch number)
    #  PBSpecies::LATIOS => [40,50],
    #  PBSpecies::LATIAS => [40,51][/COLOR]
     [COLOR=RoyalBlue]}[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Blue]end[/COLOR]
    It comes with examples. Just unquote one or more of them and edit them to suit your needs. It really is that easy/obvious.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • @Peeky Chew - that's very odd... What OS do you run? I'm on an XP, and I've never seen it do something like that. Maybe you downloaded the wrong file somewhere?

Or did you get it from poccil's site? If you did, it shouldn't be doing that, I think... XD

Anyway, could somebody help me out? The section on modifying a Pokémon suggests that you can change its gender, but only shows you how to make it shiny. I'd like to know the script, if there is one, that will make sure the pokemon is male, or make sure it is female.

setGender(1) and setGender(0) don't work. It waits for a while, then says the script is taking too long, saves and exits.

Any help would be appreciated.

The Smell

Doof-Man
    Years
  • Does anybody know how I can set the trainer's name myself without having to let the player enter a name of their choosing? I haven't figured out the variable or whatever it is.

Also, I found on lines 691 - 792 the code for sending out the player's Pokémon. What I want to do is instead of having the Pokémon come out of the Pokéball (which is now transparent), have the Pokémon move from off-screen to the battle position. How can I do this?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2017
    Does anybody know how I can set the trainer's name myself without having to let the player enter a name of their choosing? I haven't figured out the variable or whatever it is.

In PokemonUtilities, search for pbTrainerName. The first line should be trname=pbEnterText("Your name?",0,7). Simply change it to trname=pbEnterText("Your name?",0,7,""). In the quotes at the end enter a default name eg trname=pbEnterText("Your name?",0,7,"Ash"). That way you set a name but give the player the choice of changing it. Alternatively, if you don't want the player to change the name, simply enter trname="Ash". The player will not be given the option to enter a name.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • @Peeky Chew - that's very odd... What OS do you run? I'm on an XP, and I've never seen it do something like that. Maybe you downloaded the wrong file somewhere?

Or did you get it from poccil's site? If you did, it shouldn't be doing that, I think... XD
    Vista and I got it right off poccil's site in the first post. I'm pretty sure this is a vista problem because in all the tutorials showing you how to download it they're using xp.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Also, I found on lines 691 - 792 the code for sending out the player's Pokémon. What I want to do is instead of having the Pokémon come out of the Pokéball (which is now transparent), have the Pokémon move from off-screen to the battle position. How can I do this?
    As I recall, the trainers slide on from the sides at the beginning of the battle, before doing their throwing animations and going away. I would suggest you hijack the "sliding on" code by replacing the trainers' sprites with the pokémon sprites, and quoting out the rest.

Of course, when encountering a wild pokémon the wild pokémon slides on by itself. Have a look to see how that's handled, see what defs are called and which aren't, and pretty much mimic that for trainer battles too.

Pretty much the only differences between the player and the foe should be which sprite is being used (the back sprite of your lead pokémon - easy to define), and the coordinates (just numbers) and direction of sliding (a plus/minus sign).

...Or so I imagine. I haven't specifically looked this up.

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    Vista and I got it right off poccil's site in the first post. I'm pretty sure this is a vista problem because in all the tutorials showing you how to download it they're using xp.
    No it is not a problem with Vista. I have a Vista computer to and it works. I'll redownload and tell you how I opened it. That might help. I do remember that I did not need to unzip it.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • No it is not a problem with Vista. I have a Vista computer to and it works. I'll redownload and tell you how I opened it. That might help. I do remember that I did not need to unzip it.
    Ok thanks, that would help, a lot.
    And I'll try downloading that thing Wichu, if this doesn't work.

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    You do need &-ZIP. I use it so much I forgot that I needed it. You can get 7-ZIP here

robie392

Pokemon Prof.
    Years
  • Vista and I got it right off poccil's site in the first post. I'm pretty sure this is a vista problem because in all the tutorials showing you how to download it they're using xp.

#1 Defiantly want to try unzipping first

#2 The issue could be that if your using the fake version of RMXP(postilaty knights or whatever its called) it has many glitches?!

#3 The problem could also be for the legit version you need to run it in compatibility mode thats what i had to do and how you do that is you find RMXP icon and go to properties and select run in compatibility mode also search pokecommunity for help because theres a thread for help running it in windows vista which is what i had to do

#4 pm if you are running the fake version (I got the legit version but still know how to fix errors and other such things) though ill explain why if you pm me.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back