• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rydenio

Shameless plugger
Years
  • Hi. I used to use The starter kit about 8 months ago. I worked with it for a couple months and stopped the project. now I downloaded the newest version and whenever I try to open the editor there is a problem. Anyone have any ideas how i can fix it? It says "Script 'PokemonSpritePos' line 293:Name Error Occured.'
    I looked inthe scripts but could find no such script. Thanks for any help

Same thing happens to me. Anyone? :(

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • do you know how you would go about doing that? I'm not very savvy with scripts

If you are not savvy with scripts than this fix wouldn't help you. I had a problem with this because I changed the terrain tag battleback myself in my script. I thought a lot of people do that, so I thought that might have been you're prob.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    It's alright, thanks anway.

Anyone else have any clue with the whole battle background situation?

FinalEclipse

Learning to be a Tile Artist
    Years
  • Hi. I used to use The starter kit about 8 months ago. I worked with it for a couple months and stopped the project. now I downloaded the newest version and whenever I try to open the editor there is a problem. Anyone have any ideas how i can fix it? It says "Script 'PokemonSpritePos' line 293:Name Error Occured.'
    I looked inthe scripts but could find no such script. Thanks for any help

same with me as well! is it a bug in the new version?

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2010

I found out that if I take the EDITOR script from an older version of essentials and replace it with the newer one, it works.
    Haven't had any problems with it yet. Though I am still havinng a problem with the BGM in trainer battles. it wants to play the ME until its done and won't play the battle BGM for the actual fight. Its quite frustrating.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • The Battle BGM will not play during a normal encounter. I've tried EVERYTHING. I am using the latest version of Pokemon Essentials. Do you think anyone can help me? The overworld BGM continues into the battle.

You have to change the wild encounter using the editor or the metadata text file, to the music file you wish to use for example wildbattle.wav This is jyst an example of what the music file may be named...

I'm also having the same problem, I tried searching for the error myself but the code is messy. So I decided to wait till he releases a newer version. You on the other hand can continue to try to find the bug and fix it or just wait till next release(If there is one) and just use the text files for now.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Update: I think the Problem with the continueing ME on a trainer battle is a bug in Pokémon Essentials. When i choose a custom .mp3 for the intro, the Battle BGM doesn't start. (I used a clear pokestarter-project)

hey guys,

i've a problem again. At a normal battle with the trainers on a route, first the intro-music is coming. When the battle starts, the intro-music continues, but normally the "Battle BGM" should start. The Battle BGM comes, when the intro music is over. I am sure, the trainer has a intro music and a battle bgm, but i can't find the problem. Can anyone help?

Update: If i leave a cave and go to the cave again, the cave-backgroundmusic are start from the last point when i had left. I think its thesame bug like the other.

my english sucks, so i post the message in german again:

Hey Leute,

Ich habe wieder ein Problem. Bei einem normalen Kampf mit einem Trainer in einer Route, kommt ja zuerst die Intro-Musik. Wenn der Kampf startet, dann läuft die Intro-Musik weiter, aber normalerweise sollte ja "Battle BGM" starten. Die Battle BGM (Kampfmusik) kommt erst, wenn die Intromusik vorbei ist. Ich bin mir sicher, dass der Trainer, sowohl eine Intro-Musik, als auch eine Kampfmusik hat, aber das Problem kann ich trotzdem nicht finden. Kann jemand helfen?

Update: Wenn ich eine Höhle verlasse und sie gleich danach wieder besuche, dann geht die Höhlen-Hintergrundmusik ab den Punkt weiter, als ich die Höhle verlassen habe. Ich denke, es ist derselbe Bug, wie der andere.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    WHAT LINE DO I EDIT TO MOVE THE OPPONENTS POKEMON SPRITE UP A FEW. NOT IN OUT NEW BS BUT THE OLD ONE

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Hi. I'm new to pokemon essentials and I had a question. Sorry if it's noobish, but how do I change my main characters overwold graphic. I'm using the newest version of pokemon essentials.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Update: I think the Problem with the continueing ME on a trainer battle is a bug in Pokémon Essentials. When i choose a custom .mp3 for the intro, the Battle BGM doesn't start. (I used a clear pokestarter-project)

It's something in RMXP, not Essentials. ME has priority over BGM, so the BGM won't play until the ME has finished. Instead of using MEs for the trainer intros, use BGMs.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    I need help, the music encounter trainer never listened. Is it necessary to change the order of "Play ME"? (sorry for my english)

"Play ME"
    -Battle: *Text*
    -Type: Exorcista
    -Name: Espe
    -EndSpeech: *Text*
    -EndBattle: *Text*
    -EndIfSwitch: 27
    pbTrainerIntro(:Exorcista)
    Kernel.pbNoticePlayer(get_character(0))
    Script: pbTrainerBattle(fdjffsjkfdsjkfdsajfdsjkfdasjksadjksfdjk)
    Local A ON

Thanks for all

Last edited:

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • On one of my maps, only one, I can walk through everything on layer two, eventhough I've set it so you can't on the database. Help!

Years
  • It's something in RMXP, not Essentials. ME has priority over BGM, so the BGM won't play until the ME has finished. Instead of using MEs for the trainer intros, use BGMs.

Hm, but in the Trainer Types, i can't choose a BGM on "Battle Intro ME" and the bug doesn't appear an older versions.

anyway thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    I need help, the music encounter trainer never listened. Is it necessary to change the order of "Play ME"? (sorry for my english)

"Play ME"
    -Battle: *Text*
    -Type: Exorcista
    -Name: Espe
    -EndSpeech: *Text*
    -EndBattle: *Text*
    -EndIfSwitch: 27
    pbTrainerIntro(:Exorcista)
    Kernel.pbNoticePlayer(get_character(0))
    Script: pbTrainerBattle(fdjffsjkfdsjkfdsajfdsjkfdasjksadjksfdjk)
    Local A ON

Thanks for all

Ok, I don´t need help. I saw in upokemoncenter.com.
    This starter kit is fantastic!

PBS/trainernames.txt

This file stores data on each trainer type. This file is divided into lines, and each line is divided by fields separated by commas. These fields are defined below.

• Field 7: Optional. ME (music effect) played before the battle begins

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Alright so I expanded the screen size to accomodate a DS resolution (only the top screen though, I'm not doing dual screens), however, I don't know how to change the text positions, images, etc. on things such as the Pokedex info screen, as seen here

dexex.jpg

Can anyone help a brother out? :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    A question:
    Can you add border block like in Advancemap to save the time of adding trees for every single map?

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    I've never heard anyone mention it and I've been trying to figure it out myself but us there a what to have wild pokemon battles in a desert enviroment? the only ways I know of are wild battles in water,cave and grass. Someone please help me.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • I've never heard anyone mention it and I've been trying to figure it out myself but us there a what to have wild pokemon battles in a desert enviroment? the only ways I know of are wild battles in water,cave and grass. Someone please help me.

Create a new environment, I did that, and as far as I remember, it wasn't that hard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back