• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Script help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I used your new script and it still didnt work, not that I'm not grateful, I'm very happy that you gave me some of your time, but, the problem is still the same. Oh, and I just found out, some people I deleted are still there and wont reply, and one tile, if I step on it, the game freezes. Thanks again and I hope to get another answer.

Emosillyputty

by the way...
    your script states that you will move the person with an event number of 0...?

maybe you went wrong and confused yourself with no and the person event number... :\

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Then what should I replace?
    no matter where I put it it alwats pauses the movement/removes the warp...
    Well it depends what you want to happen...
    Obviously you don't want him leading you back to the lab etc.

Try making a new script and using the one you decompiled as a base. It'll avoid many problems that you would face when trying to replace or add stuff to the script.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    Could someone advise me on a small ruby scripting question?

I have been setting up a scean in a trial hack where your pokemon are stolen half way through the game (disabeling the Pokemon menu ext.) and have set up so that you can be given a pokemon from another trainer, however i was hopeing to find a way to remove the pokemon at the end of the scean. So far i have been unable to find any commands to do this and as its not done in the games i dont know if its even possable.

If its not possable then could anyone recomend some alternitives? possably a give pokemon, then trade at the end (btw i have not found any tutorials for pokemon trade scripts so an example would be very usefull)? although i think it would be a bit obvious. If anyone has a solution it would be helpfull in XSE but if not i can adapt.

Thanks for your time
    Just add a clearflag 0x828

Grinner

Smiley Face
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    No, clearflag would disable the Pokemon menu but when it reappears, you should still have your Pokemon. Right?

exactly, just like if you give a pokemon before its enabled, it just dosent show the menu although that would work, in a battle you could just swap to another pokemon and theres no problem. I was looking for some way to stop this and make it a suvival type game where your pokemon needs to last a few trainers untill you recover your pokemon.

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
    Years
    Lawd...Haven't been on this site in months...incase anyone had been wondering, I never gave up on my hack, just a lot of unforseen occurences came up and halted progress for some time. Before I attempt to revive it, I need help with a fairly large script, involving a move used outside of battle:

Spoiler:

Now I'm guessing what's messing up the script when I compile it is the "804100" and "804900" offsets...Could be, but I could be wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Years
    In this script I'm trying to make Jessie and James Dissapear...
    hidesprite has never worked for me :(
    I need those sprites to disapear after the battle, if you talk to them again...
    Spoiler:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Lawd...Haven't been on this site in months...incase anyone had been wondering, I never gave up on my hack, just a lot of unforseen occurences came up and halted progress for some time. Before I attempt to revive it, I need help with a fairly large script, involving a move used outside of battle:

Spoiler:

Now I'm guessing what's messing up the script when I compile it is the "804100" and "804900" offsets...Could be, but I could be wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    It probably is... What happens when you try it out? Also, why have you used so many #raws? Has it been decompiled? If it has it shouldn't have raws... But then why do you have static offsets?

You've really made it tough for yourself. XD

In this script I'm trying to make Jessie and James Dissapear...
    hidesprite has never worked for me :(
    I need those sprites to disapear after the battle, if you talk to them again...
    Spoiler:
    I've made the changes. You also need to make sure that you have the people ID of the people you want to hide set to a flag that is set after you use hidesprite.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I've tried it, but it doesn't work.
    Do I need a specific people ID?
    It just has to be the number of the flag you have set. Try for example, setting flag 200 and put 0200 in the people ID.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I have, and it still doesn't work :\
    Really? Theres no reason why it should'nt work...
    Are you sure the people numbers are 12 and 11?

Decompile the script and post it again, it might be something wrong with that.

NTA

Where?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2012
    Script

in this script the wild battle wont work

#org $Wildbattle
    lock
    faceplayer
    cry 5
    message $mewtwo
    $mewtwo 1 = Mew: Fool you dare challenge me?
    boxset 6
    checkflag 0x200
    if 0x1 goto $mewtwobattle
    release
    end

#org $mewtwobattle
    lock
    wildbattle 150 50 0
    release
    setflag 0x200
    #raw 53
    fadescreen 0
    end

Years
    Okay, sorry if this has been covered:
    I was trying some scripts with XSE and tried a givepokemon script. I put this:

Spoiler:

after compiling it becomes this:

Spoiler:

-taken from log. When activated, completely different text comes up (foreign characters like Ô), and it then basically freezes the game.
    Any help?

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    in this script the wild battle wont work

#org $Wildbattle
    lock
    faceplayer
    cry 5
    message $mewtwo
    boxset 6
    checkflag 0x200
    if 0x1 goto $mewtwobattle
    release
    end

#org $mewtwobattle
    lock
    wildbattle 150 50 0
    release
    setflag 0x200
    #raw 53
    fadescreen 0
    end

Code:
    #org $wildbattle
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $mewtwo
    boxset 6
    cry 0x05 6
    nop
    nop
    wildbattle 150 50 0x0
    fadescreen 0
    setflag 0x200
    release
    end

#org $mewtwo

Hope that works.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Okay, sorry if this has been covered:
    I was trying some scripts with XSE and tried a givepokemon script. I put this:

Spoiler:

after compiling it becomes this:

Spoiler:

-taken from log. When activated, completely different text comes up (foreign characters like Ô), and it then basically freezes the game.
    Any help?
    Delete the things in bold, also use enters after different offsets.

Can someone please help me with my script on the previous page (or maybe the page before that):nervous:.
    Um, which one? I looked but I think they've been answered already.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Well here's the script

Spoiler:

I put a Pikachu sprite down, then put an offset on the pikachu, but when I talk to it, no battle!!! help!!

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Well here's the script

Spoiler:

I put a Pikachu sprite down, then put an offset on the pikachu, but when I talk to it, no battle!!! help!!
    I've made some changes, try it now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back