• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Script help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    #dynamic 0x456734
    #org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @text
    bixset 0x6
    released
    end
    #org @text
    = In Snobal Town, there used\nto be a pond.\nUntil one day, a great Pokemon\nnamed Articuno came and froze\nthe whole pond!

It won't let me insert it.

maybe cuz you put bixset instead of boxset

.:God:.

Hiding in the silence...
    Years
    #dynamic 0x456734

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @text
    boxset 0x6
    release
    end

#org @text
    = In Snobal Town, there used\nto be a pond.\nUntil one day, a great Pokemon\nnamed Articuno came and froze\nthe whole pond!

I changed what you said, and the script works, but the youngster only says "In Snobal Town, there used to be a pond.

Then it ends.

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
    You can't write \n two times.
    these are the possible constellations:

\n \p \n \l \l \p

You can write
    \n after \p
    \l after \n
    \p after \l
    \p after \n
    \l after \l

you cant write:
    \n after \l
    \l after \p
    \p after \p
    \n after \n
    Hope that's clear now ^^

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Uhhh...I don't think that matters really but I have an Hp pavillion...The real question is did the script work?

no, well, I dunno when I tried to compile it, It just said "run time 457 this key is already associated with an element" and it always does this with the scripts I'm pretty sure will work, anyone know how I can fix this?

Years
    In Pallet, if you try to leave without a pokemon, this script activates:
    Spoiler:

but, I'm trying to make oak capture a pokemon, so where do I put this without harming the original script?
    Spoiler:

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
    Uhhhh...

no, well, I dunno when I tried to compile it, It just said "run time 457 this key is already associated with an element" and it always does this with the scripts I'm pretty sure will work, anyone know how I can fix this?

Why don't you use pokescript to compile it...It simplifies things OR you can learn how to script in XSE...It makes things a whole lot easier Lol.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Hi I'm working on Pokemon Island Mystery and i use XSE when i compile m script it turns out right like this:
    Spoiler:

But when i try to play it or open it in a-map it goes like this
    Spoiler:

Please tell me where i went wrong

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Spoiler:

but, I'm trying to make oak capture a pokemon, so where do I put this without harming the original script?
    Try what I've done. Unless you want to delete some of the existing script there is no other way to add what you want to the script without changing it.

Hi I'm working on Pokemon Island Mystery and i use XSE when i compile m script it turns out right like this:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Next time bold what the changes are or at least write them. I can't really see anything different at first glance.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
    Hmmmm...

That's the thing, I DO use poketscript.

Alright then Just send me a friend request and I'll do the script for you

Just to let you know this is basic and I will be able to accomplish this, but for any of your big scripts U should ask an expert Lol.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Edit: The broken bits are in bold

Years
    T said:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Try what I've done. Unless you want to delete some of the existing script there is no other way to add what you want to the script without changing it.
    Then what should I replace?
    no matter where I put it it alwats pauses the movement/removes the warp...

emosillyputty

Sporkman away!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2008
    Hi, I want to make an event happen when you step on a certain tile, and I put the following script on the S tile on advance map.

#org $start
    checkflag 0x828
    if b_true goto $move
    applymovement 0xFF $move
    pausemove 0
    applymovement 0x00 $move2
    release
    end

#org $done
    release
    end

#org $move
    #raw 0x62 0xFE

#org $move2
    #raw 0x1D 0x1D 0x4F 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x60 0xFE

BUT when I step on the tile an exclamation mark appears above the player's head and then nothing else happens, this is at the start of the game when you have no pokemon yet. Do I have to put a certain script on the person i want to move or is it a problem with the script I made? ANY help whatsoever would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,

Emosillyputty

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Code:
    #org $start
    checkflag 0x828
    if b_true goto $[COLOR="Blue"]done[/COLOR]
    applymovement 0xFF $move
    pausemove 0
    applymovement 0x00 $move2
    [COLOR="Red"]pausemove 0[/COLOR]
    release
    end

#org $done
    release
    end

#org $move
    #raw 0x62 0xFE

#org $move2
    #raw 0x1D 0x1D 0x4F 0x1D
    #raw 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D
    #raw 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x60
    #raw 0xFE

what you lack is in red.
    what you went wrong is in blue.
    also, I think it is also because you used too many movements in the raw command. :\
    I am no expert in raws but you can also do it like this...

Code:
    #org $move2
    $move2 1 ; #binary 0x1D 0x1D 0x4F 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x60 0xFE

Grinner

Smiley Face
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    Could someone advise me on a small ruby scripting question?

I have been setting up a scean in a trial hack where your pokemon are stolen half way through the game (disabeling the Pokemon menu ext.) and have set up so that you can be given a pokemon from another trainer, however i was hopeing to find a way to remove the pokemon at the end of the scean. So far i have been unable to find any commands to do this and as its not done in the games i dont know if its even possable.

If its not possable then could anyone recomend some alternitives? possably a give pokemon, then trade at the end (btw i have not found any tutorials for pokemon trade scripts so an example would be very usefull)? although i think it would be a bit obvious. If anyone has a solution it would be helpfull in XSE but if not i can adapt.

Thanks for your time

Last edited:

emosillyputty

Sporkman away!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2008
    I used your new script and it still didnt work, not that I'm not grateful, I'm very happy that you gave me some of your time, but, the problem is still the same. Oh, and I just found out, some people I deleted are still there and wont reply, and one tile, if I step on it, the game freezes. Thanks again and I hope to get another answer.

Emosillyputty

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back