• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
this isnt a script help thread just simple question repost these in the script request thread in the scrapbox
Stop being a douchebag and don't post if you're not gonna say anything useful. Tons of people have posted their scripts here and asked for help and tons of people have actually helped them instead of being a smartass and trying to look like some kind of super cool know-it-all member.

OK, here's my question:

How do you compile a script using ScriptEd? I've tried putting ScriptEd, my script and the rom in the same directory and when I click on compile, it just gives me this error:
Code:
Run-time error '53':

File not found

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Anyone?

Also, is there a way to create new Pokemon trainers in PET? Or is this impossible?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
How do you insert sprites when you can't find the palette?

In firered uding unLZ.gba I found the hero's sprite but i can't seem to find the right pallete.
Also when i insert a sprite do i insert it as it is? or do i have to change the colors?

Is there any other program for sprites like unLZ.gba?

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
How do you insert sprites when you can't find the palette?

In firered uding unLZ.gba I found the hero's sprite but i can't seem to find the right pallete.
Also when i insert a sprite do i insert it as it is? or do i have to change the colors?

Is there any other program for sprites like unLZ.gba?

I believe the pallete is there.
Anyway, the program doesn't care about the pallete when loading the sprite. That's what indexed images mean. There's a pallete, but the data just says that "this pixel is colered with index 1, and this other pixel is indexed in color 2, etc". As long as the correspondence between the pixels and their color indexes results in the desired picture if you apply the pallete it will use, it's okay, even if you're seeing another pallete when importing.

But, if you want to CHANGE colors, you have to find the pallete/the offset of the pallete. When writing data, there's the export pallete box. When it's checked, the pallete is written at the specified offset, which by default is the one of the current image you're browsing. But, if you know the offset of the pallete, you can just write there.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Thnx for the response. I now get it
But most of the sprites which load are messed up thingys. How do i figure which one is it?
I was looking for the title screen and its pokemon

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Stop being a douchebag and don't post if you're not gonna say anything useful. Tons of people have posted their scripts here and asked for help and tons of people have actually helped them instead of being a smartass and trying to look like some kind of super cool know-it-all member.

Wow that was ignorant it was either i say it or Blaizchu does make ya pick...
Anyone?

Also, is there a way to create new Pokemon trainers in PET? Or is this impossible?

my reply to such an ignorant staetment.

ANYWAYS on to reaL things Is it possible to change the footprint on the pokedex entry

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
^This for R/S.

Also, is there a way to change the height and weight of a Pokemon in R/S?

There is a tool to edit the footprint of a pokemon,
but I don't know about the height and weight though.....

second

Working on Pokemon Lunar
Years
advance map

whenever i try to insert tiles in advance map it always says pallet file is missing
what on earth does that mean
ive used all the right colours and stuff

Years
my reply to such an ignorant staetment.

ANYWAYS on to reaL things Is it possible to change the footprint on the pokedex entry
How is telling the truth ignorant? Before attempting to be a smartass once again, try using proper spelling. That way, you won't look like an idiot (that much).

How do you compile a script using ScriptEd? I've tried putting ScriptEd, my script and the rom in the same directory and when I click on compile, it just gives me this error:
Code:
Run-time error '53':

File not found

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
No one?

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2008
I'm hacking pokémon ruby but i have problems with the start screen. I don't know how to chanche the big letters POKEMON and the small letters Version Ruby. I already changed the background with unzl-gba but i cannot find the right picture for those letters. Does someone know where to find them or is there a program to change the whole start screen?

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
I dont know about this, but i cant sarch the forums cuz of my so computer, i have tried.
1.But is there an advance mart for pokemon LG/FR
cuz i need one
2. How can i create a brand new trainer?
3. How to i change the POKEMON FIRE RED text that appears?
4. How can i make another Event meaning like a gengar waiting for you to fight it?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I dont know about this, but i cant sarch the forums cuz of my so computer, i have tried.
1.But is there an advance mart for pokemon LG/FR
cuz i need one
4. How can i make another Event meaning like a gengar waiting for you to fight it?

in order...
1. no idea... -_-
2. erm, make a sprite outta them by using paint...
3. use Advance Text... search their speeches. :3
4. script it.

Years
in order...
1. no idea... -_-
2. erm, make a sprite outta them by using paint...
3. use Advance Text... search their speeches. :3
4. script it.

2. He wanted to know how to create a new trainer battle, not a sprite.
3. He meant the Pokemon Fire Red text that appears at the title screen.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
2. He wanted to know how to create a new trainer battle, not a sprite.
3. He meant the Pokemon Fire Red text that appears at the title screen.

Yes

Nuber 4 meant like i saw this magic magikarp thingy and i made one.

I but the script on a trainer and it didnt work so im confused. Where do i put it?

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
Code:
#org $Magikarp
lock
faceplayer
message $Telepathy
$Telepathy 1 = MAGIKARP: \c\h01\h09I am using telepathy...\lI would like to battle you...\lAre you ready...\l...\lYes? Prepare for battle!!
boxset 6
wildbattle 129 50 1
message $Okay
$Okay 1 = \c\h01\h09IYou are very strong...\lI would like to join you\non your adventures!!!
boxset 6
givepokemon 129 50 0
message $Magikarp
$Magikarp 1 = MAGIKARP joined your party!!
release
end

Original from Spenceroone3

mine is
Code:
#org $Gengar
lock
faceplayer
message $Telepathy
$Telepathy 1 = Gengar: \c\h01\h09I am using telepathy...\lI would like to battle you...\lAre you ready...\l...\lYes? Prepare for battle!!
boxset 6
wildbattle 94 50 1
message $Okay
$Okay 1 = \c\h01\h09IYou are very strong...\lI would like to join you\non your adventures!!!
boxset 6
givepokemon 94 50 0
message $Gengar
$Gengar 1 = Gengar joined your party!!
release
end

O and while im at it.
Where do i insert this script to?
Sign? Trainer?
Poketronic?

Help

Also How would i add pokemon like new ones likne not ontop of but new pokemon to the pokedex? in FR

Still Need Help on

Last edited:
Years
First compile the script using PokeScript and then open AdvanceMap and give a character the correct offset.

Last edited:

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
ok ill try ill post back if it works so...

yea

Nope all that happened is the I talk to him but all that happens is you here the a button noise then the talk is done. No dialog

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back