• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
  • Okay, one of my questions was answered! Here are my new questions:
    1. Is there a ROM base for Ruby?
    2. How can I copy ALL of the graphics in TLP from one ROM to another? I mean ALL! I know how to copy, but I can only do a few tiles at a time!
    3. Does anyone have a link for Cyclone?
    EDIT:
    4. How do I insert new maps into RS/FRLG with EliteMap? NOTE: I CANNOT use Advance Map! It's not compatible with Windows 98!

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I'm not sure if this question is suitable here.
    But how can I edit the pokemon you sit when surfing? Is there an unLZGBA number or an offset? And the pattern offset?
    The thread is too long, I have no patience reading it...Forgive me...
    Its not... Its just an OW just Hackmew's OW Rebirth Edition (I think thats what it is called)

Alright, I tried searching for this but wasn't exactly sure how to word it, so I'm sorry if this is a repeat:

I'm looking for the trainer sprites when viewed from behind that you when you enter (the trainer that represents you) in Emerald.

I know how to replace them in Ruby/Sapphire using unlz, but apparently they're in a different location in Emerald.

Thanks!
    You have to find the offset in TLP and edit from there.

The only alteration I did in Viridian Forest is change a trainer's name and pokemon. I deleted him, though, because that's what I thought was wrong.

If you mean the whole game, I changed sprites\overworlds, trainers names and pokemon, and I edited like 80% of the game's script.
    Well the only other time this has happened to me was when one of my maps became corrupted. Now I can't use it... Maybe the same thing happened to you? Hopefully not. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Okay, one of my questions was answered! Here are my new questions:
    1. Is there a ROM base for Ruby?
    2. How can I copy ALL of the graphics in TLP from one ROM to another? I mean ALL! I know how to copy, but I can only do a few tiles at a time!
    3. Does anyone have a link for Cyclone?
    EDIT:
    4. How do I insert new maps into RS/FRLG with EliteMap? NOTE: I CANNOT use Advance Map! It's not compatible with Windows 98!
    1) Yes there are. ROM BASES SUCK. Seriously, don't use them. Makes you seem like a n00b. Sorry if I offended anyone but its the truth. If you really need one try PHO.
    2) Copy and paste, but if you want to replace from a completely different engine, its still the same except you have to replace them in different locations.
    3)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Theres a link on this very page!!!! Here.
    4) What is the purpose of inserting new maps? Surely you aren't so far ahead with your map that you need to insert new ones? Just use existing ones. I'm pretty sure that you can't insert new ones just with EliteMap.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    Someone mentioned something about inserting maps? Can I do that with Advance Map? Can I maybe insert a new Viridian Forest?

After I insert it, how do I change the codes so it warps to that map?

Thanks SO much for your help.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • You have to make it 128px by 128px in 256 colour format. IconEd is probably the best way to go about it. Why do you need .iee files? Theres no real resource for them, but if you want D/P ones I think DJG is allowing people to rip them from his hack (Ruby Desting: Reign of Legends).

well, i´m making my own now. If i have a problem maybe i´ll ask DJG for permission.

Now my question is:
    I have found the offsets of the "?" signs to change them for my icons, but only the first frame (icons are 2 frames).
    I have lookedat the second frames and IconEd gives me this offset: 15063024.
    Passing it to hex gives me E5D7F0 -> reversed F0-D7-E5. I have been searching for this string on a hex editor but no strings are found. While searching i have found 25 spaces of this: F0-D9-E5.

Do you suggest me to use this for the second frame of my icons?

info add:
    -the 25 spaces are found at x3B52D0 to x3B5336 (btw, I use Translhextion)
    -Even the normal pokemons are like this (ex: Lugia´s second frame in hex is 30-BB-DD, but in the hex editor appears 30-BD-DD)
    -the "?"´s first frame is F0-E5-D5 and i found it EXACTLY THE SAME.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • Right click cyclone and choose properties, then go to the 'compatability' tab, check the box and on the drop down menu, choose 'windows 95', click okay

Its what I did when I had that problem and it worked

Aww... I tried that, but it diddnt work... I'll keep trying different things, if anyone finds out how to fix this, I'll be in your debt forever! X| PLEASE! HALP!

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    well, i´m making my own now. If i have a problem maybe i´ll ask DJG for permission.

Now my question is:
    I have found the offsets of the "?" signs to change them for my icons, but only the first frame (icons are 2 frames).
    I have lookedat the second frames and IconEd gives me this offset: 15063024.
    Passing it to hex gives me E5D7F0 -> reversed F0-D7-E5. I have been searching for this string on a hex editor but no strings are found. While searching i have found 25 spaces of this: F0-D9-E5.

Do you suggest me to use this for the second frame of my icons?

info add:
    -the 25 spaces are found at x3B52D0 to x3B5336 (btw, I use Translhextion)
    -Even the normal pokemons are like this (ex: Lugia´s second frame in hex is 30-BB-DD, but in the hex editor appears 30-BD-DD)
    -the "?"´s first frame is F0-E5-D5 and i found it EXACTLY THE SAME.
    You're actually supposed to search for F0D7E508. The 08 shows it is a pointer.

But there is a much easier way. Download Darthatron's Poke Edit Pro and it will have the offsets for every graphic and you can change them as well. About the second frame. I'm fairly certain that it is right after the first frame. I'm not sure as I have never looked into but it makes sense. But that doesn't matter, after you have changed the pointer with Darthatron's tool as longs as you can access both frames in IconEd you should be fine.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    It's a level script.
    Go to header, map scripts.
    Click Open script and check if it seems to be that script.
    If it does, click remove.
    I think.

If that doesn't work, goto thethethethe's tutorial. :)

I checked and it's not a level script. Does anyone have the offset for that script?

I also found out that 0x801 was the flag for the Pokedex in Ruby. I set it in a script, but in the game, a box (the one that comes up when you see a picture of a Pokemon) came up with a ? in it. And there was no Pokedex option on the start menu.

Last edited:

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
    Years
  • Is it possible to expand the Pokémon attack list? For example, if I repoint Bulbasaur's attack lists to 0x800000, and add four or so attacks, it makes the game unable to load (black screen).

I don't really understand the use of adding new Pokémon to the game (overwriting the ??? slots between Celebi and Treecko) if you can't give them attacks...

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • In pokemon gold how would i go about increasing the total number of trainers?
    And why, in goldmap, does setting a person number higher than 60 or so always give a Hiro sprite?

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • I don't really understand the use of adding new Pokémon to the game (overwriting the ??? slots between Celebi and Treecko) if you can't give them attacks...

Yes you can.
    With pokemon editor pro (Darthatron) i inserted attack tables for these pokes at empty spaces on the rom and worked for me.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dshayabusa said:
    You're actually supposed to search for F0D7E508. The 08 shows it is a pointer.

I say:
    Yes i forgot about the 08. Sorry.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2008
    This is a quick question that i didn't think was worthy of the official script help thread

I have heard of a program called easy script maker that helps makes scripts for beginners. However, this program is in spanish. Does anyone know whether any english translation exists?

lostsoul5673

blahblahblahblahblahblahb lah
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2009
    I think this question would be hard to search so...
    I heard that Emerald is more sensitive about coding, one mistake and your done. So if I use Pokemon Ruby what would happen, is it less sensitive? And what are really the difference in features of coding, not the PKMN difference, would Emerald give me more to hack as, like something in Ruby you can't hack...? <--(There, now it's a question!)

Years
  • Is it possible to expand the Pokémon attack list? For example, if I repoint Bulbasaur's attack lists to 0x800000, and add four or so attacks, it makes the game unable to load (black screen).

I don't really understand the use of adding new Pokémon to the game (overwriting the ??? slots between Celebi and Treecko) if you can't give them attacks...
    You can add attacks. You've either made a mistake repointing it. Or you've just made a mistake while writing the attacks to your rom.
    If you look at my Hex editing Tutorial for DP, you can see the layout needed for it.

This is a quick question that i didn't think was worthy of the official script help thread

I have heard of a program called easy script maker that helps makes scripts for beginners. However, this program is in spanish. Does anyone know whether any english translation exists?
    I think D-Trogh has written a program. If you find his signature, I think the program is on the site in his signature. And if you want a different one, pm me and I'll send you the one I wrote quite a while ago.

I think this question would be hard to search so...
    I heard that Emerald is more sensitive about coding, one mistake and your done. So if I use Pokemon Ruby what would happen, is it less sensitive? And what are really the difference in features of coding, not the PKMN difference, would Emerald give me more to hack as, like something in Ruby you can't hack...? <--(There, now it's a question!)

I honestly don't know the difference between. People continually say it's harder to hack Emerald, but I haven't noticed any more difficulty between those roms.
    I've come to think that the lack of tools for Emerald is the reason why some people have made up the idea that its 'unstable'.

lostsoul5673

blahblahblahblahblahblahb lah
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2009
    So, one last question, probably your opinion though...
    Which is the easiest Pokemon game to hack, of the Advanced series, R, S, E, FR, or LG?

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
    Years
  • I have a problem.... I'm using sappy12 for changing midi files for my hack but i'm having a hard time with it bcuz when I tried to import my midis to change the old midis, I can't play the new midi what I just inserted and the sappy12 window closes.... How can i fix it? And if there is any more tools better than sappy12, can you guys tell me...?

Thanks in advance. :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    In Pokemon Ruby, how do you change in the pokedex the type a pokemon is. For example, Kirlia is an Emotion Pokemon. How do you change that? Also, how do you change the footprint of the pokemon in the pokedex?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • In Pokemon Ruby, how do you change in the pokedex the type a pokemon is. For example, Kirlia is an Emotion Pokemon. How do you change that? Also, how do you change the footprint of the pokemon in the pokedex?

You can use A-Text to edit the pokedex type, just type in the name of the pokemon into the search function, and viola! just press the next button untill you see what you want to edit!

If I remember correctly, you can use Dexter to change the footprint of a pokemon, but I never got it to work on my computer for some reason...

Google is your friend...my friend!

I dont have the files on me ATM, but I think you can get it still...

More classes
    i need to add Lawrence III as a trainer sprite of his own without removing anyone else
    How would i add an extra overworld for this aswell?

Well, you could manually insert the sprite into unlZGBA and then use a program like PET, to make a pointer to his sprite for the battle, then you can make his OW using an OW editor... then just make his battle using PET, or trainer edit, or something like that, (PET can make classes as well as trainers, but you have to have rsball to dump the images from the game, you can get this, and a package of a bunch of other tools from helmeted rodent, look them up on google.) then insert the offset of his battle into a script that starts a trainer battle, and BOOM! you are done! of course, that is the hard way, since you aren't overwriting a useless trainer... like a team magma grunt... (Since most hacks I have seen dont use team magma at all...) Hope this helps...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back