• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
  • Hey, got another question, this time regarding overworld editor RE and inserting sprites over a deoxys sprite in FR. Basically, I get a darkrai OW sprite, index it, and scale it down to size, then insert it over the deoxys form i don't want to use, problem is that when i do that the palette goes all weird, so I inserted the palette of darkrai along with the sprite, now every single other OW sprite that uses that specific palette goes messed up, including the other forms of deoxys, and the hero. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Okey dokey, here's what you do.
    First of all, you definetly shouldn't have inserted Darkrai's pallete, but you can fix that. All you have to do is find the old pallete in a different Fire Red ROM, export one of the images that use that pallete, and insert it back over where the Deoxys was, and then that will be fixed up.

Now, to insert it in rightly, you need to use and existing pallete in the game to re-color it. Search through a few until you find some with the right colors. Then, open up the original Darkrai in paint, zoom in atleast 600%, and then use that as a guide to re-color it. Remember, you won't get the EXACT colors, but you can come really close, but if i remember correctly, when I put a Darkrai in, it looked a bit lighter than it should've, but it still looks cool. I would start with the outline and then work inwards.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    Okey dokey, here's what you do.
    First of all, you definetly shouldn't have inserted Darkrai's pallete, but you can fix that. All you have to do is find the old pallete in a different Fire Red ROM, export one of the images that use that pallete, and insert it back over where the Deoxys was, and then that will be fixed up.

Now, to insert it in rightly, you need to use and existing pallete in the game to re-color it. Search through a few until you find some with the right colors. Then, open up the original Darkrai in paint, zoom in atleast 600%, and then use that as a guide to re-color it. Remember, you won't get the EXACT colors, but you can come really close, but if i remember correctly, when I put a Darkrai in, it looked a bit lighter than it should've, but it still looks cool. I would start with the outline and then work inwards.

Thanks alot! I just inserted the old palette and will try what you said!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    Okay, I just did what you told me but when i tried to save it, it comes up with this: "Error 55 (File already open) in procedure savesprite of FrmOverworldEditor"- What does this mean?

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    I managed to fix it ^^ all you have to do is import the sprite, then save it, quit it then open it again and start changing the colours :) thanks for all your help, itman :) much appreciated.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • Ok, I have no idea why this happens but...
    I used the OW changer to change the size of one of the OWs to 32x32. Then, I inserted my OW correctly. After, I went to A-map to put it in a map. But when I went to it in the acutal game (VBA), it's invisible. And there is no way that I can find to make it reappear. It's there though, cause you can't move on the spot. Can someone help me?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Ok, I have no idea why this happens but...
    I used the OW changer to change the size of one of the OWs to 32x32. Then, I inserted my OW correctly. After, I went to A-map to put it in a map. But when I went to it in the acutal game (VBA), it's invisible. And there is no way that I can find to make it reappear. It's there though, cause you can't move on the spot. Can someone help me?

lemme think of some possibilities...
    1. is it hidden?
    2. is the map having a level script that hides that overworld's person number?
    3. er, is it hidden behind the tiles it''s suppose to be standing at?
    4. try to change one of the people there with the new overworld you added...
    5. (save back-up first)try deleting the level script?

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years

• lemme think of some possibilities...
    1. is it hidden?
    2. is the map having a level script that hides that overworld's person number?
    3. er, is it hidden behind the tiles it''s suppose to be standing at?
    4. try to change one of the people there with the new overworld you added...
    5. (save back-up first)try deleting the level script?

1. No.
    2. No level scripts.
    3. No, unless grass can hide people.
    4. Still invisible...
    5. No level script to delete.

Thanks for your help though, I just can't figure out why it would happen, unless Overworld Changer doesn't work in general, but some of my friends had it work easily, and said they never had this problem. I used it again on a different OW and inserted a new one, and it still was invisible.

Cullin1

Larvitar Master!
    Years
  • Question, I guess?

First Question:
    Yeah, me and my step brother Agent Q Got into hacking pokemon fire red, and we were doing pretty good until we put in a trainer into our game. Now we did this with Trainer Editor. It suddenly made us surf on the first floor of every building, and viridian forest.

Second Question:
    Uh, we also downloaded PoketScript, but I read tutorials on compiling and I need some PokemnADV or something like that. Anyone know a download site, or can upload it so I can download it?

Sorry to bother with the questions..

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • I have been looking all over this site, and I have yet to find the unLZ.gba number for pokemon Firered's Kanto mainland tilemap. (not the Tiles themselves, but the GFX version of the thing that tells the tiles what order to be in) I need this number for my hack, I need to replace it, with the one I made. Can anyone help me?

Iken

The OTHER other white meat.
    Years
  • *gulp*

i know this has probably been asked at least 500 times, and i'm sure you're sick of people asking,

but where do i start?

i've never hacked before, and i don't know what tools i'll need.

or if you could point me to a thread that'll tell me that would be fantastic..

Thanks in advance

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    *gulp*

i know this has probably been asked at least 500 times, and i'm sure you're sick of people asking,

but where do i start?

i've never hacked before, and i don't know what tools i'll need.

or if you could point me to a thread that'll tell me that would be fantastic..

Thanks in advance

Well the best place to start is the Tools Section and the Tutorials section. For a map editor you will need Advance Map, second you will need a script editor, fo that try XSE. and if you get far enough to insert sprites then try UNLZ.GBA. Then for OW sprites try OW editor rebirth edition.

That should be enough to get you started. Remember if you cant find some of the tools in those sections try google.

Iken

The OTHER other white meat.
    Years
  • Well the best place to start is the Tools Section and the Tutorials section. For a map editor you will need Advance Map, second you will need a script editor, fo that try XSE. and if you get far enough to insert sprites then try UNLZ.GBA. Then for OW sprites try OW editor rebirth edition.

That should be enough to get you started. Remember if you cant find some of the tools in those sections try google.

Do you know what the newest versions are? i don't wanna get stuck with an old one and then get screwed over before i start D:

please and thankyou :D

KhaosKnight

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Do you know what the newest versions are? i don't wanna get stuck with an old one and then get screwed over before i start D:

please and thankyou :D

ususaly when you down load it the links are updated with the current, and some have automatic updates

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2009
    help trainer edit

i tryed to use rs ball but it says dont hav pokemon.uni files so i cant dump what wrong or where can i ge another editor for sapphire ty.

KhaosKnight

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Does anyone know how to control the ability to run on a map? For some reason I can't run in one of my outdoor maps. I made sure the running shoes were set.

check the behavior bytes on the tiles, some may be set to no running(like the grass below foretree)

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I've checked them. They're all 0. Even indoor tiles are set to normal. I checked level scripts as well. Maybe something under the professional view in amap?

Go to the header view in Advance Map and change the map's type to route, town or village.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back