• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2008
Greetings, all.
I am totally new to ROM-Hacking and I was wondering where to find a good scripting tutorial for Pokemon Gold Version. Most of the tutorials are only for RSE.
A working link would be fine.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Greetings, all.
I am totally new to ROM-Hacking and I was wondering where to find a good scripting tutorial for Pokemon Gold Version. Most of the tutorials are only for RSE.
A working link would be fine.

Thanks in advance for the help.

You can find a tutorial on Pokemon Gold scripting here. Greets to cooley.

emosillyputty

Sporkman away!
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2008
Hi, I want to make an event happen when you step on a certain tile, and I put the following script on the S tile on advance map.

#org $start
checkflag 0x828
if b_true goto $move
applymovement 0xFF $move
pausemove 0
applymovement 0x00 $move2
release
end

#org $done
release
end

#org $move
#raw 0x62 0xFE

#org $move2
#raw 0x1D 0x1D 0x4F 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x60 0xFE

BUT when I step on the tile an exclamation mark appears above the player's head and then nothing else happens, this is at the start of the game when you have no pokemon yet. Do I have to put a certain script on the person i want to move or is it a problem with the script I made? ANY help whatsoever would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Emosillyputty

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hmm, i think DJG... I mean Time has a short tut in one of his threads in the Documents and Tutorials section.

eh?
nope, I don't have a tutorial for pokecry. :\

Hi, I want to make an event happen when you step on a certain tile, and I put the following script on the S tile on advance map.

-script removed-

BUT when I step on the tile an exclamation mark appears above the player's head and then nothing else happens, this is at the start of the game when you have no pokemon yet. Do I have to put a certain script on the person i want to move or is it a problem with the script I made? ANY help whatsoever would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Emosillyputty

all scripting questions should go to the Script Help Thread in the Scrapbox section. :\

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Very sorry for the repost but i seem to have been missed,

Could someone advise me on a small ruby scripting question?

I have been setting up a scean in a trial hack where your pokemon are stolen half way through the game (disabeling the Pokemon menu ext.) and have set up so that you can be given a pokemon from another trainer, however i was hopeing to find a way to remove the pokemon at the end of the scean. So far i have been unable to find any commands to do this and as its not done in the games i dont know if its even possable.

I have been scripting with XSE so if someone knows how to do it that way then i would be gratefull but i could always learn to do it in Hex.

Thanks for your time
Aah, I answered this... Check 4 posts above your post.

You can't really expect me to trial and error 16! + 15! + ... + 10! possibilities, 22324392115200 is kind of a big number isn't it?

What's probably "wrong" with the ROM is that it's a japanese version. This means the tool probably won't be able to locate the attack names, thus rendering both the tool and it's .ini files a bit redundant. However, the attack's values (accurracy, type, PP, etc.) will still probably be listed in the same way...
I just need to know in what order those values are put in the ROM file and how the coding of the non-numeric values works.

Secondly, knowing this, none of the referred offsets are probably correct. Even if one were to be, I still need to know several of the following things:
1: The amount of values each move takes up (I know it to be 16 in DP, but in FR?), thus making me able to deduct the offset of the n-th move.
2: The meaning of each of the values (i.e. the listing order of move power, pp, accurracy, etc.)
3: The way types and so on are encoded (for example Dark = 11 in DP)
4: The listing order of the moves would also help if I can't find it using the find feature (If I know where howl is located in a pokemon FR/LG rom it would certainly help).
I'm on the wrong computer so I don't have access to my hacking stuff. I meant changing the bytes experimentally and looking for patterns. Where did you get that number from anyway? The other option is to PM someone who has that information, try Darthatron. Also I remember there was a thread for altered .ini files somewhere, I think thethethethe created .ini files for Darthatrons tools, he might have made one for BPRJ which is what you would be looking for. It'll either be in the toolbox or Documents/Tutorials, I can't find it sorry.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Is it possible to take your Pokemon away from you, give you new ones and then return your old Pokemon while taking away the new ones?
I'm hacking FR btw.

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
Years
I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but I'll try to make this my last. Does anyone know if Gold Scripting works in Crystal? Or is there a different set of rules and stuff for Crystal.

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2009
I found a tutorial on this site (showthread.php?t=80975) and now I want to import the edited pictures to see how they look. I used pokepic to dump the images of the ruby title as gba files and edited them in tile molester. now i want to see how they look but i dont know how to import them back in the rom.

Years
I wanted to see of anyone who be able to change my titlescreen in gold for me?
I can make and I have (not sure if they are good enough) made tiles, if there is someone who could change it and send me the patch please contact me. I will give ful credit for the title screen if someone changes it!

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2010
Well, I think the problem is your dynamic offset.
It should be 0x800000
I have no problem with this.

Example..
Code:
[s_highlight]#dynamic 0x800000[/s_highlight]

#org @start
lock faceplayer
message @1
boxset 6
release
end

#org @1
= Hello. Try it!

Thank you so much, you would think this would be emphasized more in the tutorial.
Thanks again!

EDIT;

Ok, I tried this and it still didn't work. No matter what I do to the dynamic code, after compiling and closing, it goes back to what it was. I know I'm doing it just like the tutorials... am I missing something?

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
Years
I wanted to see of anyone who be able to change my titlescreen in gold for me?
I can make and I have (not sure if they are good enough) made tiles, if there is someone who could change it and send me the patch please contact me. I will give ful credit for the title screen if someone changes it!
I could...possibly make it for you. I'm pretty sure the titlescreen patch is in Blazichu's Tutorials, so check there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back