• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    Thanks man, helped me alot!

EDIT: I cant figure out how to save it rigth tho :/ I know, really nooby lol.
    Hmm. Well, you don't really save anything in XSE. Ok, let's try this:

1. Write a script in XSE
    example:
    Spoiler:

2. In XSE, above the area you typed your script in, there is an "open" button. Click that and choose the ROM file that you're working on.
    3. Next to the "open" button, there is a button that looks like some gears. That is the "compile" button. Click that, and the program will find some free space in the ROM for your script.
    4. In the window that pops up after you hit the "compile" button, click the "copy" button. This simply copies the offset in the ROM that your script is located at.
    5. In Advance Map, click on the person you want to give you the National Dex.
    6. On the right side of Advance Map, there will be some numbers and info about that person. In the box that says "offset", paste the offset that you copied from XSE into that box.
    7. Save the ROM in Advance Map.
    8. Open the game in VisualBoyAdvance and talk to the person. If everything went right, the National Dex should be activated.

Let me know if that doesn't work for you

20% Brock

Freikorps Representative
    Years
  • Ok, I'm hacking Leaf Green, and I have the two images below:

lpmmh1.png

I want to replace the one on the left with the one on the right, as you may have guessed. However, when using Overworld editor, the following occurs:

I open up the ROM and click Import Sprite (having already indexed it to the 16 colours I want, which are all GBA compatible and saved it as a .bmp), and keeping mind that my new sprite is a few pixels larger than my old one, check the Fix Pointers option in addition to the Import Sprite and Import Palette options as shown:

Spoiler:

But then I always get the following:

Spoiler:

What am I doing wrong? Have I misunderstood one of the functions?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • Ok, I'm hacking Leaf Green, and I have the two images below:

lpmmh1.png

I want to replace the one on the left with the one on the right, as you may have guessed. However, when using Overworld editor, the following occurs:

I open up the ROM and click Import Sprite (having already indexed it to the 16 colours I want, which are all GBA compatible and saved it as a .bmp), and keeping mind that my new sprite is a few pixels larger than my old one, check the Fix Pointers option in addition to the Import Sprite and Import Palette options as shown:

Spoiler:

But then I always get the following:

Spoiler:

What am I doing wrong? Have I misunderstood one of the functions?
    No, that program is just horribly buggy. Try using HackMew's OW editor.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2010
    Sprite changing problem

Hi, I've been trying to hack my Emerald rom to change the sprite for the female character and i managed to change it but i'm still getting the background colour in it and its annoying, how to i fix it so it's just the sprite??? I know what i'm doing wrong is probably dumb and obvious buuut.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    Hi, I've been trying to hack my Emerald rom to change the sprite for the female character and i managed to change it but i'm still getting the background colour in it and its annoying, how to i fix it so it's just the sprite??? I know what i'm doing wrong is probably dumb and obvious buuut.
    use the first color of the palette as the background palette.

Years
  • Hi, I've been trying to hack my Emerald rom to change the sprite for the female character and i managed to change it but i'm still getting the background colour in it and its annoying, how to i fix it so it's just the sprite??? I know what i'm doing wrong is probably dumb and obvious buuut.
    If you mean the background colour is showing on the sprite in-game, that means the background colour is not the first in the palette on the sprite. You need to open the sprite in IRFanView and edit the order of the palette so that the background colour comes first. Then you need to re-import the sprite into the ROM, and it should work properly.

thia12

Eternity Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    Hmm. Well, you don't really save anything in XSE. Ok, let's try this:

1. Write a script in XSE
    example:
    Spoiler:

2. In XSE, above the area you typed your script in, there is an "open" button. Click that and choose the ROM file that you're working on.
    3. Next to the "open" button, there is a button that looks like some gears. That is the "compile" button. Click that, and the program will find some free space in the ROM for your script.
    4. In the window that pops up after you hit the "compile" button, click the "copy" button. This simply copies the offset in the ROM that your script is located at.
    5. In Advance Map, click on the person you want to give you the National Dex.
    6. On the right side of Advance Map, there will be some numbers and info about that person. In the box that says "offset", paste the offset that you copied from XSE into that box.
    7. Save the ROM in Advance Map.
    8. Open the game in VisualBoyAdvance and talk to the person. If everything went right, the National Dex should be activated.

Let me know if that doesn't work for you
    Hmm, it kinda worked. The whole part of getting the script from XSE into the game worked, the script just didnt. Im gonna try to see if i can fix this.
    Thanks alot.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2010
    overworld sprite problem

I'm using hackmews overworld sprite editormajig and i'm importing my own sprites but it imports fine at first but it messes with the colours of the other sprites but only for that character but on all frames, then when i put in another sprite the original's colour messes up too. Any ideas?

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    I'm using hackmews overworld sprite editormajig and i'm importing my own sprites but it imports fine at first but it messes with the colours of the other sprites but only for that character but on all frames, then when i put in another sprite the original's colour messes up too. Any ideas?
    most sprite shares the same palette so don't use the import palette. but instead, use the existing palette. 0, 3, 4, 5, 6, 16, 19, 20 and 21.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    Hmm, it kinda worked. The whole part of getting the script from XSE into the game worked, the script just didnt. Im gonna try to see if i can fix this.
    Thanks alot.

Make sure you re-open the ROM in the emulator, so the changes are loaded. Cause nothing is wrong with that script :)

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
  • I need help I inserted Lavarigde town gym tile in Firered and everytime I try to warp it reset
    Video Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFHsGaDtt4A
    LOL I might know. Do you have hidden people on there? 'Cause I remember a little back that happened, and had to figure out that by myself. ='[. So if they're hidden people, delete them or change their status to like, looking left, or something. If that's not the problem, IDK what is.

sonlen

Hacking Noob
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2011
    No, that was the first thing I checked after indexing didn't fix the problem--it is 16x32.

http://www.mediafire.com/?drmznb2fiz5 Try this program, use NSE to open the rom and then go to sprite, then file, export, Nameless Sprite Library. Then Open NSL and import the Sprite Library you just exported, then import your new sprites into the existing one, save it then import the modified file to the sprite you want to replace and it should work perfectly.
    If you cant get it to work upload the files and send me a PM with a link and I will fix it for you if you want.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • if hacking emerald, is there a way to negate sprite animation . i.e can you replace 2nd frames with 1st frames to make stills.

or do all pokemon have to have 2nd fames?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • if hacking emerald, is there a way to negate sprite animation . i.e can you replace 2nd frames with 1st frames to make stills.

or do all pokemon have to have 2nd fames?

You would need ASM knowledge. You have to find the animation routine and change it to the Ruby one. I would just stick with the animations :P They're cool.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back