• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
Years
  • Right, ive downloaded Wichu's Sprite tool but whenever i import an indexed sprite and synchonise pallettes it kinda combines it with the previous pokemon.
    Do i have to import both the regular and shiny before i synchronise?

Yeah But you can go to the rom hacking resource and download his super hgss sprite pack and you just insert those

Xnenai

Developing Polyglot
    Years
  • Anyway to become better at spriting, cause I suck at drawing things like rock walls or trees, the only thing im ok at is buildings. Anyone got any resources I can read in order to get better?

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • Implying i wanna insert HGSS sprites, j/k

Nah, i'm inserting Fakemon sprites but i wasnt inserting shinies so thanks for clearing that up :D

Ok nevermind, I actually CANT index or insert sprites, i'm getting confused, all the guides are telling me different things,

I need someone to adopt me and help me insert sprites D:

~NzFury

Professional Tile Inserter :P
    Years
  • My question about editing the font in Firered was answered but my other question wasn't,so ill repost it.

How do you edit the text boxes in Pokemon Firered?

---------
    ~Fury
    ---------

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • @~NzFury
    A single search should bring this up. =0=

I believe it can be done in A-Map, but I am unsure. Could you post a picture showing what you mean?
    pokemonemerald02.png
    pokemonemerald01.png

The text saying "Cable Car" and "Fiery Path" or the picture showing Littleroot Town. Oh, and the big bar saying "Hoenn Map Zoom View" or "Hoenn Map Full View".

Last edited:

Xnenai

Developing Polyglot
    Years
  • Anyway to become better at spriting, cause I suck at drawing things like rock walls or trees, the only thing im ok at is buildings. Anyone got any resources I can read in order to get better?

Anyone? Please, need help at spriting im awful O_O.....

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • I'm sure I saw a thread here somewhere, but I can't find it now. Does anyone know how I can hack ROMS on a mac computer?

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    My mistake, it works as such:
    Code:
        bl Address

Address: .word 0x08700000
    It's just that the address can be stored up to 1,048,575 words away. But then again, I'm probably wrong, again. :( Sorry I can't be of much help.
    compilation word, but the branch loads the wrong offset. the offset was the offset where 0x08700000 was written.

ex:
    800000 bl 0x088000c2
    8000c2 00 00
    8000c3 70 08

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • compilation word, but the branch loads the wrong offset. the offset was the offset where 0x08700000 was written.

ex:
    800000 bl 0x088000c2
    8000c2 00 00
    8000c3 70 08

Code:
    800000   bl #0x30
    8000c0   00 00
    8000c2   70 08

The value given in bl is how many words away the offset is.

Mr

Just call me Mister
    Years
  • I think my problem is similar to the guy above me. I'm trying to make a map for Fire Red. I want to change its gfx and make it function properly. I've searched all kinds of terms like: World map and town map. I can't find anything. Can someone please help?

P.S. Is there a place where I can start a thread asking a question, or must all questions be asked here?

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
    Years
  • I'm not sure whether this has been asked or not, but how do I change the X and Y locations of where you go into the Pokemon Center if you're out of Pokemon? (does that even make sense?)

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • Well, A-text lets me edit the boxes, but they don't let me edit which squares get the boxes. ;-;

At 0x5A147C in the ROM there is a table of data that contains that data. Each structure is 8 bytes long:
    Code:
    X-Pos   1 Byte
    Y-Pos   1 Byte
    Width   1 Byte
    Height  1 Byte
    Pointer 1 Word

The pointer points to the name of the tile.

Then at 0x5B91B8 in the ROM there is a table of data:
    Code:
    ID      1 Byte
    ?????   1 Byte
    Buffer  1 Halfword ;Only observed as 0x0000
    Pointer 1 Word
    The Pointer points to another pointer which points to some data structure relating to the listed items, which I don't understand... The ID is simply used as a check to see if the list has ended - it checks if it's 0xD5 at several points in the routine.

That's about all I can do to help at the moment. No$GBA decided to stop working... Sorry.

Cinaed666

Geek.
    Years
  • Where could I find the pointers of the loaded sprites during the intro in fire red?
    Oak sprite, Player sprite, Rival sprite..

also, are there tutorials on adding more then 5 evolutions to a pokémon? YAPE can only do five, I need two more D:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back