• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drithlan

Self Proclaimed Cartographer
Years
There are a few ways depending on the situation. If you could leave a more detailed scenario to better help us help you.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
About tiles, there's a very small space for tiles and I still need add houses and indoor tiles.
Also what is palette two for?

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
Okay i have two questions.
Both relating to R/S.

1: in my hack, i have placed berry trees infront of the flower shop, which i think is causing the bottom row of tiles of the house to screw up. however if i pick them, walk away and walk back again, theyre fine... It also seems to appen randomly, not just by picking them, as this sometimes doesnt fix it...
If you need more info, i'll screenie it.

2: How do i get the arow tiles in The Mossdeep Gym set to act like the ones in FRLG, if possible? I want to make it so you don't stop until touching a stop tile.

that^ and:

3: Is it possible for me to swap the script offsets of Norman and Roxanne, in order for me to battle 'norman' first and not have to have 4 badges? (i'm a novice scripter, so dont want to be messing about withe scripts themselves.)

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
3: Is it possible for me to swap the script offsets of Norman and Roxanne, in order for me to battle 'norman' first and not have to have 4 badges? (i'm a novice scripter, so dont want to be messing about withe scripts themselves.)
3. You can alter the badge they give, or in a script: the flag you set. In Roxanne's script if you want her to give the 4th badge, then change the setflag 0x807 part of her script to setflag 0x80A. For Norman to give the 1st Badge then change the setflag 0x80A of his script to setflag 0x807. Then after that, switch their offsets and sprites.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years

3. You can alter the badge they give, or in a script: the flag you set. In Roxanne's script if you want her to give the 4th badge, then change the setflag 0x807 part of her script to setflag 0x80A. For Norman to give the 1st Badge then change the setflag 0x80A of his script to setflag 0x807. Then after that, switch their offsets and sprites.

okay i understand that, but how do i remove the 4 badge requirement to fight norman?

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2013
How do you remove the truck at the beggining of Ruby?

and also, How do you hack the world map?

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
How do you remove the truck at the beggining of Ruby?

and also, How do you hack the world map?
Use Advance Intro Ed, it can remove the sounds and the map you're in. :)
Also, a page has passed, so;
Hey... Does anyone know hoe to change the text when you lost a battle?
Like, when you lose a battle, you go the center and Nurse Joy heals your Pokemon, how do you change that? And the text also. Same for your mom.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Thank you :D
Hopefully it works.

Oh and in reply to your question. Using Advance text, Type in something Nurse Joy says and go to Search INI. Then overwrite what it says.
Oh no thank you. Why? Because what if I have to repoint? Advance Text does not repoint to free space, but somehwere else in the game, which is bad. Any other suggestions?

Drithlan

Self Proclaimed Cartographer
Years
Got a question here. In advance map, how would I make it so a tile permanetly has a certain Movement Permission?

Got a question here. In advance map, how would I make it so a tile permanetly has a certain Movement Permission?

You asked this question previously on this page. and I asked for more information that you didn't give.

There are a few ways depending on the situation. If you could leave a more detailed scenario to better help us help you.

rstar095

Baby Seal Clubber
Years
anyone know where i can get some good fakemon sprites(I suck at making them) and backsprites. If not, anyone know of a good tutorial for resizing large pictures, i remember seeing one resizing a bayleef but cant find it anymore

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
anyone know where i can get some good fakemon sprites(I suck at making them) and backsprites. If not, anyone know of a good tutorial for resizing large pictures, i remember seeing one resizing a bayleef but cant find it anymore
This doesn't really relate to general ROM hacking help... But Samson's Fakemon are pretty good.

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
You asked this question previously on this page. and I asked for more information that you didn't give.

What more info can I give? All I wanted is for one tile to always have the same movement permision so I wouldnt have to continously do it for every tile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back