• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    Hi! I started trying to map some more after a loong break.
    I've always been a noob, but now I understand ALOT more than I did, lol.

Anyways, my problem:
    I opened up AM, then loaded a ROM.
    I clicked Create new map, then selected tilesets and name etc.
    After finishing my map (with events and movement permission and all that), I inserted my map into bank 24 (as this is a cave).
    It appeared on bottom of bank 24, named as LITTLEROOT TOWN.
    When I opened up Header and changed the name to my desired name, the original LITTLEROOT TOWN maps also changed their names.

How can I do so my custom map isn't "linked" with the LITTLEROOT TOWN maps?
    I really want my own custom names for the map, without changing original map names too.

Thanks for your attention and help!
    - lrZ^

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    Are you 100% sure?
    So I can't make new maps, without using the same name as other maps?
    That's... Pretty weird... :s

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    Hi. I am new to this, so please bare with me. I have a couple of questions. xD

1 - Is it possible to add more than 12 palletes in Advance Map?
    2- Is there a way to delete old scripts completely, so that you can use them for additional space? (Just wondering)

Thank you.
    Chad -

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • I have a problem that I don't know what the cause is:

My titlescreen's image ruins the whole title screen.

Spoiler:

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
    Years
  • You need to change the palette. There are tutorials floating around that tell you step-by-step how to replace the Charizard, including the palette-editing part. Changing the palette is extremely important.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    i need help with pokemon platinum

-when i edit a pokemon's data in PDEDS, i make them hold items and insert the personal.narc back in. but then, when i encounter it, it never has any of the items i make it hold. why?

-how can i change pokemon in-battle sprites?

-change trainer over-world map sprite with another character

Xnenai

Developing Polyglot
    Years
  • I'm just wondering if in the future, A-Map will have multi-tile brushes (if thats the right word), Along with the ability to copy and paste tiles? Maybe that sounds stupid but another game that i play/and mod called Starcraft also uses tiles as the design of the map, and the modded map editors for it have copy and paste functions, and multi-tile brushes.

Also wondering if some one can post a link to a helpful guide for decompiling/recompiling scripts use XSE. <- Havin a bit of trouble with that (cant fix a script without have to rewrite it cause the newer parts that i add in get written into the offset that i was using and delete everything else, screws up the script)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm just wondering if in the future, A-Map will have multi-tile brushes (if thats the right word), Along with the ability to copy and paste tiles? Maybe that sounds stupid but another game that i play/and mod called Starcraft also uses tiles as the design of the map, and the modded map editors for it have copy and paste functions, and multi-tile brushes.

Also wondering if some one can post a link to a helpful guide for decompiling/recompiling scripts use XSE. <- Havin a bit of trouble with that (cant fix a script without have to rewrite it cause the newer parts that i add in get written into the offset that i was using and delete everything else, screws up the script)

You can copy in A-Map already, hold CTRL whilst you select your blocks you you can then tile using multitiles.

Once you compile a script to an offset (which you should have searched for with FSF before) then if you change the script in any way you should also change the offset because anything you add will change the number of bytes the script takes up, and so any scripts which are inserted after the edited one are at risk of being edited over and stuff ><

Xnenai

Developing Polyglot
    Years
  • O_O then i think my keyboards broken lol cause i already tried that. ill try again though thanks

and, because the new script needs a diff amount of bytes it needs a new offset? how come i cant just rewrite over the old one o-o?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    O_O then i think my keyboards broken lol cause i already tried that. ill try again though thanks

and, because the new script needs a diff amount of bytes it needs a new offset? how come i cant just rewrite over the old one o-o?

It's CTRL and RIGHT click sorry ^^ I forgot to specify that.

Well pointing it at one offset is fine, but the next offset used it so many bytes behind it, so if you have other script compiled into the ROM further in then you risk overwriting things.

EG:
    1st Script at 0x800000
    2nd Script at 0x800006

If you then change the 1st script by adding in lots of commands (changing values shouldn't change the bytes but adding msgbox, lock, applymovements and things will) then it might compile part of the new script partially over the 2nd.

Or something like that << I should leave this to an expert XD

PeregrineFig

Years
  • If you're going to add even a single byte to a script, recompile the whole thing. You can get away with writing over it if it's the last script you compiled, as well as if there are fewer bytes in the new version. But, if there's data after the script and you add bytes to the old script, it will spill over and overwrite part of the script at the offset at the end of the script you're rewriting. This might not make a lot of sense if you don't understand the workings of hex, but I hope you understand what I (and SwiftSign) said.

Xnenai

Developing Polyglot
    Years
  • thanks for explaining that to me now i know why all my scripts are screwed up (and why my rom is screwed up) XD
    and thanks for specifying ctrl+right click cause i woulda been stuck forever.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2011
    I just have one simple question.
    • How would I be able to disable the trainer blocking a thrown Poké Ball during a battle, thus being able to steal their Pokémon? I've seen some AR/GS codes out there and I'm wondering where I'd look for a script or such that'd control this. It's mainly boredom that made me think of this.

Xnenai

Developing Polyglot
    Years
  • Is there some sorta limit to the amount of sprites you can have in a map where if you past that limit all scripts are disabled(just a random guess)? cause in one of the maps im making, it's like a school, and im trying to make it seem lively with people, there are about 21 people in the map and i tryed using this script
    #dynamic 0x80005C
    #org @devlabppl
    lock
    msgbox @talking 0x6
    release
    end

#org @talking
    = 'Burning Glare'

nothing wrong with it i assume( i dont want the faceplayer command for it) but for some reason it doesnt work with any of the sprites that i put it on >.> (except for one, some fat miner guy with different strings for the @talking pointer...)

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • You need to change the palette. There are tutorials floating around that tell you step-by-step how to replace the Charizard, including the palette-editing part. Changing the palette is extremely important.

I did change the palette, but his happened...
    Spoiler:

You see, the background is gone (and I inserted it) and the yellow "transparent" thing is there! What went wrong????

PeregrineFig

Years
  • The yellow (transparent) color has to be the first color in your palette. Also, in NTME, use the palettemap and cover the sprite part in D tiles, if I remember right.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Is there some sorta limit to the amount of sprites you can have in a map where if you past that limit all scripts are disabled(just a random guess)? cause in one of the maps im making, it's like a school, and im trying to make it seem lively with people, there are about 21 people in the map and i tryed using this script
    Spoiler:

nothing wrong with it i assume( i dont want the faceplayer command for it) but for some reason it doesnt work with any of the sprites that i put it on >.> (except for one, some fat miner guy with different strings for the @talking pointer...)

yes, there is a limit.
    I experienced what would happen and all flags would reset if we exceed the limit.
    anyways, 21 is still okay in a map.
    dunno why you're having that problem, though...

Xnenai

Developing Polyglot
    Years
  • Cool, thx for telling me. I have one last question (hopefully for a while). Whats the benefit of inserting Level scripts?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Cool, thx for telling me. I have one last question (hopefully for a while). Whats the benefit of inserting Level scripts?

It means a script will happen as soon as you enter the map, rather than wait for you to step on a trigger event tile.

carlolicup

♀♪♫☼►◄↕‼? ??§☻♥♦♣♠•◘ ○
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2012
    Does anyone know how to change Prof Birch ??
    I can't find him in UnlZ . They say use tile layer pro , but i dont know how to use it .

EDIT:And BTW , I want to change him in Ruby :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back