• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are my favourite Pokemon awful choices?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    We share some favorites (Bulbasaur, Gastrodon, Arcanine/Persian, Butterfree, Beautifly) so I certainly hope they aren't awful!

Really, whether a Pokemon is awful or not when it comes to favorites is completely subjective. If you like those Pokemon, then you like them. There's nothing wrong with that just because some people may disagree!

ChipmunkGamingInc.

Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.
    Years
  • I like Lumineon only because it was a cross between the butterfly Pokemon collection and Water types^^

Speaking of butterfly Pokemon:
    And to those of you, hanging back in the shadows, wondering why I chose all of the butterfly Pokemon, here's your story:

To little 7 year old me, butterfly Pokemon always had a special place in my heart because they were almost always the first Pokemon you caught. Yeah, I had my Piplup, travelling thru Sinnoh. Shinx? Easy out. Bidoof? Cool, but please. Starly? Not a chance. It wasn't until I saw a Wurmple for the first time that I actually caught a Pokemon. My Beautifly was my best friend as well as my Empoleon. Life was good. Empoleon, Beautifly, Dustox, Mothim, Staraptor, and Luxray. But Beautful, the cleverly named Beautifly (*facepalm*), always had a special place in my heart.

But little did I know that our fun would soon end...
    Spoiler:

I just had to catch this pixelated abomination. But, this was not my idea originally, oh no. My friend's elder brother is the one who got my friend and I into Pokemon. He told me about the ultimate Pokemon, telling me this totally false story about how the creators of Pokemon wanted to make an ultra powerful Pokemon that could never be defeated, unless it was battling it's own kind. This Pokemon was the Creator of All, and it was the ancestor of all Pokemon, thus could learn all moves. They liked this idea right up until they were about to mass produce the game. Unable to take the Pokemon out without postponing the release date of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, they simply took out the sprite, but not the data, and replaced it with Arceus. That data was buried under a ton of coding, and never implemented into the game. Seems like a pretty legit and elaborate story for a twelve year old. I'm almost fourteen, I should know.

Anyways, I allowed him to alter my game with a GameHackerThing. I don't really remember what he used. Well, I caught He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Gah, I can't even bring myself to say it's name anymore. I was pretty proud of myself, until I realized...
    Spoiler:

I'd lost my best friend to this thing of death. It had murdered my Beautifly with no regrets, or second thought. Then disposed of it's lifeless body into the pits of Pokemon Diamond Version where no Pokemon, dead or alive, had ever come out of. Countless friends have been lost to, dare I even say it's name? No, I can do this. Countless friends have been lost to the pixelated sprite of despair, this image of doomsday. These friends, innocent Pokemon that have done nothing to harm anyone, were stabbed in the back with a rusty knife, by this once-thought friend. They were destroyed, never to be seen again, their life was simply erased. Who this heartless hybrid half-breed of a Pokemon is, if it even is a Pokemon, no one will ever know. It's purpose, lost in the depths of coding. This creature of destruction's name:
    MissingNo.

I hope you all enjoyed my short story/personal experience on how I lost my best friend to this THING. Yeah, I kinda rambled on at the end, but hey. I can get overly creative sometimes.

*~Maelstrom~*

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Your list of favorite pokemon are very unique, which is more than can be said for most. (Including myself... half of my top 10 are starters.) No eeveelutions, no legendaries, nor does it include many hyped fan favorites.

Another thing I like about your list is how it's based on personal experience that just happened. For instance, Delibird and Chinchou (later Lanturn) were just pokemon you happened to come across--especially Delibird. Unlike my favorites, you didn't just choose Delibird from a list, but rather a friend gave it to you, and you grew fond of it.

I don't feel as though whether or not I agree with your choices as pokemon is relevant. Rather, it's your method of choosing your favorites, explained through these memorable stories, that is very awesome.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • No one can tell you if your favorite Pokemon are bad choices.

That's right, it's each to their own opinion. Your list I must admit is very unexpected though, unique, which makes it rather interesting.
    I don't overly like any of the Pokemon from your list personally though.
    But I too have Pokemon I like based on experience. Like Gallade, he was my MVP in Platinum. It has a lot of attention though unlike the Pokemon you've chosen.

Nakala Pri

I reckon those choices, are, well, wonderful! Lanturn rocks, doesn't it? ^^

ashketchum23

I love Pokemon!
    Years
  • I think that they are fine choices :D
    Everybody has their favourites, and you obviously have some taste. Not my favourites, but good taste :)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Well it's your opinion, right? Think about why half the world says the hen came first and the other half say the egg. So would it be an awful choice to think the egg came first? Food for thought.

But I like your choices, nothing preferably wrong and since every Pokémon is special in some way, I can quite understand the various aspects which you touched on while making these dynamic choices. It's perfectly understandable, tbh.

OmegaTL

Time Lord
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    No, there is nothing wrong with any of these!
    Lumineon is my favourite fish Pokémon and Gastrodon is my favourite water type, except for maybe Empoleon!

Plus, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
    Years
  • Yeah, most of those Pokemon are pretty bad. But who cares? Your favorite shouldn't just be based on use in battle. My favorite Pokemon, Aggron, happens to be a monster in battle (even though it has 2 4x weaknesses) but there are plenty of Pokemon that I like that are not very useful in battle.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Let's see, koffi~

Hmm. I don't see bidoof anywhere on this list. Are you sure you don't want bidoof? Good, because with bidoof you're list would be questionable. But it's not, so you're absolutely, positively safe. Look at me. I like Koffing, Weezing, Grimer and Muk! So you're list is no less valid than mine. I think people whose lists comprise of only legendaries are a bit full of themselves, koff~

. . .Think about why half the world says the hen came first and the other half say the egg. So would it be an awful choice to think the egg came first? Food for thought. . .

I saw this and just had to reply, koff~

The egg came first: Dinosaurs. Now, were they to say the hen or the chicken egg, that might be another story. But they don't, so it will always be the egg, koffi~

Back