• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are Spanish hacks better then English hacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Over the year I have been hacking I have seen many hacks, some hacks that are good, bad, amazing, and awful. When I first started hacking I guess you could say I was a "NOOB" I went to youtube after I already found out what rom emulation was and I typed in rom hacking. I watched a brief video on map hacking then in the description it gave me a link to this site called "Whack a hack" it sounded a bit out of the ordinary to me. I clicked the link and it took me to the site, there I found some very good hacks such as Pokemon shiny gold, liquid crystal, ruby destiney, etc. After that I decided to check out there forum but there forum was in spanish, I went to a couple of hacks and seen how much they edited the backgrounds, the title screens, and tiles. At that time I didn't know how to do any of those things I barely even knew how to map out a town. Then I found great sites such as pokemon board and pokemon hackers online and then I finally found poke community. I then created an account because when I tried to download some tools it wouldn't let me. I then went to the emulation section and then to the rom hacking section there I seen some of the hacks people have posted on this site and they were good but I still thought wah's hacks were better. So then that made me ask my self a question, were spanish hackers better then english hackers? And were spahish hacks better edited then english hacks? These questions has been in my head for some time now and now I finally posted this thread to see your views on this matter.

In my option I would say spanish hacks have great potential, such as in the tiles they have edited the scipts and the events within the game. When it comes right down to it I would say spanish hacks have better graphics then english hacks. I'm not saying spanish hacks are better i'm just saying they have better graphics then english one's. I'm undecided, I don't really think it matters if your spanish, english, german, british, italy, australlian, or an alien, what matters is how much time and effort is spent on hack and your dedication to a hack that's what really matters.

But I would like your own personal opinion on this, do you think spanish hacks that you have played are better or more planned out then english hacks?​

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
    Years
    You know the one problem with Spanish/Itallian hacks? They're not English! How am I supposed to play the awesome hacks if I can't speak the language? :(

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Lol what is this I don't even. :/ Um, yeah, Spanish hacks may be good, but so are English hacks. I wouldn't say every Spanish hack was more outstanding than an English one.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    It isn't the language, but the creator, and time put in. The extremely good hacks have had TONNES of time put into them. Regardless of language. Basically, it isn't the language, but the effort and enthusiasm.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    In general they are. that's because a lot of them still learn how to hex edit things. this is a big help because then they know how things actually work, and not just that "it when I click this big button in this tool" I'm not saying that they don't have as many tools in their language as we have in ours, I'm saying that the difference is that they take more time and can impliment really cool features.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
    its not really if there Spanish or English its how much effort you put into your hack, alos shiny gold isnt Spanish I believe

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    It's not the language, it's the hacker that matters.

There are some great Spanish hackers, but, as far as I know, people like Coolboyman aren't Spanish, precisely.

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    It really depends on how much time the hacker puts into the hack.

P.S. what about Italian hackers huh? *starts to mumble*

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    You know, you pretty much said it:

I'm undecided, I don't really think it matters if your spanish, english, german, british, italy, australlian, or an alien, what matters is how much time and effort is spent on hack and your dedication to a hack that's what really matters.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    You know the one problem with Spanish/Itallian hacks? They're not English! How am I supposed to play the awesome hacks if I can't speak the language? :(
    That's why we have PC where are translators ;)

On topic. As others mentioned the nationality does NOT matter, if the Spanish/Brazil/Italian and so on hackers have better hacks when you compare it it's your own opinion.
    As for me I'd like to understand the hack not just in script way but also in NPC's speech way so I need ones which have language I understand. (of course if it's not hack I'm translating to English xD)

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Well I usually don't care where the hack I'm playing is from as long as I can play it. Even if it eventually turns out to be an awful one, I never try to find it out and then discriminate against the hacks from that country. It's simply wrong to do that. Making a bad hack does not mean that every hack from that country is supposedly terrible.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Saying that English hacks are better than Spanish hacks or vice versa is just like saying that Ruby hacks are better than FireRed hacks, when they are obviously dependent upon the hacker's skills, determination, etc. Also, I'm thinking that part of the reason why it seems that Spanish hacks would be better is that English people tend to jump the gun a bit, and release a "hack" that's nowhere near the quality it could be if they spent more time before trying to become popular. ):

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Language has nothing to do with it... -.-

I second this notion, the hacker's skills is what matters. Also, like Vrai said, saying Spanish hacks are better than English ones is like saying Ruby hacks are better than Fire Red hacks.

Years
    Well, I am Spanish and I can say you that I HATE Spanish hackers (well, not ALL the Spanish hackers). Why? Well, they create a lot of fantastic hacks... (irony) and if you can't create a hacker as good as their, you cannot do any hack.
    PS: That occurs me... I published a hack in Spanish in a Spanish webside (it was a parody of Pokemon Yellow, that had all text changed to be humoristic. ONLY I edited the texts...) and they said that it was the WORST hack ever. Ok, it wasn't marvelous, but... The WORST?? And what were their reasons?
    Because I didn't edit any map. Oh, and also said me that the hacks of 1st and 2nd generation are worst than the hacks of 3rd generation. That's the reason that I hack 1st and 2nd generation games (yes).
    Well, the panorama is very different. I think, the English hackers give more importance to the history (Pokemon BROWN), and the Spanish hackers give more importance to the "graffics" (Pokemon SHINY GOLD).

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    Well, I am Spanish and I can say you that I HATE Spanish hackers (well, not ALL the Spanish hackers). Why? Well, they create a lot of fantastic hacks... (irony) and if you can't create a hacker as good as their, you cannot do any hack.
    PS: That occurs me... I published a hack in Spanish in a Spanish webside (it was a parody of Pokemon Yellow, that had all text changed to be humoristic. ONLY I edited the texts...) and they said that it was the WORST hack ever. Ok, it wasn't marvelous, but... The WORST?? And what were their reasons?
    Because I didn't edit any map. Oh, and also said me that the hacks of 1st and 2nd generation are worst than the hacks of 3rd generation. That's the reason that I hack 1st and 2nd generation games (yes).
    Well, the panorama is very different. I think, the English hackers give more importance to the history (Pokemon BROWN), and the Spanish hackers give more importance to the "graffics" (Pokemon SHINY GOLD).

I see what you're tyring to say.

But I think it's just sterotyping Spanish hackers.

And Zel focuses on scripting, not graphics, so you're wrong there. :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back