• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are We NeRDS?

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
    I like pokemon

I like Pokemon,anyone want to complain,fine,but I'm like the smartest guy in my class(I have seen that only smart pearsons like Pokemon,or maybe they are smart because of pokemon,well I know only one thing,I have grown up on Lego and Pokemon,and I like how I have turned out!),not to say the strongest to,and I don't really care,they have nothing to love and adore,and I have my beloved pokemon and of course the GOD!

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    peekachoo said:
    that DOES make alot of sense....
    guess i'll just go along with that for now..:)
    though im not truly convinced...what about parents? mine still tease me about it. sometimes, when they use pokemon against me (like chores), i'll probably lose the fight.:dead:
    Parents don't like children playing Pokemon has a lot reasons. Here's some:
    1. Wants you to concentrate more on school work.
    2. Afraid that other ppl might think that you are a nerd.
    3. Thought that Pokemon is of evil spirit.
    4. Thought that Pokemon is racist.
    5. Under embargo of Japanese products. (rarely seen)
    6. Style of drawing of Pokemon does not seem appealing to them.
    7. Thought that Pokemon is violence and does not want you to learn those.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    Jynx, your numba 4 isn't supposed to be in that list. o.O; It's the KidsWB that are racist. They wouldn't let a Jynx episode appear without thinking of the thing as a negro. ~.~

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    asher_son_of_ash said:
    Jynx, your numba 4 isn't supposed to be in that list. o.O; It's the KidsWB that are racist. They wouldn't let a Jynx episode appear without thinking of the thing as a negro. ~.~
    Ya, you are right.
    It is realy kidsWB and Carole Boston Weatherford is racist (to Japanese).

KidsWB banned "Princess VS Princess" in USA, and the reason was "Too Japanese." <--What on earth do they think they mean? Ridiculous!

But sadly, quite a lot of parents beleive Mrs. CBW=.=
    and this is true.

Hoshi

just myself....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2015
    jynx said:
    Ya, you are right.
    It is realy kidsWB and Carole Boston Weatherford is racist (to Japanese).

KidsWB banned "Princess VS Princess" in USA, and the reason was "Too Japanese." <--What on earth do they think they mean? Ridiculous!

But sadly, quite a lot of parents beleive Mrs. CBW=.=
    and this is true.

How could they ban P vs. P if I saw it? When it came out? AS a rerun!

Think about it. How would you think your parents would react if they saw you still playing with a fisher-price barnyard set?
    heh, my parents would laugh and let me carry on.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    from HoshiHow could they ban P vs. P if I saw it? When it came out? AS a rerun!
    Oh, was it UK than?
    Anyway, one of the English Speaking Countries banned it and the reason was "too Japanese".

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    I don't think so,and this isn't just a pokemon forum,even though it is based on pokemon,we still have other chat and stuff,that's not realted to PKMN.

Years
    Why "unpopular"? Who the * cares of being popular?

Well I don't find why thy only fact of loving PKMN makes you nerd. And if I'm a nerd loving PKMN, then I am a nerd.
    What is the matter when they call you a nerd? It's your life, not their's. Huh. Ignore all the dumb guys that call you that, you don't have to hide anything. Sure they watched Pok?mon once, nuh?

KLS

PC's Eternal Witness
    Years
    what does PC stand for?
    PokeCommunity of course
    it's MAINLY pokemon
    you go to any other pokemon forums and they'll have other forums
    so what you're basically saying is all the other pokemon forums are not Pokemon Forums

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    I won't lie, some of you are nerds, and you are probably proud. Haha, but that doesn't mean everyone who slightly likes the show/game/etc. is a nerd. Just a preference, a guilty pleasure, even.

Last edited:

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    i mostly like the games but the programs abit annoying,
    my mates have no idea i play pokemon on my pc

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    ^^NICK^^ v.3.0 said:
    I won't lie, so of you are nerds, and you are probably proud. Haha, but that doesn't mean everyone who slightly likes the show/game/etc. is a nerd. Just a preference, a guilty pleasure, even.
    ya, agree.
    Lieing is not a good thing to do.
    Besides, it would b difficult for me to hide my interests.

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    I wouldn't call us nerds, I refer nerd to really smart people. But I will admit Im a geek (w00t!) Deffentally fun. I hate to label though, just do and take interest in what YOU like, and it really won't matter. Screw what everone else can say, you have your right to like what you please and your really the only person with the right to label your self.

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
    I don't know about you, but I am a nerd.
    I don't have that problem. A lot of my friends are into Pokemon, and anime, so we don't male fun of each other about the different things we like. Also, a lot of my friends play random rps as well; including Final Fantasy.
    We are just one big happy family, and I wish people would not make fun of other about things they like.
    Another reason I'm a nerd: I'm an 18 year-old that is still into Pokemon. lol, I guess some people never grow out of thier childhood entertainement! I know I haven't!

kris B.

"Oh, spit!" ~Kevin
    Years
    I know an 80 year old who's into Pokemon. Not personally...

People around here used to think Pokemon was childish. But now they pretty much don't care about it. In Elementary school, people made fun of me. Now in High School, people think weird people are cool. I'm cool! lol. Like I care...

Back