• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are We NeRDS?

kyo

Dragon master
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    yeap, only my best friend know that i like pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2006
    Yes!! And it`s evil too.

Only Me and my friends like it , so i have to keep it secret.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    This would go in Pok?mon General. And a fad/video game/whatever can't have a sexual orientation. Keep that in mind.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    no..i mean yeah some people think its weird but not gay pretty much all of my friends like it and their not nerds...

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    noit me everyone nos i like pokemon they make fun of me but they dont bully me i just tell em theyre football geeks an stuff like that :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    lol..I like football and play it am I a football geek ? XP j/k

GOD.

life is great
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2005
    well im 22 years old so people when i say i like pokemon people usually suspect that i work for the company or something, but they really don't care. i am not a nerd, im shizel, liking pokemon don't make you a nerd 0_o its strange though, the younger you are to like a thing for kids is gay but if your older its ok, i always would have guessed it would be the other way round, and cause im black it makes it seem fine cause once you go black you never go back and it seems shizel XD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Please do not call Pokemon gay, even if it does have sexual preferences to other video games of the same gender. XD

As for me, I just don't tell anybody I like it. No one asks, since it's not even mentioned. If someone asks, I'll tell them, and if they laugh I just shrug it off. It's no big deal to me really.

winnie

Long Live Guitars
    Years
    nerd?...no way!
    people at my school don't exactly know i like pokemon, 'cause well no-one talks about it and no-one asks. But if they do find out, they just say "you still like pokemon!?" and assume that your still a baby but i just backfire at them that loads of adults play it as well kids or teens and that almost half our school liked pokemon when it came out, to them it just got boring. But course i don't think so. (in mags they say it's actually good for you as you learn how to strategise)

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Well I don't like the anime or cards or anything like that, just the games. A few of the my close mates know that I'm making a Pokemon game and are always asking how it's going, even though they don't like Pokemon. None of the girls know though, kinda ruins the image they have of me and would ruin my reputation at College.

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    DarkCharizard said:
    At my school Pokemon is gay of course im not
    Thats why I have to keep my love for pokemon a secret

Do you experience this too? :paranoid:

Dude, I'm in High School. Admitting that I like Pokemon is like asking for them to make my life a living heck for the rest of my life.

So, in other words, yes, I experience this as well.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Dude, I'm in High School. Admitting that I like Pokemon is like asking for them to make my life a living heck for the rest of my life.

So, in other words, yes, I experience this as well.
    I was in my first year of High School when Pokemon first became big over here. And everyone were collecting the cards. Having the game was like having special privelages back then. It's just that Pokemon has lost its novelty and all that are interested now are real fans.

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    the way i see it your as nerdy or as cool as you want to be, i openly liked Pokemon during high school, i know i wasnt a geek and i expressed that and people didnt seem to have a problem with it you gotta be like "Yeah so i like pokemon whats it to ya"

emeraldslay

Obsessed with Mew/writing
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    Yes, you are nerds. But I am not. Lol, j/k. What is a 'nerd' anyway? Somebody who doesn't live up to the social standards that idiots and misfits set?

Last edited:

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    I don't exactly advertise my attachment to Pokemon but I don't hide it either. I've actually held some descent conversations with other people involving pokemon. And I've come to learn that those people who try to make fun of you for liking it are just immature. whenever I end up dealing with people who think it's gay or I'm too old for it, Which happens often enough, I just let it roll off my back and either give them a good arguement as to why they are so wrong, or jsut continue about my business and don't let them bother me. This is probably the only instance that ignoring bullies to make them stop actually works. if you truly like something without shame, then they can't hurt you with it. Another little thing I've learned. Those kids at school who have spoken with me long enoguh know I like Pokemon, and those who know me well enough know I don't really care what others think on that matter. That's just the way I am.

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Sure Im a Type-2-Nerd. But its not because I like Pok?mon... Meh...
    Every single person I know knows I like Pok?mon, and may Ho-Oh be with them.

What is a 'nerd' anyway?

Type 1 Nerd, aka CDF: "Hi! I study 5 hours per day!"
    Type 2 Nerd, aka Bullied: "I stay at home playing RPG's, because outside everyone will bug me because I like Pok?mon...)
    Type 3 Nerd, aka Nerday: "Im not a Nerd!"

Back