• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ARE YOU ASHAMED OR EMBARASSED?

Blue Sapphire

Fire-type Lover
    Years
    I'm not embarassed about people knowing I like Pokemon. They don't actually tease me or anything. Well, everybody has their own interests, right?

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
    No, not at all. Its just another game - it doesn't run my life.

I've had people shout immature comments - adults too, sadly. Even if I was just playing the gameboy with a completely unrelated game grown men would pass by and blurt "lol pokemon, what a geek". Just proves their idiocy.

Its not a defining factor of who I am, so I have nothing to be ashamed of.

wow so grown men just randomly pass you by and say that cr@p. can you say "no life* to them. dont they have a life to get to or do they also feel ashamed about themselves that they play somethin childish to. again, i am a red belt and can kick anyone who annoys the heck out of me with the teasin ass. but then again most people at my school either are my friends who dont really care wat i have in my obessessions or are my best friends who love to play it with me. (but i also have other intrests including soccer, and basketball. and to all those who think band is nerdy. i did it just to see wat it really was, and its a crap load. cause i just got back from band camp and i worked my ass off there litterally. 42 pages of drill+fundementals+10,000,000 pushups (ok a little exadreration there :P)+a 40 pound drumset to carry=XD.) so seriously everyone has there obsessions and i could care less about the people who are to insecure in there own selves to make fun of others obsessions.
    edit yeah your right its just something i like to do.)

Last edited:
    Years
    wow so grown men just randomly pass you by and say that cr@p. can you say "no life* to them. dont they have a life to get to or do they also feel ashamed about themselves that they play somethin childish to. again, i am a red belt and can kick anyone who annoys the heck out of me with the teasin ass. but then again most people at my school either are my friends who dont really care wat i have in my obessessions or are my best friends who love to play it with me. (but i also have other intrests including soccer, and basketball. and to all those who think band is nerdy. i did it just to see wat it really was, and its a crap load. cause i just got back from band camp and i worked my ass off there litterally. 42 pages of drill+fundementals+10,000,000 pushups (ok a little exadreration there :P)+a 40 pound drumset to carry=XD.) so seriously everyone has there obsessions and i could care less about the people who are to insecure in there own selves to make fun of others obsessions.

I wouldn't go as far to say its an obsession, unless it ltterally runs your life. I personally play the games about 2-3 hours a week, that's 2-3 hours that I enjoy, but I'm not obsessed and I'm pretty sure you aren't either (you have a life besides pokemon). ;)

Thats nice that your friends are supportive of what you enjoy. Pokemon isn't popular over here, and from the impressions people get (ash 'n' pikachu) I don't blame them for thinking its of very poor quality.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    No because out of my best friends one likes it, the other two are living on mars and don't know what it is, one is too kind to point out its for kids and the last one says everything he dosn't have sucks so nobody cares what he says.

Years
    Seriously. I couldn't care less that people know. I don't shout it out, but never deny it. Rather than getting defensive, it's much better to stick it in their faces and say "so what?".

Unless you are obsessed to the point where it is a problem, I can't see anything wrong with it. I, for one, am not socially retarded and see know reason against an uncommon hobby. Most people see that and will cease to care, eventually.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    ^your right, anyway we should stand up & support the things we believe.Right?

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    I'm not really either.
    I just don't tell most people, because they won't care either way. :S

I play for fun, and it's a love-hate relationship, really.
    (2/15)

Chelzbell

magical girl undercover
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 13, 2010
    It's a little embarassing, but then I think everyone has some interest/hobby that they'd considered dorky. Even knowing that I still feel like it wouldn't be something I would mention to someone I've just met. I only talk about Pokemon with friends I've met online that enjoy it aside from this forum.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2010
    I am a little embaressed from my father as he always makes fun of me for watching pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2008
    Well, if the anime never had existed I wouldn't be embarassed. But of course it had to go and ruin Pokemon's reputation... There's some people in my school that don't even know there are Pokemon games, they just see it as that "Babyish 7 year old's cartoon".

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Everyone at school knows I like Pokemon. None of them are bothered. My sister and her friends are the only people that try to annoy me about it. But it never bothers me. I have never been bothered by what other people think.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2008
    You guys are all lucky. In England you can't even mention Pokemon without some dick making fun of you. And then he goes and tells the whole school. -.-

Wilow-Wisp

Ò__Ô
    Years
    Same here. I would never dare to talk about Pokemon at my school, unless you wanted to be deemed the loser of all losers...

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2008
    Same here. I would never dare to talk about Pokemon at my school, unless you wanted to be deemed the loser of all losers...
    I cant even talk about Nintendo in my school. All the gamers are either PS3 faggots or Xbox fanboys.

Years
    Well, if the anime never had existed I wouldn't be embarassed. But of course it had to go and ruin Pokemon's reputation... There's some people in my school that don't even know there are Pokemon games, they just see it as that "Babyish 7 year old's cartoon".

Tsk... theres more to PM than the anime ne? There's PokeSpe for that matter...

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I cant even talk about Nintendo in my school. All the gamers are either PS3 faggots or Xbox fanboys.

I live in England and I get no issues. I think it differs depending on age.

I am lucky that most people love nintendo where I live.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    In England you can't even mention Pokemon without some dick making fun of you. And then he goes and tells the whole school. -.-
    Ha, so true. It's not like I really wanna talk about it in there anyway. At school, it's all about One Tree Hill, Desperate Housewives and Friends for me and my friends... and...typical gossip. =]

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019

I'm in that same situation too.

If only they would replace the craptastic show they have now and make a new one based on the manga. Stupid Ash...

evilmagikarp94

Don't mess with Magikarp!
    Years
    The Pokémon fad died in 2000, but I continued to like it well after into the time of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. My best friend and I played it frequently and talked about it during recess but then just before Fire Red/Leaf Green, another friend mocked us, and my best friend stopped playing. I continued to secretly like it and got Fire Red. I then stopped until Diamond and Pearl came out. My little brother went to get Diamond and then he asked if I would get Pearl so that he could trade with me. I got it and I secretly love it. If anyone in school found out that I like Pokémon I would be mocked out of my brains. Many people say that they brought their DS into school and met other people who like it. That would never happen in my school. I'm not in the "in" crowd, but I'm not in the "unpopular" crowd. I'm kind of the guy who no one knows and I intend to keep it that way. The only people who know that I like Pokémon are people on the Internet and my little brother.

Back