• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are you downloading or buying HG/SS?

Download or buy it?

• I'm going to buy it!

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • I'm going to download it!

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters

BartCiao

It has always been Pokemon :)
    Years
    Hello everyone!

Well, the title is quite clear: are you downloading or buying HG/SS? And why?

I don't know, but the Pokéwalker may be a profit to buy it... But I think I will download it on my R4 Card.

BartCiao

Takoto

Illustrator
    Years
    I'm buying it. I buy every single Pokémon game and complete them before getting a ROM of them x3

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    I'm buying it (already pre ordered Heart Gold), i'm also going to download the Soul Silver rom for trading (once i have the real game), Soul Silver will mainly be a storage device for when i want to start a new game

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    I don't have eny of those "devices", I might try a rom whenever I come across one, but I'll be bying soulsilver as soon as they're released here.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I tend to buy a solid copy of my games, and that includes Pokemon. I might download a copy for the hell of it at some point though.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I did download it, but I didn't bother playing. I can't understand japanese even a little.
    I guess I'll wait for the US release.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    I downloaded the Japanese release, got the special English patches (that only cover about 10% of game text), but I've already pre-ordered HG and SS, so buying for me. :D

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I played around with the Japanese version ROM with translated text, though I've already pre-ordered it, and can't wait to play. :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Buying it. A Soundless Laptop isn't the best place to download anything with sound, and why only play the experience at a laptop. :| I would like to lay in my bed the Saturday after I get it and just play it all day~

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    I'm gonna buy it. If you download it idk what to tell you... It's better to HOLD AND PLAY the game in real life. Not on the computer. -_-

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    While I am constantly amazed at the sheer number and quality of different ROMs out there to play, when it comes to games on the current systems, I buy. All the time. I plan on spending the rest of my life in the Gaming industry, so screwing companies out of money just doesn't seem smart when I hope to get a paycheck from them someday. (It's one thing to play a ROM of an out-of-print game, and another thing entirely to download a ROM of a brand new release. In my opinion, anyway.)

I have my copy of HeartGold preordered and waiting for me. After I've purchased it, I plan on taking it everywhere with me. Heh. The Pokewalker isn't something that can be reproduced in ROM format anyway, so that's even more reason to shell out the money for it. Besides, it's not like Nintendo/Game Freak is trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. They're not charging you more for the new device. Be a decent human being and a good Pokemon fan and support the people who have made this game a reality.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    I'm putting it on my n5 (take that r4) cart for ds. plus I've already played crystal, so no point in bothering to read through the text again.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I'm putting it on my n5 (take that r4) cart for ds. plus I've already played crystal, so no point in bothering to read through the text again.

Just because HeartGold/SoulSilver are remakes of the original Gold/Silver/Crystal doesn't mean they're the same games. Everything I've read have stated that there are a number of text changes and an entire host of gameplay changes.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm not downloading it. I won't have a fuctionable laptop 'til June so it's pretty likely that I'll have bought it by then.

Back