• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are you downloading or buying HG/SS?

Download or buy it?

• I'm going to buy it!

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • I'm going to download it!

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters

PBW

Years
    Buying it. I love the original Silver, and I need an excuse to finally upgrade to a newer system than my trusty Gameboy Color. (Yeah, as I said in my intro thread, I've been out of the loop for a long time.)

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Downloaded the Japanese version but will buy the US version I always buy English language Pokemon games and never pirate them.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    I downloaded SS, but the emulator was soooo slow that I barely played it.
    I'm buying the game. Maybe not at once when it comes out in March, but still.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Like most, I'm purchasing the game.

I can't say I've ever downloaded any of the ROMs for the game, or any other game for that matter. I much rather play through it with my hand-held DSi and carry it with me where ever I go, than play through the experience on my laptop. Plus, the actual game copy has more to offer than the ROM to say (PokéWalker, Wi-Fi, capability to trade, battle, etc., and the advantage of taking part in held events).

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    It's been eight hours since I reported this thread and with the staff taking no action against it leaves me surprised so I'm going to reply just because I can.

I've had the Japanese Pokemon ROM of SoulSilver since it came out and played until the Red Gyarados then quit. I actually did the same when the Japanese Platinum ROM was leaked early too.

When the English version of HeartGold comes out on 25th March I'm sure I'll buy it because the main Pokemon games are the only Pokemon game I actually buy.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    I'll be buying it once I have the money. I downloaded it, but only picked my starter and realized I didn't want to spoil the game.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2013
    Like most, I'm purchasing the game.

I can't say I've ever downloaded any of the ROMs for the game, or any other game for that matter. I much rather play through it with my hand-held DSi and carry it with me where ever I go, than play through the experience on my laptop. Plus, the actual game copy has more to offer than the ROM to say (PokéWalker, Wi-Fi, capability to trade, battle, etc., and the advantage of taking part in held events).
    You can have Wi-Fi battle and trade as well if you have a flashcard for the DS.
    But im going to buy it for the Pokewalker and figures.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    It's been eight hours since I reported this thread and with the staff taking no action against it leaves me surprised so I'm going to reply just because I can.
    Some of use were sleeping when this thread was made, you know. And not always on 24/7 as a result (especially on public holidays =P).

But I don't really see much wrong with this thread, especially if there's emulation with its HG/SS emulation help thread which is more piracy related than this. =/ Besides, as long as nobody runs around throwing download links at each other or encouraging piracy (just saying 'yeah, I'm downloading'), then it's fine by me.

Oh, and I'm buying SS. (Maybe even HG for my sister!) IDK if I'll import or just buy here though, seeing it's pretty close, the US and Australia release dates. I tend to go buy the Pokemon games, and hey, Pokewalker is basically reason enough. ;P
    You can have Wi-Fi battle and trade as well if you have a flashcard for the DS.
    I don't believe you can communicate with stuff like PBR and Ranch on the flip side, however - but yes.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Toats mcgoats buying it, i already have it pre-ordered it would be a waste to not buy it. =P
    Gotta support Nintendo so they keep making these games.

VCaliber

The Cutest (=
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2010
    Agreed.
    Legal is much better. Besides, I want 100% English...^^

Years
    I have downloaded the Heart Gold Japanese version on my R4 and been playing it since September 12th, but i'm buying the US Version on March to play it fully and actually understand what I'm reading.

Back