• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you happy with your current position in life right now?

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
  • Since I left high school, I've been pretty unhappy with the way my life has been going. I didn't try hard enough at school and I know I had the potential, but the way I went I didn't even qualify for direct entry to University. When I enrolled in a year long course this year that would have enabled me to go to uni next year, I bottled it and flunked out halfway through the first semester. I was working as a cleaner up until yesterday, and abusing alcohol pretty regularly, so to be honest I wasn't happy at all with where I was at in my life.

Now I've got an apprenticeship laying metal roofs with my brother-in-law, I'm going to Canberra for work next year and I'm becoming more and more of an active, contributing member of PC, all of which has turned my life around completely. I drink very sparingly (weekends only, and sometimes I don't even drink then), I've actually been able to use the money I had saved up for things of value instead of alcohol, cigarettes and I'm ashamed to admit, drugs, and I just feel 100% better about everything that is going on.

Are you guys happy with your current position in life right now? Did you think you'd be doing something completely different (better, or worse) than what you're currently doing?

Sirfetch’d

I'm content with how/where I am as of now. There are things about my life that I wish were different, but most are out of my control and couldn't be changed anyways. I have realized that I'm much happier by just accepting how things are instead of thinking about how I could have done things differently.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I don't think I'm very satisfied with my current position in life. It's stressful, and I'm very worried about the future. I fear about being unable to get into a local university (doubt I'll have the money to study in another country). I'm slowly losing my drive.

However, I'm still young... So I don't think I should be that dissatisfied with my current position. No one exactly knows what the future will be. It could be an even choppier life.

Years
  • Well, yes and no, to answer your question.

I mean, I made it to university and I'm studying what I want to be studying, something I didn't think I wind up doing. That said, I know I have a lot more potential to be doing a lot better, but given my severe case of lack-of-motivation in regards to a lot of things, I can see this spiraling downwards really quickly.

So some parts of where I am right now, I am okay with. But that's very short-term; I am aware that if I keep being as not-dedicated to various aspects of what I need to be doing, it's just going to come around and smack me in the face in a few years time in the form of a really huge university debt that kind of went to waste.

Which is kind of a prompt for motivation.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Er... It's kind of hard for me to answer this.

I mean, I have managed to enter my University of choice, at one of the hardest faculties to enter no less, without needing to take the entrance exams. All I had to show was my high school report, and honestly, I didn't do much during high school.

So even if I managed to enter this university (also note: it's where I've dreamed to enroll to since I was a kid), it feels... like a huge void to me upon starting college. Sure I was really happy to have entered, but I barely did anything to enter. I don't have that much motivation inside me.

I'd honestly prefer to enter through taking the entrance exams. It'll probably motivate me more in college.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I am happy and content with my life, despite all the hardships life has taken me through. I have loving family, friends that I can have laughs with, a place to call home, food on the table everyday, university course of my choice. What's not to be thankful for? Always looking forward to more and better things to come.

Years
  • I would definitely have to say that i'm happy with where I am today. While I live in college away from my family, they're not far behind at all so I have them if I ever need anything. And my classes are going alright, not to mention there are some exciting events that will be occurring here in the coming months. So I can't say i'm not satisfied.

Years
  • i am content with life. i have a full time career. my own place. just plan the next 5 years to be completely debt free then go and enjoy my life ill be 26ish and free to explore the world. then around my 30s i want to go for my teaching degree. everyone says im wasting my time for not going now but i have no reason to settle down right now. i make enough money that i dont have to worry about my situation. my job has me completely busy and i always make sure to have me time so i dont over work myself. do i wish life was different? yes. this was not the life i saw for myself at all. but thats just not how things work out eh. so im making the most of my current situation and only have plans to make life before for me.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • My position is so-so at best
    I wish things were more eventful (in a good way)
    I also wish I had more of a defined career path
    But, I'm in my early-to-mid 20s, so maybe this was inevitable >_>

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    It's okay. I'm going to school and working so it's not very glamorous or exciting. I'm excited to actually get the job I'm going to school for. Once that happens I feel like I will finally feel satisfied to some extent. I'm kind of torn about wanting someone romantically, but I don't want to deal with the stress of just dealing with a relationship especially when I have such limited time to spend between everyone right now. idk I am very confused about what I want when it comes to that aspect.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I'd like to think I've always been on track or ahead a little. And in the last two years or so, especially, a lot has changed for me in terms of school and work and such. While there are things that get me down at times, I look back proudly for the most part on what I've done and where I am.

There are things I'd change or do differently if I could, but for the most part I think I've got things pretty good

Years
  • I'm pretty happy with my position. I have a full time job in my profession, am married and I have a mortgage on a house I love. I just wish I had a better memory. I'm constantly having to relearn things I forget. At the moment I've decided to relearn math so I can critique degradation models. Too bad I've forgotten all the way back to year 12... at least it's always faster to relearn.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • yeah. the only things I'm not happy with are those that are out of my control, so I'd say I'm pretty content with where I'm at right now.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2015
    I'm pretty happy with how things are going right now. It's not that they're really going any better than they were in the past, it's just that I have a better attitude about it. I still have trouble staying on top of things and taking care of myself, but I also have been getting more stuff done than in the past. I'm on the right track at the very least.

Years
  • I'm not all that satisfied. I mean, I'm not where I want to be skill-wise, as I could be a better artist/writer/pianist if I tried hard enough. That, and I'm less than sub-par with grades right now, which is understandable in Algebra II (I'm really not a Math person) but ridiculous for those other seven classes I should be getting As and Bs in. There are things I wish I'd have done two-three years ago that I didn't and put me in my current grade-challenged position. And I wish I would've done a sport or something school-wide last year.

bradenm

Wheelie say find friends today
    Years
  • I was in your position last year too. With the heavy drinking and other undesirable things... Tho I managed to redo my year twelve and get good enough grades to do most things in uni (had to leave half way through year twelve in 2011 because I had no where to live). I moved from Newcastle, NSW up to Brisbane, met a girl and I'm renting my own house which is pretty good but I feel like I've hit a wall. Not sure wether I want to do uni or just work fulltime... I really want to start a metalcore/deathcore band or something similar even tho it probably wouldnt go far but I havent even tried to get anything off the ground.

So I guess.... Things are good but I'm not sure what to do next with my life.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I've passed HS and im on my last year of College now. I must say that im happy with my life. I worked pretty hard to get to this spot. If I didn't work hard, i'd be in a very unhappy position. Since this country has "Limitations" on what women can do. I've traveled. I currently have my dream job as an Engineer. I was kind of forced to go to college for my last year (which I didn't need to do) but my father was just worried about the Limitations Women have in Japan. My life was much worse back in the day. I was pretty much a loner. I've come far and made friends. Im very happy with this life.

Back