• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are you having problems catching Beldum?

Years
  • Why are they so hard to catch?

I've tried everything.. hypnosis, low hp, dusk balls, ultra balls.. and they still pop out of the pokeball!

Apparently the catch rate for them is 0.4%.. same catch rate as the legendaries!

What the f***?

Anyone else having problems catching this little critter?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Never found one...but yeah, its' entire family's got a catch rate of 3 (0.4%) so it's going to be near impossible...in fact, due to it only knowing Take Down, then running out of PP and using Struggle, I'd say it's easier to catch legendaries than to capture Beldum

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I've never ran into a Beldum, or caught one for that matter, so I've had no problems with them lol but from what Amore said, I can't believe their so hard to catch.

Years
  • If you have a D.S or D.S lite i recommend buying and beating emerald if you really want one, but yeah it's near impossible to catch, and it's not really worth it considering it isn't too far up in the stats area, and since your laying DPP go pick up a lucario instead, it is a great steel pokemon and it's free.

Years
  • Never even knew you could catch Beldum in Platinum, or about Swam until I read this topic...

I am so going to try and catch one just because I think it looks cool =3

Years
  • Well I've actually caught 3 of them last night after throwing countless Ultra and Dusk Balls at them - I was trying to get a specific nature of them but I decided to give up since it was just getting too time consuming.

Never found one...but yeah, its' entire family's got a catch rate of 3 (0.4%) so it's going to be near impossible...in fact, due to it only knowing Take Down, then running out of PP and using Struggle, I'd say it's easier to catch legendaries than to capture Beldum

Well first of all the legendaries are easier to find since they're already there unless they're the roaming ones but they still appear on the marking map app on poketch.

Beldum on the other hand will only appear in the game when there is a swarm for it. Once you have gone to the right area for the swarm the chances of them appearing will be high but catching them is a different story.. I found this out after catching countless of other swarm Pokemon within 2 or 3 Ultra or Dusk balls but after failing to catch one of them after 20 Ultra Balls I got somewhat suspicious..

If you have a D.S or D.S lite i recommend buying and beating emerald if you really want one, but yeah it's near impossible to catch, and it's not really worth it considering it isn't too far up in the stats area, and since your laying DPP go pick up a lucario instead, it is a great steel pokemon and it's free.

Wow I just realised that you can only get 1 Beldum in R/S/E

Never even knew you could catch Beldum in Platinum, or about Swam until I read this topic...

I am so going to try and catch one just because I think it looks cool =3

First you'd have to wait till it's swarm time and then second of them you have to catch it.

Good luck

Are you having problems catching Beldum?

Last edited:

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • Not really, I caught it within 3 Ultra Balls, lol. :X

If you have R/S/E, you can breed the Beldum Steven gave, and import it to Platinum.
    Or you can search for one in the Trade Corner if you have Wi-Fi.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • 0.4% Catch? Are you kidding me?
    That's just stupid. What's so amazing about them, anyways? When I used mine in Emerald, It wasn't that great from what I can remember.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    That's just stupid. What's so amazing about them, anyways? When I used mine in Emerald, It wasn't that great from what I can remember.
    It's the pre-evolved form of Metagross (who is one of the best Pokemon to use in battle).

Anyway, I just trade in multiple Master Balls from a previous game, then use one of them to catch Beldum.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • It's the pre-evolved form of Metagross (who is one of the best Pokemon to use in battle).

Well, I knew that. But can anyone tell me why Metagross is so amazing? I looked over his stats, and although they were good, a Lucario could possibly replace him. Why is he one of the best to use in battle? His movepool?

Years
  • First you'd have to wait till it's swarm time and then second of them you have to catch it.

Good luck

Are you having problems catching Beldum?

Yeah, I pretty much figured out the whole procedure the minute I had read this topic and searched online about this "Swarm" and how it works.

And thanks for the luck, I'll definitely need it.

Years

Yes 0.4% catch.

That's in line with Ho-oh, Lugia, all of the trios in HG/SS and D/P/Pt etc

Pretty amazing isn't it for a swarm Pokemon?

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    Beldum is as hard to catch as most legendaries (Ho-0h, Lugia, Moltres, Entei, etc.)

I think its semi-reasonable because its final evolution is quite the *****.

But for something that's not a legendary... and is an annoying kid to catch... I don't think a 3 catch rate is reasonable.

Just toss balls at it and hope you get lucky.
    Or just import that one from R/S/E.

I remember catching a Beldum. I swear, it took 500 balls.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I had too look it up when I first got the Beldum Swarm (reset for it ) I wasted 99 Ultras on ONE!! Reset and treed again failed again but the 3rd time was the charm caught one on my 5th or 6th ball I can't remember I know it was under 10

Years
  • I had too look it up when I first got the Beldum Swarm (reset for it ) I wasted 99 Ultras on ONE!! Reset and treed again failed again but the 3rd time was the charm caught one on my 5th or 6th ball I can't remember I know it was under 10

Wow

Then I must've been very lucky then to have caught 3 last night..

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I think I just used a Master Ball. And I can tell you, trying to chain for a shiny Beldum is a pain and a half. Because of the sandstorm on its route, you can't see which patch of grass is shaking half the time. I just gave up on the chain and captured a regular one.

And Metagross is indeed the epitome of awesome.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    in HG/SS if your willing you can give a Foretress for one

Back