• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you looking forward to Christmas?

Years
    Tearazzzzzzz said:

However I dread Christmas day. It'll be the first Christmas without my mother and grandparents, and my (step)dad will be joining his family out of state, so I'll be alone for that day. It shouldn't be that bad though, I'll just sleep in and hang out at home until my room mate gets back from her parents house that night. Maybe I'll even cook myself a little Christmas dinner XD;

I can perfectly understand that. Last Christmas wasn't so good because my brother passed away that year, and he used to visit us in the holidays and we'd have a great time watching TV, hanging out or playing videogames in the mornings. :/

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    No. I just want this christmas to pass away quickly. This christmas is going to be the worst one for me.

jane18

O n e A n d O n l y!!
    Years
    awww christmas i cant wait cause im going to melbourne for two weeks :D the bad thing is ill be missing home but yerr its guna be my first time leaving W.A and getting on a plane :S

But christmas is the best i love it!!

xxxx

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
    I can perfectly understand that. Last Christmas wasn't so good because my brother passed away that year, and he used to visit us in the holidays and we'd have a great time watching TV, hanging out or playing videogames in the mornings. :/

I understand, it's really hard to try to do things the same when someone's missing. Especially when it's something as big and celebrated as Christmas and there are reminders everywhere. Fortunately, people become very warm during the holidays so it's a little easier to find comfort sometimes :)

By the way, I senze a hint in that quote, yez? XD

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    I love the atmosphere of Christmas, all the lights and happy people, and holiday pay :DD Once people get over their initial holiday stress they become really giving and friendly so I love working with them even more.

I love the holiday pay too:D and the atmosphere:D

Hell yeah, I am. Christmas is my favorite holiday ever!!! :DDD;; I love christmas more than life itself...IT'S SO TRUE. <3 XD

OMG I so agree

We had a strange string of deaths in the family recently.

Nifty, I'll probably be on PC on Christmas XD

That's sad to hear, hope you'll feel better by Christmas:D

I remember the Christmas the year my dad past away, it was the worst/best Christmas of my life,,,,

It sucked because the Christams before I had ended up in a hospital on Christmas eve,
    so my last Christmas with him was ruined, and the Christmas after he died sucked because he wasn't there,

But those were one of the best Christmas "In a materialistic way", I got so many presents, and from reletives I didn't even know.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    We had a strange string of deaths in the family recently.

Nifty, I'll probably be on PC on Christmas XD

Aw, that's really sad.

Well hey. My family has to work on Christmas day (my dad is a police officer and my mom runs the kitchen for the old folks home) so I'll be completely free the 25th. We'll celebrate it PC style :D

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    Aw, that's really sad.

Well hey. My family has to work on Christmas day (my dad is a police officer and my mom runs the kitchen for the old folks home) so I'll be completely free the 25th. We'll celebrate it PC style :D

Lol I might even drop by:D

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I love the atmosphere of Christmas, all the lights and happy people, and holiday pay :DD Once people get over their initial holiday stress they become really giving and friendly so I love working with them even more.

However I dread Christmas day. It'll be the first Christmas without my mother and grandparents, and my (step)dad will be joining his family out of state, so I'll be alone for that day. It shouldn't be that bad though, I'll just sleep in and hang out at home until my room mate gets back from her parents house that night. Maybe I'll even cook myself a little Christmas dinner XD;

I'm in the same boat as you with this. I lost my mother last April and this will be the first Christmas I am spending without her (as I stated in a previous reply that got no reply). I'm really dreading the day as it continues to approach rapidly. That and Thanksgiving are going to very strange without her. I'm glad, however, that last Christmas, we finally did it the way she always wanted to and opened presents after we ate breakfast and got everything settled. Usually my brothers woke up at 4:00 (naturally) and rushed to see what presents we got (along with waking me up). I'm starting to wonder what it will be like this time.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    I'm in the same boat as you with this. I lost my mother last April and this will be the first Christmas I am spending without her (as I stated in a previous reply that got no reply). I'm really dreading the day as it continues to approach rapidly. That and Thanksgiving are going to very strange without her. I'm glad, however, that last Christmas, we finally did it the way she always wanted to and opened presents after we ate breakfast and got everything settled. Usually my brothers woke up at 4:00 (naturally) and rushed to see what presents we got (along with waking me up). I'm starting to wonder what it will be like this time.
    Aww, you just take it easy and have a wonderful morning with your family, I would suggest you all plan to wake up together to make it be like last Christmas.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    No, I'm not.

Parents are spending WAYY too much money on presents this year, even with the economy the way it is and there is a chance they will lose their jobs. And then we'll be screwed. Yet, they don't care. Seeing the gifts given away so carelessly is going to piss me off. 8(

I also don't like getting presents. I do not like people wasting time and money on me.

Also, when the family is all together, all they really focus on is the little kids who are so greedy. 8( My cousins got a pool table and much much more last year and still complained about how they "didn't get enough."

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years

;; sorry to hear it. At least you'll have some fond memories from last year. It's definitely going to be hard, but I think honoring her way of doing things will help.
    You can always join our merry band of lonely people on PC on Christmas Day, as well X3

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I guess I'm looking forward to Christmas, although this year we have to go down to my aunt and uncles house in New Jersey....Which is guaranteed to suck. As for the actual holiday, I love it! Seriously, who doesn't like giving and getting gifts? =P

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Christmas has never been exciting for me, because my birthday is on the 10th of December a lot of my family would either screw me over by buying me one present(that was no more expensive than the presents they got anyone else in my family) that they class as a Birthday and Christmas presant, or buy one good presant for my birthday and one boring presant for Christmas saying they allready spent a lot of money on me and that it's not fair on other members of my family.

Dragonair_Blizzard

Random person in the universe
    Years
    I'm not because I never get a present for Christmas and it is very hot here in Australia and I will be busy helping my parents work.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I'm actually starting to get pretty bummed out. Both my parents are working on the 25th so we'll have to do it a different day. It just won't feel the same :(

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    I don't know what to give or what I want to get for Christmas, but I'm looking forward to it in more ways than one. It's going to be my largest Christmas ever, but as usual, I'm probably going to spend the day with my family or something. I love the atmosphere of that time of the day and for some reason this year my heart is bubbling with anticipation. =)

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    I'm actually starting to get pretty bummed out. Both my parents are working on the 25th so we'll have to do it a different day. It just won't feel the same :(

So why don't you wake up early and spend the morning with them;)

Yes, I asked for a rocket ship with a free monkey.

Fingers crossed. x]

Yes that sounds about wright, *Sarcasm*I heard there was a discount sale for monkeys in rocket ships. *Sarcasm*

I too would want a money for a present.;)

I'm not because I never get a present for Christmas and it is very hot here in Australia and I will be busy helping my parents work.
    Any reason for not getting any presents?

Back