• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arrange the 22 Starters (Sun & Moon Starters included) in order of most favourite to least favourite!

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
    1. Charmander
    2. Totodile
    3. Squirtle
    4. Mudkip
    5. Treecko
    6. Bulbasaur
    7. Cyndaquil
    8. Torchic
    9. Froakie
    10. Fennekin
    11. Chikorita
    12. Rowlet
    13. Litten
    14. Oshawott
    15. Snivy
    16. Chimchar
    17. Tepig
    18. Pikachu
    19. Turtwig
    20. Chespin
    21. Piplup
    22. Popplio

That's my ranking so far, not knowing the evos of the gen 7 starters.

Yeah I really don't like gen 4.

GenuinelyAuthentic

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/icon/213.pn
    Years
    1 . Tepig
    2 . Froakie
    3 . Snivy
    4 . Oshawott
    5 . Torchic
    6 . Chimchar
    7 . Fennekin
    8 . Litten (It could be higher on the list, it really depends on the evolutions.)
    9 . Piplup
    10 . Cyndaquil
    11 . Rowlet
    12 . Chikorita
    13 . Pikachu
    14 . Chespin
    15 . Charmander
    16 . Squirtle
    17 . Turtwig
    18 . Bulbasaur
    19 . Mudkip
    20 . Totodile
    21 . Treecko
    22 . Popplio

Oh, my beloved Emboar.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Are we counting their evolutions is this? My list would be pretty different if I ignore their evolutions.

Years
    Are we counting their evolutions is this? My list would be pretty different if I ignore their evolutions.

We can't count evolutions for the 7th Gen starters (Rowlet, Litten, Popplio) yet because their evolutions haven't even been revealed at this stage.

I am reeling for Popplio who is being placed last on most of these lists (it's like they're trying to prove it is the most hated starter in existence) so that one's the one I have the highest evolution hopes for.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    We can't count evolutions for the 7th Gen starters (Rowlet, Litten, Popplio) yet because their evolutions haven't even been revealed at this stage.

I am reeling for Popplio who is being placed last on most of these lists (it's like they're trying to prove it is the most hated starter in existence) so that one's the one I have the highest evolution hopes for.

I know I'm just wondering if we're ignoring their evolutions or if we're comparing Charizard with Litten.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    I know I'm just wondering if we're ignoring their evolutions or if we're comparing Charizard with Litten.
    I don't think the OP mentions anything about taking evolutions into account.
    Like Hikamaru said, Evolutions are not taken into account, you're only comparing the Starters with each other.

Pika Pika :chu:

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Here's my new list, almost same as my old one. Sun & Moon Starters are still a bit down on the list coz they still have to grow on me. I want to see how they look in the Games, their rankings might improve then.

1. Oshawott & Chimchar (both still top my list)
    2. Fennekin
    3. Chikorita
    4. Pikachu
    5. Charmander
    6. Snivy
    7. Squirtle
    8. Torchic
    9. Bulbasaur
    10. Cyndaquil
    11. Totodile
    12. Popplio
    13. Turtwig
    14. Litten
    15. Piplup
    16. Treecko
    17. Rowlet
    18. Tepig
    19. Mudkip
    20. Chespin

Yes, no Froakie in the list. After the disappointing news that Greninja topped popularity charts, I've started to hate Froakie even more :(

Apivo

smol bean
    Years
    This sounds hard since I like a lot of the starters, but here it goes:

1. Snivy (he's a smug looking snake-lizard, with an awesome theme, also Servine isn't that bad in battle.)
    2. Treeko (I just really like the line in general, plus Grovyle in PMD was a great character ;o; )
    3. Torchic (chickens are glorious miracles, and this chick is certainly not a coward!)
    4. Cyndaquil
    5. Oshawott
    6. Fennekin
    7. Totodile
    8. Charmander
    9. Bulbasaur
    10. Mudkip
    11. Turtwig
    12. Tepig
    13. Chimchar
    14. Froakie
    15. Piplup

16. Chespin (it looks a bit too goofy for me, also it's evolutions aren't that great either. :/ )
    17. Squirtle (it's really low because I never really liked Squirtle's design all that much, and Wartortle is a bit too similar to me)
    18. Chikorita (I just think Chikorita looks really weird and odd.. ;w; also again, Bayleef and Meganium look too similar to me)

I haven't included the sun / moon starters since I don't really have an opinion on them yet. ;w; Anyway, this is just my opinion and I respect those who really like Chespin, Squirtle or Chikorita, they just didn't appeal to me. |'D

Years
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 17, 2021
    Here goes. I'll be judging the starters based on the entire evolution lines.

1. Cyndaquil (I'm not completely sure why I like this thing so much, but I just do.)
    2. Litten (By far the best new starter to come out for a long time. For the first time since 3rd gen I won't feel burdened keeping my starter on my team.)
    3. Treecko (Not much I can say about this one, except that it's awesome and it's whole evolution line is also awesome.)
    4. Torchic
    5. Bulbasaur
    6. Totodile
    7. Mudkip
    8. Squirtle
    9. Oshawott
    10. Charmander
    11. Rowlett
    12. Chespin
    13. Snivy
    14. Chimchar
    15. Fennekin
    16. Froakie
    17. Chikorita
    18. Tepig
    19. Popplio (All I can hope is that its evolutions redeem it.)
    20. Turtwig (I guess Torterra is sort of okay, but just... wow... Turtwig and Grotle are awful.)
    21. Piplup (Sinnoh was by far the weakest region. Piplup is proof. Its portrayal in the anime certainly didn't help either.)

Last edited:
    Years
    1. Chimchar
    2. Froakie
    3. Litten
    4. Snivy
    5. Oshawott
    6. Fennekin
    7. Charmander
    8. Totodile
    9. Cyndaquil
    10. Squirtle
    11. Treecko
    12. Turtwig
    13. Tepig
    14. Poppolio
    15. Pikachu
    16. Bulbasaur
    17. Mudkip
    18. Piplup
    19. Torchic
    20. Chikorita
    21. Rowlet
    22. Chespin (the design just wasn't that interesting to me.

Years
    So far?

1. Cyndaquil - I've already discussed this guy, but they're generally speaking quite down-cast and suit the black-out atmosphere of the early games well.
    2. Bulbasaur - A decent start. The series was just beginning, so take everything in sight out.
    3. Charmander - Charmeleon is great.
    4. Pikachu - A decent starter, which made for an interesting game. Had some disadvantages, but got over them.
    Chikorita - Has the potential for some rather interesting runs in G/S/C, quite calm a design in some ways.
    Litten - So far a rather top cat.
    7. Totodile

8. Treecko - Makes for an interesting start of sorts, although from this point on the start of games took far too long.
    9. Mudkip
    10. Chespin
    11. Turtwig
    12. Snivy
    13. Squirtle
    14. Oshawott
    15. Torchic
    - Could have at least been a bird type. Too much of a departure from earlier designs, and in a negative direction.
    16. Chimchar
    17. Piplup
    18. Fennekin
    19. Tepig
    20. Froakie
    21. Popplio
    22. Rowlet

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    The whole evolution line matters a lot to me when it comes to the starters, especially their final form, so I arranged mine according to how I feel about them, for all 3 stages as well as their Mega Evolution.

01 - Mudkip; SO U HERD I LIEKZ MUDKIPZ. I absolutely cannot go without Swampert for my journey through Hoenn.

02 - Totodile; I like Totodile because of Ash's, so jolly! The evolution line, even Croconaw looks good.

03 - Bulbasaur; My most favourite Kanto's starter, and I had went through so much silly trouble back in Cerulean City because I didn't know how to make Pikachu likes me to obtain it. The joy was there when the lady finally gave Bulbasaur to me. With my newly downloaded Pokemon Yellow, Bulbasaur was also the only Kanto starter whom stayed with me till the end.

04 - Charmander; Mega Charizards X and Y are epic. I like Charmander because of the anime. Charmeleon is also one of the best middle-evolution for all the starters.

05 - Oshawott; Oh come on, it fights with a scallop's shell and attach it on it's belly! Samurott's beards are also so cool.

06 - Popplio; My most favourite starter for Aloha since I saw the footage. So cute! I would love to see how it'll turn out in the end, but I really love it's clowning around character. Would love to pair it up with Samurott. Also, I am so glad generation 7 is out, I can finally shove Squirtle out of my imaginary Water type Gym Leader position (Whom uses all Water starters) hahah.

07 - Froakie; Greninja is bae. Also love the fluff-cloud-like mane on Froakie.

08 - Turtwig; My most favourite starter in Sinnoh. It's so adorable and Torterra looks the best to me out of the 3 final evolution of the Sinnoh's starters.

09 - Rowlet; Owl as a starter! I think it has a lot of potential for it's final evolution.

10 - Litten; Those eyes though, I hope the evolution will do it justice. And it's a feline. Aww.

11 - Snivy; Actually I liked Snivy first when they leaked the starters for Unova, but ended up loving Oshawott more. Still, love Snivy for it's sass.

12 - Piplup; Empoleon is cool, but I don't really like how Piplup acted in the anime. Still, the final typing of Water and Steel is pretty good. Empoleon's face looks good too, those crown-like faces. I love crowns.

13 - Treecko; I can't say I have any good feelings for Treecko and it's evolution line sadly. Mega Sceptile looks weirdly positioned too, I hope it doesn't sprain it's neck.

14 - Cyndaquil; I dislike it's back when the fire isn't on. Would've been lower down the list if not for it's evolution.

15 - Chikorita; I like Meganium and that's pretty much it. Oh, and the dots lined on Chikorita's neck.

16 - Fennekin; I actually like Fennekin most until it's evolution was leaked. If only it stays on all 4s, I would have loved it most, and pair it up with my most favourite Ninetales.

17 - Torchic; Kentucky Fried Chicken.

18 - Pikachu; Overrated yellow mouse.

19 - Squirtle; I can't stand Squirtle. The only part of it I like is Wartortle because of it's pretty tail.

20 - Chespin; Meh.

21 - Chimchar; MEHHH. My dislike for monkeys come into play here.

22 - Tepig; MEHHHHHH. Roasted Pork.

With this, I am certain that most of the starters I love are the Water type, following up are the Grass starters then the Fire type starters.

Last edited:
    Back