• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Art Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Great, since I already have a sprite thread, can I post it there. Or should I make a new one?

Well, I don't suggest posting it HERE. If you mean make an art gallery here, in the Art Gallery board, why not? It kinda depends what kind of are you're posting. (Banners/photos/graphic art go to the Graphic art boards, Sprite/pixel art is .. uh .. Pixel art board, and drawings/digital drawings go to the Art Gallery board.)​

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Let me do my little say, 'kay? :3 Since you're asking on oppions on the eyes, I'll do that right away:
    V1: Not the best, imo. =/ His eyes aren't balanced. The lines that connec the similar points in both eyes are not parallel. The right (for the picture) eye is to high.

V2:Same as ^, the right eye is still too big compared to the left eye, even regarding the angle you drew it in.

V3 and V4... Sorry to say, but can you hint me on the difference? =/

About the rest of your drawing:
    I don't know the Shuro Chara anime, so all I keep thinking about is Meowth. XD
    I like the way you shade, it's really smooth. I am learning to gradient shade, but it's not working too well. XD It's still a little cell-shaded.
    Maybe, if it's not too much work, you could try to move his mouth more towards the left side? Somehow his face seems a little unbalanced. =/ I don't know for shure though.

Oh, and just a little question... :-/ Why don't you try giving your transformed anime-self 4 fingers? :O I've noticed the shape of the fingers in this picture is really well done. :O

The difference between V3 and V4 is the coloring of the inside of the cat ears and the shading in the mouth.
    V1, V2, and V3 had brown as the inside color of the ears and didn't have very good shading in the mouth.

Yeah, If you didn't know about the Maneki Neko, the thing that Meowth was created from, it would be easy to associate other things based on it to Meowth.

Thanks, I'm glad you like the shading. However, I wish I could cell shade...

I'll try to shift over the mouth sometime while I'm home this weekend. I'm using my laptop here, but I have the full-size Maneki pic on my computer at home.

Why don't I try giving him 4 fingers, or did you mean 5? I know in the Nekoban Ryo pic he appears to have 4 fingers, but he has 5. You just can't see the pinky fingers. I'm glad you like the fingers.

Thanks for commenting!

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • The difference between V3 and V4 is the coloring of the inside of the cat ears and the shading in the mouth.
    V1, V2, and V3 had brown as the inside color of the ears and didn't have very good shading in the mouth.

Ah, now I see it. Thanks for telling. You said look to the eyes, so I ignored the rest. XD

Thanks, I'm glad you like the shading. However, I wish I could cell shade...

A good thing to learn cell-shading is redrawing animepictures, most likely anime screenshots or anime-art related stuff. Manga-related drawings (like artwork for covers/posters made by the manga-ka) usually have little cell-shading in them. They mostly use some kind of gradient colour (markers, aquarel or other paint), so it's sometimes hard to draw the line between shade, light and highlight.
    IMO, screenshots work best.

I'll try to shift over the mouth sometime while I'm home this weekend. I'm using my laptop here, but I have the full-size Maneki pic on my computer at home.
    Ok. I'll look forward to it.

Why don't I try giving him 4 fingers, or did you mean 5? I know in the Nekoban Ryo pic he appears to have 4 fingers, but he has 5. You just can't see the pinky fingers. I'm glad you like the fingers.
    Well, 4 large fingers and a thumb. |D
    Ah, I see. It was confusing me a little. 'Cause when a human grabs something, like stick or a sword, he usually uses all of his fingers. It gives more grip and will alow to put greater force behind the "whack". And it gives less opportunities to break ones' fingers. :B

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I assume I post here for this, correct me as appropriate...

I'm looking for, like, those nice looking graphic fonts, but ones that are cyrillic; which is, to give you a row of my keyboard, like this: ЯШЕРТЫУИОП.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • I suppose you could find it on google. :o Just type 'download cyrillic font" in the searchbar... You'll find one I think. =/

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    The best I can ever find is latin fonts with a cyrillic aesthetic. D:
    Грач... I'll give up. =.=

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • D=
    Ah well, maybe one day you accidentally stumble on the perfect site. ^^

Ah, well, I need some criticism on this picture. For the starry background (the mountains are bad, I know) and the night colour scheme.
    I'm not familiar with working with night (or any other colour scheme besides bright day light for that matter) colour schemes, but I'd love to use 'em more. =/
    Spoiler:

Character is by me, his name is Akira. You can find out more about him somewhere in my deviantArt. XD

p.hant0m

Studier of ancient legends.
    Years
  • Because you're not allowed to post Discussion Threads in the main Art Gallery, this thread will take the place of those individual threads.

Please ask any questions or say any art related comments in this thread.

A hint as to what belongs here; If there is no art in the thread you're posting in the Art Gallery, that means that it should probably stay in this thread.

This is the old Art Discussion Thread, if you want to reference anything that was said in the old thread.

There's a server named after this person on Platform Racing 2! :O
    Anyway, how's my signature?

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but, can we make a drawing request shop here? Just like a graphics shop:>

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Edit, doesn't matter. I eventually figured it out.

Feel free to delete this post.

Last edited:

LegendaryPokeBreeder

Did you get the pecan sandies?
    Years
  • Not a drawer :( .. but ...

... I can come up with some cool ideas sometimes xD. I wish I could draw. To me its like some kind of super power :P
    Anyway I would love it if someone was to draw a picture of a rock band consisting of pokemon :D
    I know there was that anime episode on that boat buuuut ... wouldnt it better if you had some kind of really charismatic Jigglypuff or Loudred on vocals, with some long hair like Ozzy Osbourne xD
    And I thought that the best pokemon to go on the drums would be Machamp :D Four arms and strong :D
    Sneasel on bass. He could produce a blistering bass solo as he's so quick. And the strings are thicker than that on a guitar so he less likely to snap them with his claws xD
    I couldnt think of anyone on rythym or lead guitar any ideas? :D

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • Pleas tell me how this sprite is, I know I should start a thread for this, but I only have one, as of now, soo you might see it later, just give me your ideas...
    Art Discussion Thread

(Name)Sincer
    (Type)Psychic
    (Species)Angelic Pokemon

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • It's a little bit flat, if you ask me. The lines are great, but could use some work. You could delete some pixels so the line becomes more smooth.
    I also suggest you use 3 shades for colouring: Highlight, normal and shade. Most spriting is done that way.
    But as for other stuff, it's quite nice. I like the concept of the Pokémon ^^

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • It's actually quite easy to do that. But, you need Imagesready for that (or any other program that can animate?).

If you have imagesready, open the .GIF file. It will open and every frame will be shown as a separate layer. Now ad a new layer, or use the text tool to add whatever you want.
    When you feel pleased with the text, make sure you have the first frame of the animation selected (in the animation window) and put the text/newlayer wherever you want it. It will then most likely automatically change in all layers. :3 If not, alter it in all layers.
    Click "save optimised as" and save it as a .GIF.

Oh gawd, I'm so bad at explaining. |D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back