• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Art Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I guess we can discuss wtf moments here? It is a discussion thread and I'm sure it happens a lot among graphic artists.

Anyways, a few moments ago I was perfecting the lineart for a Tropius drawing and in less than a second I watched boxes pop up and GIMP shut itself down, and I was just about to save and hadn't saved it earlier. Life sucks.. This happened earlier to me too I was making a dewgong drawing and I had just finished and saved and I try to open it up to show to people and the file had deleted itself. (It is still saved however if I click on it it says that no picture is in the file.)

So has anyone else had moments like this?

Also, could someone rate the Chingling in my signature? I drew it earlier today.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I cant get GIMP to run on my computer, you lucky ... You ... Person

I have a WTF every-time I save something as the wrong type of file ... The colours get all smeared, and everything looks like crap. This happens surprisingly frequently

Years
  • I guess we can discuss wtf moments here? It is a discussion thread and I'm sure it happens a lot among graphic artists.

Anyways, a few moments ago I was perfecting the lineart for a Tropius drawing and in less than a second I watched boxes pop up and GIMP shut itself down, and I was just about to save and hadn't saved it earlier. Life sucks.. This happened earlier to me too I was making a dewgong drawing and I had just finished and saved and I try to open it up to show to people and the file had deleted itself. (It is still saved however if I click on it it says that no picture is in the file.)

So has anyone else had moments like this?

Also, could someone rate the Chingling in my signature? I drew it earlier today.
    I only have bad memories of GIMP shutting down every time I made a banner. I can't draw with GIMP with my tablet. If I try, it freezes. =x I don't mind, since, I don't like Gimp for drawing anyway. xD

Hmm, the drawing is cute.
    The outlines are kinda think and looks am little messy. =[ I like the shading could use more of a curve shape, since Chingling is round. ^..^;; I give it a 7.5/10.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I only have bad memories of GIMP shutting down every time I made a banner. I can't draw with GIMP with my tablet. If I try, it freezes. =x I don't mind, since, I don't like Gimp for drawing anyway. xD

Hmm, the drawing is cute.
    The outlines are kinda think and looks am little messy. =[ I like the shading could use more of a curve shape, since Chingling is round. ^..^;; I give it a 7.5/10.

Thanks for the critique! I do agree about everything actually. I wanted to use thicker lines than most Pokemon art, just to see how it went and I do think that I should go back and make them smoother. Also, I'm not too good with shading and I love when people give me tips and such, so next time I open it up, I'll see if I can edit it.

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Anyone has an Idea to attract activities to the main Art Gallery Forum?

It's pretty much dead...

Years
  • Anyone has an Idea to attract activities to the main Art Gallery Forum?

It's pretty much dead...
    I have an idea.
    PC's Art Pokedex Project idea
    Well, I've seen a Pokedex project before, but it was used for Graphics. I think, if we make a Pokedex project for the Art gallery, it could bring activity to the section. I mean, I'm pretty sure people are bored of posting galleries. Plus, if you're having an artist block lately, this project can keep you occupied. The Pokedex has over 400 Pokemon, I think it's be cool to see many pokemon drawn in many different styles here. I think it'd be fun. =] How it'd be set up? Well, I'm thinking about artists making pictures, one by one Pokemon, or draw a picture of the Pokemon (and if it has stages) and it's evolutions stages or forms.

It's a big project that could use lots of artists to join! 8D What do you guys think about my idea?​

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I have an idea.
    Well, I've seen a Pokedex project before, but it was used for Graphics. I think, if we make a Pokedex project for the Art gallery, it could bring activity to the section. I mean, I'm pretty sure people are bored of posting galleries. Plus, if you're having an artist block lately, this project can keep you occupied. The Pokedex has over 400 Pokemon, I think it's be cool to see many pokemon drawn in many different styles here. I think it'd be fun. =] How it'd be set up? Well, I'm thinking about artists making pictures, one by one Pokemon, or draw a picture of the Pokemon (and if it has stages) and it's evolutions stages or forms.

It's a big project that could use lots of artists to join! 8D What do you guys think about my idea?

It'd be fun to do this :D We could open up maybe three threads a week for three different evolutionary lines (like the first week would be threads for Bulbasaur line, Charmander line, and Squirtle line) and whoever wanted to could post any or all of the Pokemon in that line, and there could be a winner for each Pokemon that will be posted in a stickeyed thread.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024

I have an idea.

It's a big project that could use lots of artists to join! 8D What do you guys think about my idea?​

I'm averse to this mainly because of the ridiculous problems we've had in the past with collaborations like this.
    If you'll notice, there is a rule against these without explicit permission, so unless someone who's gonna be sure to run this thing without any hitch that'll get people complaining and whining like they all used to whenever we did pokedexes, I think this would be a grand idea.

But unless someone knows what they're doing, this idea could be risky, imo. :/

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Yeah, I think that's great. But really? Permission? How and to who must we ask? Art Gallery don't hav a mod now. D:

Trent_Jayir

Who the hell do you think i am
    Years
  • This is a cool idea!
    If you need any help keeping things in check I'd be glad to be at your service, Anstastia.

Years
  • This is a cool idea!
    If you need any help keeping things in check I'd be glad to be at your service, Anstastia.

Thanks! That's be awesome! ='D
    And the idea will be up soon! I got my PM awhile saying that I had enough rules, and that it was fine to post without asking. xDD;

So, be ready! =]

Years
  • Alrighty, the Pokdex project WILL start next week. Why? I gotta go to Florida for a bit, sorry guys. ^..^; I have the rules set up, and the lists of Pokemon. I hope you understand, and can wait for another week. I would post it now, but then, editing would take a long time, people might have questions, ect ect. ^..^;​

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
  • Hey everyone. I heard that dA made a new program similar to Photoshop to develop graphics. Their announcement is on their site (not sure if I'm allowed to post it but for now I won't).

What do you guys think about it? Has anybody tried it yet?

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Haha count me in on that Pokedex project miss Anastasia.R.

Ok guys I'm like seriously blocked right now and we all now how much artistic block sucks ><. I wanna do a group picture using my main characters of my manga as usual but I'm fresh out of ideas for a good group picture. So here I am asking my creative brethren and sisters for any good ideas for this picture. I greatly appreciate it :3

Years
  • @Eternal Nightmare - 8D Yay! Glad to see you wanna join in the fun. ^..^

Tune in Friday and this weekend! - I'll be posting the Pokdex project. Hehe, it's gonna take that time span, since I forgot to pack. XD Plus, I have to babysit. -3-; But, yes, expect it this weekend. The earliest time WOULD be Friday, but I probably won't be done and ready to post that soon. xDD;

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    What do you guys think about an art contest?

Of course, that question is really vague and doesn't take into account that we have to talk about loads of things like traditional medias vs. digital medias, experienced artists vs. less experienced, etc, but just throwing that out there, since Competitions has always been dominated by Graphics & Photography, and it's been a long standing issue to inject some of the other art sections in there. .-.

We finally got pixels, but what about the actual art gallery?

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    An art competition sounds fun maybe because I'm competitive xD. I'm not confident in my skills enough to say I will place though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back