• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Art Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Any idea what sort of background it could be? I'm wanting it to appear less like a floating head as possible. Maybe a background that fuses with the head? Or perhaps I should draw the body first.

I think you should draw the body first, just in case. ;]

Anyone gonna to answer the topic?

~A.R

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Just made them today.

What do you guys think of my avatar/siggy?

Papa_Squat

Roleplay Guru
    Years
  • Since tablets were being discussed earlier, I figured that this was the right place to ask this question.

For those of you who are into traditional art, do you find a tablet to be similar? I love drawing and sketching and stuff so I was considering buying a tablet so that I could just draw straight onto the computer, but I'm concerned about whether it will be the same. Do you guys who have tablets use them a lot? Is it as easy as using a pencil?

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
  • I need URGENT help. See my locked topic "Ideas..." My school has a poster making competition and my drawing is really good. And all of the kids forced me too, to participate in it. Then I heard about the prize, That's 6000 RS. or you can say 100$.

So, I accepted. The topic is global warming. There is another one too, I've to draw them both.
    So I want really GREAT ideas what should my picture look like.

You can draw it roughly, so that I can redraw it............... If you want to. If you can draw the neat one, it would be HUGELY APPRECIATED.
    thanks.

☆Patched☆

Is a Death Note and Bleach Fan
    Years
  • I need URGENT help. See my locked topic "Ideas..." My school has a poster making competition and my drawing is really good. And all of the kids forced me too, to participate in it. Then I heard about the prize, That's 6000 RS. or you can say 100$.

So, I accepted. The topic is global warming. There is another one too, I've to draw them both.
    So I want really GREAT ideas what should my picture look like.

You can draw it roughly, so that I can redraw it............... If you want to. If you can draw the neat one, it would be HUGELY APPRECIATED.
    thanks.

What you could do is like a soda can, with a picture of the earth on it, drifting on waves, and maybe draw seagulls overhead.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Oooh I have a question about forum headers.
    What is the average size or a popular size for a regular forum header?

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I need artistic opinions!

Okay, so I created my own guardian character (inspired by the Shugo Chara anime), though it still needs work.
    I was wanting to know which of these pics looks best (pay attention to the right eye):

v1
    Art Discussion Thread
    v2
    Art Discussion Thread
    v3
    Art Discussion Thread
    v4
    Art Discussion Thread

EDIT: Added v4.

Last edited:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    ... I'm going to upload a picture, and I was wondering should I put it in Imageshack, or leave a link to Deviant t, or what

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    But I should post a link? Is there a way just to just post it?

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • I need artistic opinions!

Okay, so I created my own guardian character (inspired by the Shugo Chara anime), though it still needs work.
    I was wanting to know which of these pics looks best (pay attention to the right eye):

v1
    Art Discussion Thread
    v2
    Art Discussion Thread
    v3
    Art Discussion Thread
    v4
    Art Discussion Thread

EDIT: Added v4.

Let me do my little say, 'kay? :3 Since you're asking on oppions on the eyes, I'll do that right away:
    V1: Not the best, imo. =/ His eyes aren't balanced. The lines that connec the similar points in both eyes are not parallel. The right (for the picture) eye is to high.

V2:Same as ^, the right eye is still too big compared to the left eye, even regarding the angle you drew it in.

V3 and V4... Sorry to say, but can you hint me on the difference? =/

About the rest of your drawing:
    I don't know the Shuro Chara anime, so all I keep thinking about is Meowth. XD
    I like the way you shade, it's really smooth. I am learning to gradient shade, but it's not working too well. XD It's still a little cell-shaded.
    Maybe, if it's not too much work, you could try to move his mouth more towards the left side? Somehow his face seems a little unbalanced. =/ I don't know for shure though.

Oh, and just a little question... :-/ Why don't you try giving your transformed anime-self 4 fingers? :O I've noticed the shape of the fingers in this picture is really well done. :O

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018

All you do is copy the URL or the page (of your art and such) and the paste it in a post.​

Great, since I already have a sprite thread, can I post it there. Or should I make a new one?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back