• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

artificial RED | Complete 721 Pok?mon rombase | Update 12/08/16 | Version 1.1

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    Have you possibly considered getting into contact with SphericalIce (hacker behind Gaia) and asking how they went about getting Mega Evolution working? Or is Mega Evolution still not on the table due to availability of space?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Have you possibly considered getting into contact with SphericalIce (hacker behind Gaia) and asking how they went about getting Mega Evolution working? Or is Mega Evolution still not on the table due to availability of space?
    Megas have been available since last year, stickied in the Research/Development section. Even if they are not in this base (and I'm guessing they will be), it is already set up in a way that's very easy to insert.

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
  • That's right. Right now I'm working on mega data, and honestly I haven't looked at implememting the routines yet.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    I don't Want to speak for Epsilon here but he may not do the mega evolution code to save him time

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
  • [Update 27/02/16]

All sprites, icon sprites, stats and cries are in for mega evolutions and primal reversions as of today! As far as I know, this is the first hack to do this. Please keep in mind: normally mega's and primals will of course not be available in your box. I am inserting the mega routines soon. Also, the names are placeholders, it makes it easier for me to work with them. Finally, some icons and sprites are placeholders and will be updated to 'official' ones from MrDs' thread once they're available, since they're the best. At the end of the video you can see the dex shows the non-mega-primal versions, as well as new sprites, cries and dex entries for regular Pokémon.

Enjoy this video of it!

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
  • [Update 28/02/16]

What's up guys.

So, I have been thinking about forms / formes. With Sun and Moon confirmed, it's really (as I predicted) only a matter of time before I will start inserting Gen VII Pokémon. It's also likely that a lot of new Mega's will appear. For this reason, I think it would be wise to keep as much slots free as possible. After all, a Gen VII mega would be much more awesome than a male Jellicent, wouldn't it? Here's a quick overview of my thought process. Could you please help me by giving your opinion about as much stuff as possible? Thanks!

Spoiler:

goranthegreat

What's up guys.

So, I have been thinking about forms / formes. With Sun and Moon confirmed, it's really (as I predicted) only a matter of time before I will start inserting Gen VII Pokémon. It's also likely that a lot of new Mega's will appear. For this reason, I think it would be wise to keep as much slots free as possible. After all, a Gen VII mega would be much more awesome than a male Jellicent, wouldn't it? Here's a quick overview of my thought process. Could you please help me by giving your opinion about as much stuff as possible? Thanks!

Spoiler:

I think you should just include a minimal amount. Its way more space for gene vii. Keep up the amazing work!

Years
  • Just as an opinion, I'm leaving some Pokémon and changing and deleting a lot others.
    I won't have Megas, but I will have forms/formes.
    I could use your base the way it is right now, with me inserting everything I want, without Megas in the game yet. Not sure if I'll be able to turn it off, once it's implemented.
    What forms/formes to insert and what not - insert first the ones that take stats and type changes. The others, leave'em for last.

NeoSpeedFreak

A piece of meat
    Years
  • [Update 28/02/16]

What's up guys.

Spoiler:

I'd say that the Resolute Form of Keldeo is enough because you'll always want to use his signature move (+ it's just a cosmetic change like you said before and it's like its true form) and just use one variation of Basculin (e.g. use red stripe for normal and the shiny blue stripe palette for the shiny).
    And you shouldn't give priority to the Genesect formes since it's a minimal change (small cosmetic change and it changes TB's type, but not Gnenesect's), just making Techno Blast work properly with the Drives should suffice for now.

BLAx501!

Pokemon Flux
    Years
  • I can see Epsilon's point, but you have to consider that a decent spritesheet for ALL of those "theoretically" upcoming new Pokemon won't be available at least until early 2017. I'm not sure if that is worth the wait...

NeoSpeedFreak

A piece of meat
    Years
  • I can see Epsilon's point, but you have to consider that a decent spritesheet for ALL of those "theoretically" upcoming new Pokemon won't be available at least until early 2017. I'm not sure if that is worth the wait...

He could release a ''6th Gen Beta'' and then work on all of the Gen 7 stuff.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • [Update 28/02/16]

What's up guys.

Spoiler:

Since this is a 721 project, I think it would be fair to focus with the species up to Gen. 6 for the mean time...

You have a point that we don't even know how many slots will the new species will consume, might be around 120 (including MEs and other forms), plus the obvious lack of sprites for few years... That aside from the fact that the games are just recently announced... Maybe once enough resources for the Gen. 7 species will be available, we can plan for a Gen. 7 "expansion pack" or a spin-off resource based from this resource...

And who knows if someday, someone will successfully remove the bug of expansion north of 1020 slots... Plus the 25 slots between Celebi and Treecko can be utilized too (maybe for forms)...

Anyway, if you insist on saving spaces, you should drop the maybes and Zygarde, except Arceus (it's forms are important), and then drop the change of sprites for Genesect (meaning, Techno Blast will still change it's type but not the Pokémon slot)... I'm not sure but, dropping Castform and Spinda forms is possible too (purely cosmetic)? And then (another unsure) Unown? Of course, the rest (including MEs and PRs) should be retained...

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    What I recommend is do gen 6 first and then release a beta for everyone and then do gen 7 using the same base because at first this was intended for all 721 pokemon before pokemon sun and moon

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2022
    [Update 28/02/16]

What's up guys.

Spoiler:

Honestly, I think you should include Sun and Moon, But I would not include it in the main patch. (And I most definitely would not post pone the patch because of it), Besides, gen 7 was just newly announced and won't be released until the holidays. So doing it now, or waiting on it wouldn't be that great, also concerning the fact that you'd have to waits... probably a couple of months for the sprites.

So, In my opinion, You should include sun and moon, but you should release the 721 patch first, and release a new patch (But still the same base, so that way its compatible) whenever sun and moon are released.

Anywho, I know you are doing a good job, If you don't mind me asking, what's next? or what's left to do in the patch? You've done all the Pokemon, My best guess is probably items?

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
  • Honestly, I think you should include Sun and Moon, But I would not include it in the main patch. (And I most definitely would not post pone the patch because of it), Besides, gen 7 was just newly announced and won't be released until the holidays. So doing it now, or waiting on it wouldn't be that great, also concerning the fact that you'd have to waits... probably a couple of months for the sprites.

So, In my opinion, You should include sun and moon, but you should release the 721 patch first, and release a new patch (But still the same base, so that way its compatible) whenever sun and moon are released.

Anywho, I know you are doing a good job, If you don't mind me asking, what's next? or what's left to do in the patch? You've done all the Pokemon, My best guess is probably items?

Forms, formes, pokedex scales, evolutions, moves (should take an hour, but waiting until I filled all slots), other random data, and I've got a list of bugs I need to look at.

Thanks for your input guys! The thing is, if I fill slots now that I'll have to use for Gen VII, in hacks that are going to be based on this, their male Jellicent is suddenly going to become a Gen VII Pokémon, so yeah.

I'll probably settle with the minimal implementation, but keep your arguments coming! :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2022
    Forms, formes, pokedex scales, evolutions, moves (should take an hour, but waiting until I filled all slots), other random data, and I've got a list of bugs I need to look at.

Thanks for your input guys! The thing is, if I fill slots now that I'll have to use for Gen VII, in hacks that are going to be based on this, their male Jellicent is suddenly going to become a Gen VII Pokémon, so yeah.

I'll probably settle with the minimal implementation, but keep your arguments coming! :)

That sounds great! Man you truly are one amazing guy, But I think that adding in the formes/forms, and pokedex scaling probably won't take you that long (Without any form of a break, or something popping up in real life situations) Anyway, i'm glad you've come so far with this. take as much time as you need.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Forms, formes, pokedex scales, evolutions, moves (should take an hour, but waiting until I filled all slots), other random data, and I've got a list of bugs I need to look at.

That's why thinking about Gen. 7 slots as early as now (we only know the game names and Magearna) would be somewhat risky for a base initially intended for base up to Gen. 6... After all, the projected remaining slots (should you not include the female forms, Shellos, Gastrodon, Keldeo and Genesect) would probably be sufficient... Based on the way newer species with forms are introduced, they are getting more and more becoming mostly cosmetic-only forms...

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2017
    [Update 28/02/16]

What's up guys.

Spoiler:

I honestly would still like all the forms/formes to be present, since they do have an aesthetic impact. And Arceus formes should definetly be there. I mean, he's the Pokémon God after all lol

But to be fair, I do think Spinda and Burmy/Wormadam are fine with only one form, I mean people rarely use those two. But others such as Shellos, Meowstic, Pyroar and others I would still like to see.

Back