• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

As my starter in the next gen, I choose...

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
  • Magikarp! Hopefully there will be a PC near the beginning of the game so I can transfer the Lv. 5 Shiny Magikarp I farmed in OR. Obviously it needs to be able to attack so it'll know Bounce, taught by Move Tutor, but will otherwise be untouched. Anyone else planning on moving their own "starter" over or is everyone content with the new ones?

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    These starters are the best we've had since gen 3. I'm still debating between the fire or the water

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
    Years
  • I feel Magikarp is relevant to the setting of Sun and Moon and if this is truly the last gen, I want to make it as intesting an experience as possible. Magikarp's evolution is acceptable as a competitive pokemon if trained appropriately and there are rumors of new training techniques to develop competetive pokemon this gen. I do like the new starters, but storywise im gonna make this one as ridiculous and personal as possible. Should be fun.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I might just transfer over a starter that I haven't really used before if I play the games enough times, but for now I think I'm just going to use a new one. Even if the leaks are real, I still kinda like Popplio's and Rowlet's evolutions, so that's at least two playthroughs.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I don't understand how anyone can dislike these starters, every one of them are amazing

Years
  • I'm content with the Alola starters, since I like their concepts and the alchemy theme present in their designs (Rowlet = Salt, Litten = Sulfur and Popplio = Mercury). I can understand not everyone may like the actual starters and want to use a different Pokemon instead.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I'm really excited to play around with the Alola starters. I can play with all of the other pokemon from past gens with my 6th gen game, so I would much rather see what 7th gen has to offer and that includes the starting pokemon as well.

My 7th gen choice:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2018
    I'm sending over Rosalina, a shiny Ralts I bred awhile back, to be my new "Pikachu" as my starter along with either Rowlet or Popplio.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    I'll be sending one of my Heracross over, but as a rotation member. There's too many new pokemon that i want to try first, but he will definitely see some action.

Rowlet will be my actual partner though.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • I'm just going to pick Litten. I sometimes do playthroughs where I send over a bunch of eggs for a specific team I want (often one with a certain theme) but never on my first playthrough.

Who knows, maybe we won't be able to transfer them right away. I mean, you could only transfer pokemon from previous games post-league in the majority of the older games. Save for gen 6 but Bank got delayed so much it was basically the same.

demifiend700

Creator of Pokemon Nova
    Years
  • I'm probably choosing Rowlet, not just because of the supposed "leak" of its final evolution. It's just so adorable!

Years
  • If I were to transfer a starter, it would have to be a Ralts. Most likely one named Ritsuko and she would be a defensive psychic/fairy~
    Of course that only works if megas will still be a thing.

Back