• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

At their baby days...

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    At their baby days...
    At their baby days...
    At their baby days...

Baby Pokémon
    are the lowest stage of Pokemon evolution. The concept was introduced in Generation II, along with breeding which is typically the only way to obtain them.

How do you feel about the baby pokemon? Do you like them? Were they nessesary, or not?
    Do you have an especially favourite / least favourite baby pokemon? Are there any baby pokemon you feel that "aren't" baby pokemon at all?

To give you a list of baby pokemon:

Pichu
    Cleffa
    Igglypuff
    Togepi
    Tyrouge
    Smoochum
    Elekid
    Magby
    Wynaut
    Budew
    Azurill
    Chingling
    Bonsly
    Mime Jr.
    Happiny
    Munchlax
    Riolu
    Mantyke

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Man I hate baby Pokemon. They're rather useless and kind of ugly. Really all the're around to do is be "cute" (which I don't find them to be) and learn egg moves. And make completing the PokeDex that much more painful.

But I don't really think Togepi is a baby Pokemon, simply for the reason that it was introduced in the same generation as its next evolution. I guess Riolu too, then.
    And Wynaut for some reason never seemed like a baby Pokemon to me.

But I totally dislike Happiny- man is it ugly- and Igglybuff- it's a demon, look at its eyes. And it's ugly.

Cleffa I don't mind.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Aww... but I always thought Igglybuff was cute.....

I like Baby Pokemon in general. Pichu is adorable, as is a lot of them. Plus they give their evolutions the chance to obtain moves that might be obtainable otherwise. (Lucario is unable to learn Screech unless it is retained from it's initial form, Riolu.) The same goes with Charm and Sweet Kiss, in Pikachu's case. And did I not mention that they're cute? :3

Yurusumaji

The Collector
    Years
    My favorite is Pichu and I happen to really like baby Pokémon. Yeah, I guess they are "just cute" but it's a kid's game. The baby Pokémon appeal to the crowd of young girls.

They can also obtain egg moves and learn moves their middle evolutions can't learn, which can make the end result that much stronger if you choose to train your baby Pokémon.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    ...but I and my friends were all young girls when the Johto babies were introduced. We all hated them. :|
    I really don't see the appeal, unless for egg moves as I said before.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    When I was young and they were first introduced, sure, I thought they were cute, but I had made the connection in my head that cute means not powerful, so there was no way I was going to use any of them, lol.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    At their baby days...
    At their baby days...
    At their baby days...

Baby Pokémon
    are the lowest stage of Pokemon evolution. The concept was introduced in Generation II, along with breeding which is typically the only way to obtain them.

How do you feel about the baby pokemon? Do you like them? Were they nessesary, or not?
    Do you have an especially favourite / least favourite baby pokemon? Are there any baby pokemon you feel that "aren't" baby pokemon at all?

To give you a list of baby pokemon:

Pichu
    Cleffa
    Igglypuff
    Togepi
    Tyrouge
    Smoochum
    Elekid
    Magby
    Wynaut
    Budew
    Azurill
    Chingling
    Bonsly
    Mime Jr.
    Happiny
    Munchlax
    Riolu
    Mantyke

Hmm...I don't consider Tyrogue, Munchlax, and Mime Jr. as actual baby Pokemon. Mantyke and Bonsly are odd cases...they're baby Pokemon, but at the same time they're not, mostly due to their size and the "two-stage"ness of their evolutionary lines.

Riolu shouldn't be in the PokeDex. AT ALL. It attempted to make a "cute" Lucario and pretty much failed - Lucario was fine stand-alone.

I only like baby Pokemon due to "cuteness"...as a mechanic, they're unnecessarily. Every baby Pokemon past Generation 2 brings MORE unneeded Incenses that are only used during breeding and typically have better battle item alternatives.

I like Pichu because it somehow made Pikachu even cuter, but it's frequent appearances are getting a bit much. The Pichu Brothers were a clever, mischievous duo, and wasn't pushing anything. Subsequently, we also received Pichu in Smash Bros. (when Pikachu was ALREADY there, getting its moveset cloned), Notched-Ear Pichu, Shiny Pichu (event-associated), and Ukulele Pichu. SIX Pichu. The Pichu Bros. were enough.

Igglybuff's eyes look freaking creepy.

I like how Baby Pokemon permit for more three-stage evolutionary lines, but the fact that some moves are exclusive to them only (where not even their evolutions can obtain those certain moves) is a bit of a annoying Scrappy Mechanic.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Ew no. They're fugly. Especially all the little pink fluffball-things.

Mantyke was OK. It's kinda cute, I guess, but the rest . . . no. Just no.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Baby Pokemon are for advertising the cute aspects for Pokemon I guess. My favorite baby Pokemon are Elekid and Riolu.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Not particularly fond of any of them. I guess it makes sense from a developmental point of view to introduce the concept of breeding and have some 'baby' Pokemon to go along with it, but now that we're stuck with it, the baby critters that are coming out of this feel uninspired, too cutesy and feel like an attempt to cash in on the limited fanbase for baby Pokemon. If they were useful for something in their own right, rather than as a means to an end for egg moves or what have you, then I could tolerate them more e.g. if they learned good moves that their evolved forms couldn't, but they don't, so I don't care for them which way or the other.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I can't stand baby Pokémon. They're cute (...I guess :/), but that's all they are, really. Completely useless otherwise. You're just going to evolve them into their main forms, so why they even bothered including them as pre-evos I'll never understand. I guess they're good for marketing but there's nothing else about them that's particularly interesting or useful.

Years
    I like them. They are pretty cool. They are pretty cute little things. It is cool that some Pokemon have baby forms.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    I love baby pokemon, I loooovveeee togepi so much. I think that its a proud day when you get 2 pokemon they breed you get the baby pokemon and get it to its final stage of evolve.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Man I hate baby Pokemon. They're rather useless and kind of ugly. Really all the're around to do is be "cute" (which I don't find them to be) and learn egg moves. And make completing the PokeDex that much more painful.

But I don't really think Togepi is a baby Pokemon, simply for the reason that it was introduced in the same generation as its next evolution. I guess Riolu too, then.
    And Wynaut for some reason never seemed like a baby Pokemon to me.

But I totally dislike Happiny- man is it ugly- and Igglybuff- it's a demon, look at its eyes. And it's ugly.

Cleffa I don't mind.

:pink_disbelief:.........

Whhaaa!!

Happiny and Igglybuff are like the cutest D: And baby pokemon rock, they are so cute );

I love all the baby pokemon and my favourite is Igglybuff followed by Happiny.

Back