• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

August predictions

Foreigner55

Most definetly a chicken nugget
    Years
    When you look at it, S/M was the first game of a new generation so it was clear the news releases in the lead-up focused mainly on new Pokemon. Since we don't need to focus on that aspect anymore with US/UM, it's clear the trailers this time around will focus on other new features that weren't initially present in S/M.

Personally I'm just thankful that were getting anything this year. I have to wait until next year for the new Kirby game and even then I don't know what time of year it's coming out.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
    u r right. the datamining was the reason, but in my opinion a bigger surprise is better than a spoiler trailers. i am hoping for news, but not about all the new features. i want somehting to hope for, until the last sedcond, until i play the game. but yeah, i do feel pissed. GF didn;t even give us marshadow stuff

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    I hope we get news this month, all they need to do is release a longer trailer with the teaser we got, showing various things that they know we will spend time speculating on.

If there are "new Pokémon" like so many people believe (I don't, but I would like to be surprised), they could give us silhouettes of three of them and we can spend ages speculating on their types and what they look like (it worked well for Gen V). I don't believe that there are any new Pokémon and I feel sorry for the people that are gonna be disappointed worldwide on November 17, when we get Pokémon like Koffing and Sentret available to catch in Alola, because they hung on to a small quote saying "Featuring Pokémon that didn't appear in the original versions".

Years
    u r right. the datamining was the reason, but in my opinion a bigger surprise is better than a spoiler trailers. i am hoping for news, but not about all the new features. i want somehting to hope for, until the last sedcond, until i play the game. but yeah, i do feel pissed. GF didn;t even give us marshadow stuff

I know we did get a trailer focused on Marshadow, but that was only just to announce hit. Heck, it didn't even hint as to exactly when its event would be released at the time.

Foreigner55

Years
    I know we did get a trailer focused on Marshadow, but that was only just to announce hit. Heck, it didn't even hint as to exactly when its event would be released at the time.

Well since we're getting a new game it's likely marshadow will come out with that game. Otherwise game freak are a bunch of jerks.

pkmin3033

I'd be willing to bet Marshadow will be another event-exclusive Legendary, because the ones at the end of the Pokedex always are. There's no reason that would change. The best we can hope for, realistically, is another QR code similar to Magearna's in SM.

Years
    I would love to see Marshadow become a QR code event, since I think distributing Magearna through that method worked very well. But knowing me, it's probably going to be like any other event legendary.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Datamining is the developer's fault; I feel like they can't punish fans (a good chunk of which also don't follow leaks due to being too young, etc) for their own mistake of including all the data in the game right there. They should know by know that everything is gonna be hacked; make it unhackable (if that exists) or don't put sensitive data in there. It's silly.

Also, the person who made a video on this theory and helped spread it is Verlisify, and is he really a good source? Someone who makes videos with angry rants for
    money? Every video profits him so... I think he'd report on almost anything.

I expect something at Worlds. Nothing too indepth since I don't think they spent too much time on the Crabrawler reveal last year, but something like a new form or anything. Even if it's just more of an explanation on the Necrozma forms.

Isn't there also the suspected reveal in the toy line? I haven't read too much into it, but I think something new is gonna be revealed on August 10th. Whether it's new as in from USUM (ex. new Alola form) or new as in there isn't a figure like this (ex. Marshadow figure) we have to wait and see.

I kinda doubt Marshadow will be in USUM since they just did a SM distribution for Japan, and if they did a USUM distribution that would be 2 in a row for Japan. Not sure if that's happened before but there's no way they would leave Japan out! This paragraph is mostly joking... but kinda not..

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I think that we can't rely on merchandise for news on games. Sometimes the merchandise shows an upcoming evolution in the anime. So merchandise is not 100% guaranteed.

Years
    Day three of August and nothing. Some speculate 10th but i am doubtful.

I'd say wait a week. A new CoroCoro issue will be leaking next week anyway.

I think that we can't rely on merchandise for news on games. Sometimes the merchandise shows an upcoming evolution in the anime. So merchandise is not 100% guaranteed.

I know a lot of merchandise does relate to the anime, so I can see what you mean.

pkmin3033

I think it safe to say the merchandise we're waiting on is not related to the anime, so that's kind of a moot point in this instance.

Although that doesn't mean it'll reveal anything new either, I suppose.

Foreigner55

Years
    If I was a betting man (wich I'm not) I'd be willing to bet nintendos been working on this one for a while. It's coming out in 3 months. I don't think you can get a game done in the amount of time from when they announced it to November.

pkmin3033

The whole game? No. But a short development time of a year or so isn't out of the question, especially since it'll be based on SM so that's a lot of the work already done. So you could look at it as a game they've had in the works since they started making SM, in a way...the preliminary ideas must have been running around then, at the very least.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    The whole game? No. But a short development time of a year or so isn't out of the question, especially since it'll be based on SM so that's a lot of the work already done. So you could look at it as a game they've had in the works since they started making SM, in a way...the preliminary ideas must have been running around then, at the very least.

Black and White started production in 2006, four years before their initial release, so Sun and Moon may have started production in 2013 or before... So, they had four or more years to work on US/UM.

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    The Lycanroc mystery in the anime sure has me interested. That's happening next week, right? The way that the whole Pokemon community is talking, I wonder if we'll get a trailer dropped sometime next week. If not, then I'm thinking Worlds will have something for sure.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I think that for the anime Rockruff might become midday or midnight so i don't think that be news for next week.

Corocoro could have news. Or we can a trailer reveal before or after to display USUM news. Whatever method we get the news from, i think it be something to occupy us.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Interesting speculation go in on here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/893058259338317824

With that said, I agree with some of the posters saying we could get a USM reveal sometime before Thursday of next week. IIRC, new forms are rarely revealed in the anime before anything else, so if its true TPC would want to reveal the new Lycanroc in a trailer for USM before it's shown in the anime. The reason so many people are speculating a new Lycanroc form is because (1)dataminers found evidence of a 3rd form in SM and (2)there was something on Global Link that popped up;

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/893058942208798721

The timing of all this is too close to be a coincidence I think, with it being 3 months away from USM and Worlds happening in a couple weeks.

Back