• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

August predictions

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    Final games of a gen usually have good post game. USUM should follow that. Gen 7 deserves to end big.

I agree, if they're gonna move the Pok?mon main series to a the next console, then they should make it go out with a bang and give us an amazing post-game.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2018
    Isn't worlds this month? if so i think they gonna reveal lyncanroc dawn form and put a trailer of both dusk and dawn.

pkmin3033

I'm quite surprised we've not had an English announcement yet...perhaps Monday? I'm not sure if we even get announcements over the weekend.

Years
    I'm quite surprised we've not had an English announcement yet...perhaps Monday? I'm not sure if we even get announcements over the weekend.

I'm with you too. I bet the TPCi would wait for a new week to start first before the English trailer of Dusk Lycanroc should be revealed.

Foreigner55

Most definetly a chicken nugget
    Years
    OH my fudging God! All this for a new freaking lycanroc form (wich I will use. I was originally planning on having lycanroc in my moon party). That's all we get. Kind of annoying don't you think.

On the subject of third games: I like to think that the third game is usually the canon version as it combines the two other games into one (minus Crystal wich I don't think did that). In emerald we had both teams. Both legendaries. And a slightly new plot to connect the two. Same with platinum (minus both teams as there is only one). Platinum introduced my favorite Pokemon character: looker (who we need more insight on his backstory. They keep teasing us with more of his backstory. Especially in S/M). So third versions are awesome.

Ida13

Gone For a While
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    There might be a morning Lycanroc, and it might be announced this month. I like Lycanroc, and another form would be good.

Foreigner55

Years
    There might be a morning Lycanroc, and it might be announced this month. I like Lycanroc, and another form would be good.

Unlikely. Ash's lycanroc is likely to evolve into dusk form making a dawn firm unlikely and just plain wierd. But you never know. Game freak loves to screw with us.

Foreigner55

Years
    Well, maybe not all the time. Sometimes there are stuff we can easily expect.

Like when the aether foundation was evil. I just started laughing my @&$ off when we were right. I'm just imagining how the conversation would go.

Lusamine: I was secretly evil the whole time!

Me: no crap Sherlock.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Corocoro came and we know a bit more of Lycanroc. Still nothing else on the games. What are the odds of Lycanroc news being the only news for this month?

Years
    Corocoro came and we know a bit more of Lycanroc. Still nothing else on the games. What are the odds of Lycanroc news being the only news for this month?

I'm pretty sure it won't be the only new info, though I am still surprised Dusk Form hasn't gotten an English trailer yet. But since we only just started news coverage and the fact during most pre-release periods we tended to get a few pieces of news a month, I'm sure that we shouldn't give up on this month yet.

I'm hoping that GF will have some news on August 21st to coincide with the total eclipse over the U.S. xD

I don't think they'd put random news on a minor event like that. I'm expecting the next news to come around World Championships time.

Foreigner55

Years
    I think this game isn't going to be that big. Its the shortest wait time between Pokemon games I've ever seen. If gen 7 goes out with a bang it would be much preferable if they did gen 4 remakes (I liked what they did with gen 3 remakes personally) however: it's possible game freak has started a pattern here. No remakes (gen 5), remakes (gen 6), no remakes (gen 7), remakes (gen 8 hopefully)

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I think this game isn't going to be that big. Its the shortest wait time between Pokemon games I've ever seen. If gen 7 goes out with a bang it would be much preferable if they did gen 4 remakes (I liked what they did with gen 3 remakes personally) however: it's possible game freak has started a pattern here. No remakes (gen 5), remakes (gen 6), no remakes (gen 7), remakes (gen 8 hopefully)

I am glad we did not get sinnoh remakes. ORAS is on the 3DS so it makes no sense to have another remake on same handheld. Also i don't think the fans deserve sinnoh remake if they are gonna constantly complain about everything GF does. Getting USUM instead is the better choice that i am glad GF made.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm pretty sure it won't be the only new info, though I am still surprised Dusk Form hasn't gotten an English trailer yet. But since we only just started news coverage and the fact during most pre-release periods we tended to get a few pieces of news a month, I'm sure that we shouldn't give up on this month yet.

I don't think they'd put random news on a minor event like that. I'm expecting the next news to come around World Championships time.
    Lol, it's not a minor event, at least not here. The media here is hyping it up. There's even ads revolving around it.

But you're probably right about them not doing anything for it. Though Worlds does end on the 20th which is the day before. So we'll likely get some info around that time either way :). Worlds starts on the 18th for those wondering.
    Iirc, they usually announce something at the start.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I don't really trust or rely on Worlds. Feels a bit off having pokemon news there for me. I tend to pay attention to official trailers and sites.

Back