• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Auto pokewalker AKA pokerunner

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm in the process of building my own Pokérunner of sorts using Lego Mindstorms (man, I haven't used those things in years!), but it's not working atm. The gear ratio is too high for it to be viable (in English; it doesn't move fast enough to simulate walking). I need to work on it, and then I'll post a video showing how it works.

For the record, I'm simply too impatient to walk for 200 days to unlock everything. It seems like a chore to walk 10,000 steps per day (most of my conscious time is spent sitting doing work), so why not find a workaround? Besides, I have the technology to do this sort of thing (although I'm a little short on the time aspect) so it seems reasonable. Besides, someone has to do it.

austin00081

young money
    Years
    The thing about the Pokewalker, is that the instruction manual has a section of what NOT to do. A main thing was to not do anything other than walk with it, eg. run, bike, jog, skate, etc.
    Compared to the pikachu walker, it isnt as sensitive. It actually feels the impact from your feet touching the ground, so shaking it wont do.

Even if it does take a while to unlock all locations, the Pokewalker was designed to promote exercise in children, almost forcing kids to get out and go walk.

Years
    I keep my pokewalker on my belt all day. I usually get 6000 - 10000 steps a day depending on what errands I am running. On days that I stay home and work on homework or something I shake it on occasion so my little pokemon isn't too bored. :D

I can shake mine and rack up a bunch of steps. I guess it is just how it is shaken. I keep a stiff arm and move it at a certain speed and it seems to work. I rather to just walk around with it though. I just do this when my pokemon has the ":/" face or it is commenting on how patient it is being.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2010
    Meh, I don't really see the point of not using it how it is meant to be used.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    I strap mine to myself at work. Did that for the past week and unlocked the second to last path on Friday. All I have left is one more, but it doesn't say how many Watts to open. My guess is that it's for the Yellow Forest, but I could be wrong. Any ideas?

Years
    I tried to cheat with the ceiling fan and in the dryer (with no heat) and it isn't worth it.

It's just better to put it on when you go out or need to walk to the store or something. Gives you a satisfying feeling to know it was legit. I went to the grocery store today and got 6500 steps.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    we have a lot of wind where i live so i just stuck mine to the blinds and got 20000 steps in 12 hours. lol

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    Those of you flaming others, for trying to find a way to get the steps required for the walker faster, need to keep it to yourselves or make a new thread about it. Not everyone wants to wait two thirds of a year to unlock a course and if i remember correctly its their's not your's. They can do whatever they want with it, why should you care, it doesnt affect you. I actually applaud these attempts because at least they're trying to use their wits. Besides not everyone has the time to waste to gather the steps to unlock a course for a game they're playing.

yes, your right... but no one here is flamming... i would rather walk/jog because i'm a fat ass who needs to lose weight. but i can't right now for reasons. i agree this is well made but its all on opinion...

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Bumping this thread because I made my own Pokérunner.
    It's a small little Mindstorms robot that I made in a few hours, and it's rather efficient. 60 steps every 30 seconds.

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
    Years
    I'd tape it to my dogs collar, but he's a very energetic little bugger and I'm afraid he'll mess it up on one of his messy outdoor escapades.
    I got like 18000 steps by moving it up and down as I watched a movie in a theater. Also, the thing goes nuts in cars. It get's like 1000 steps if you have it in your pocket for a car ride.

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Made something to auto walk on the pokewalker. Search pokerunner on Youtube so it wont let me post a link...

haha im 17 years old 5'10" and 200lbs...The pokewalker Motivates me to take 3 mile walks everyday....I take my Kai.Kai (Kingdra) for a stroll through the forest near my house...that just ruins it haha

yes, your right... but no one here is flamming... i would rather walk/jog because i'm a fat ass who needs to lose weight. but i can't right now for reasons. i agree this is well made but its all on opinion...

*High-Fives* HELL YES! FAT ASSES FTW!!!!! Lets get ripped over the summer ok? and we'll use our Pokewalkers to Wo the ladies hahahahahahahahaha

Riiiiiiiiiiight haha

Last edited:
    Years
    I, like IceSage, prefer to achieve goals by honest means, rather than by cheating. You should definitely try it out; you will certainly feel a greater sense of pride and achievement upon reaching your goal.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I, like IceSage, prefer to achieve goals by honest means, rather than by cheating. You should definitely try it out; you will certainly feel a greater sense of pride and achievement upon reaching your goal.

I agree with you, but I'm 1/2 expecting someone to flame you for taking a game so seriously :s

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I don't really think I'll need to cheat. On a normal school day, lets see... I walk in between classes all day, and while in class, for some reason I shake my legs... boredom I guess. Then in the afternoon, I often run around the house like a maniac annoying my family. Then I take my dogs for a 30min walk. The there's the walking around the house (sit down, get up and get my phone, sit down, go walk over to the computer, sit down, go get my ds, sit down, go outside to the dogs, do the chores etc). And then I usually get on the exercise bike for about 30 mins... Oh and lets not forget whenever I'm in a car.

Back