• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Auto pokewalker AKA pokerunner

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
Years
  • Okay, you know its called a pokeWALKER right? not a pokefindawaytobelazyandstillgetwatts. hehe the general idea was for you to actually EARN the watts, because then you know you earned them and that you didnt cheat. its almost like your in a race and when they say GO everyone takes off running but you just stay there and then you pretend you ran around the track like the others and make first place. So why would you want to try so hard to be lazy like that, and get the watts by cheating. I'm not trying to be mean but i'm thinking that some of you aren't getting the point of the pokewalker.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • To be honest, I think there are plenty of people who are more fanatic than I am. I have never, for instance, tried to obtain a shiny Pokemon.

Yeah lol I suppose xD You just go so passionate; I could see someone throwing a pie at you ;-;

I'd be the same way :P EARN YOUR WATTS! Bunch of lazy people.

That machine that one guy made is still neat though :s

Kirkland

show me my silver lining
    Years
  • Haha the machine is funny. I usually give the pokewalker to my mom, she'll come running in about an hour later going, I CAUGHT A POKEMON! And totally embarrasing herself. I guess she doesn't really care though, ha. When she's not got it, I just clip it to my watch since I'm on the computer a lot and moving my hand to move the mouse and type so its all good. ~

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • Im usually quite active the only downside with the pokewalker is that the steps reset every time the clock turns 12 am and 12 pm so I have to try my hardest everyday to reach over 10 000 to get a chance to find a surf or fly pikachu in yellow forest

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I wasn't trying to start a flame war with bumping this thread. And for the record, I only use this machine (which apparently needs a few design mods) when I'm working (e.g. writing papers, doing other work). When I'm moving around, I do take it with me; I'm just saying its a better alternative than having no steps gained when I'm not moving.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    Your best bet is to tape it on something that vibrates. I got a little battery-powered edger and taped it to that. I get 7,500 steps every hour or so.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    Whatever you do, DON'T follow the guide video telling you to put your pokewalker in the dryer. I read the commments under the video and a bunch of people were talking about how that guy broke their pokewalkers

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • I have been just putting it in my pocket to gain watts and stuff. I tried the ceiling fan just to see if it would work but it didn't as someone posted earlier because it just goes around in circles.

I wouldn't classify using a device to level up your Pokemon cheating. I would classify it as using your resources! I think it would be cool to make my own device to do this, not because I'm lazy, because I think it would be fun to make it!

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    I wouldn't classify using a device to level up your Pokemon cheating. I would classify it as using your resources! I think it would be cool to make my own device to do this, not because I'm lazy, because I think it would be fun to make it!
    It's not cheating, it's playing it smart =P

Hacking is cheating.

Psychic Nick

Ready to bend to my will?...
    Years
  • I did what I did with the Pikachu2. I put it on my dryer when I washed me clothes. Then took a nap. Came back with about 5000 for 15 minits (didnt set the timer right).

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • This is why americans are fat! Just put it in your pocket and get off the couch. The days I have worked with it in my pocket I get around 22000 - 25000 steps. ON my days off when I am lazy I still get around 11000 steps. If you can't get enough steps to satisfy your pokewalker needs, I'd hate to see you in a swim suite.
    Putting forth alot of effort to find a way to be lazy... that is funny.

What is with you? Not all Americans are fat you jerk.
    I get over 50,000 steps a day, and I'm in great shape.
    You can't group an entire country together as one thing, as everyone is different.

Now that I got out all my RAGE, I'd like to point out to all you lazy jiggle bellies out their with a Pokéwalker that there is a group for all you, and anyone who like actually WALKING with their Pokéwalker, instead of being lazy about it.

clicky
    The Biggest Loser: Pokéwalker Edition

Get out, and don't be lazy...

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    I wear it to school so i get about 8000 steps from that. i also ride a stationary bike for five miles every day so that's a few thousand again! tehehehe

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Me and my mate were playing with it in physics and our teacher caught us with it.
    over the course of the lesson he helped up by teaching us (and the class) how it worked from a physics perspective.
    In plain english: It works by repedative, rythmic motion.... keeping it in a constant, steady movement.

MASTERBOSSgodora

The Songbird of My Generation
    Years
  • This is why americans are fat! Just put it in your pocket and get off the couch. The days I have worked with it in my pocket I get around 22000 - 25000 steps. ON my days off when I am lazy I still get around 11000 steps. If you can't get enough steps to satisfy your pokewalker needs, I'd hate to see you in a swim suite.
    Putting forth alot of effort to find a way to be lazy... that is funny.

I'd hate to see you learn to spell suit properly. And for going to work with a pokemon pedometer on. I'm sure you'll get that promotion. Just tell your boss you'll trade his 8-year old son your level 100 pikachu.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • What is with you? Not all Americans are fat you jerk.
    I get over 50,000 steps a day, and I'm in great shape.
    You can't group an entire country together as one thing, as everyone is different.

Now that I got out all my RAGE, I'd like to point out to all you lazy jiggle bellies out their with a Pokéwalker that there is a group for all you, and anyone who like actually WALKING with their Pokéwalker, instead of being lazy about it.

clicky
    The Biggest Loser: Pokéwalker Edition

Get out, and don't be lazy...

Unfortunately, Americans are stereotyped as arrogant, fat, and ignorant, so :s not that I think that way; I find stereotypes demeaning, but the Americans who come to Canada always do their "effed up" when they're here and get their butts handed to them.

I get around 5000 steps daily, since I don't work or go to school (independent studies). I'm hoping to get a job soon so I can become a bit more active. An hour of walking a day (constantly) can have drastic health benefits.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years

• Unfortunately, Americans are stereotyped as arrogant, fat, and ignorant, so :s not that I think that way; I find stereotypes demeaning, but the Americans who come to Canada always do their "effed up" when they're here and get their butts handed to them.

I get around 5000 steps daily, since I don't work or go to school (independent studies). I'm hoping to get a job soon so I can become a bit more active. An hour of walking a day (constantly) can have drastic health benefits.

Yeah, I know, I find stereotypes pretty dumb... Speaking of Canada, I've always wanted to move to Ottawa... ANYWAYS, I got about 23,000 steps today... had to walk about 15 miles from my house, to Oregon, get on a train to another city, JUST SO I COULD BUY ASIAN FOOD CAUSE I WANTED SOME (Like, the real stuff you cook yourself, not ramen and other weeaboo crap like that.) and back to my place... exhausted.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • (Like, the real stuff you cook yourself, not ramen and other weeaboo crap like that.)

Weeaboooooo!!! lolol I want couscous, it's so delicious *.* and holy crap, you walked a far way. The best I got using the PokeWalker was 12,000 in one day! That was when I went for an hour walk, and had a lot of meetings around town (Job Connect / Unemployment Centre, visit outreach independent studies supervisor, go to the mall to hand out resumes, etc.) I can't imagine getting above 12,000 (5,000 average) unless I get a job :s (I have an interview for Staples on Wednesday; please wish me luck >< I have no experience but I'm awesome with people and computers, and I have certificates and stuff, but no experience, and there's like 50 other people having an interview on the same day -.-)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Get off your backs and walk the stupid thing. It's called a PokeWALKER, not a PokeShaker or a PokeTie-it-to-a-fanner.

I usually get around 5k if I take it to school. =|

Back