• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
Years
  • I'm sure many of you have seen it. I'm sure some of you have forgotten about it.

I had to, for quite a while.

However... I'm recently thinking about the show more, catching re-runs, arguing on Avatar forums...

The show is fantastic, deep, and all around awesome.

Discuss.

otaku-dono

Merkabah
    Years
  • From what I've seen of this show (which isn't as much as I would like it to be sadly), it's pretty amazing. I should get around to watching it all sometime.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Now this was a great show that I have watched. They are making a new season but it's not going to be on the characters that we are use to seeing. The first two books where my favorite out of the three.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • The live action was horrible. I didn't want to see it but my mom's BF wanted me to go with him to see it. The graphics where alright in the movie but I loved the ending credits. Azula was one villain I actually liked. Ty Lee and Sokka were my favorite.

Last edited:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • The action was awful, the acting was terrible some of the worst I've ever seen, the movie was horrendous. There was just too much to put in one movie, and it was a mistake making it. The Anime was more than excellent, but the movie... I regret letting my eye's view such a monster piece. Sorry to be so harsh, but everything about the movie was bad (except the fire bending, the only thing I liked).

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    One of my most favourite animated shows ever.

I didn't really like the live action movie, I hope they make Book II(Earth) much more better.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Did anyone use to play the video games? I only played the third one. I hope they don't make a second live action movie to follow the books.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Opinions, Opinions

To me, the Avatar: Last Airbender is the best anime show I ever saw. Decent characters that mature and change and know their places and mistakes. Good mix of action and drama, and excellent art and animation. No mistakes, no bad episode, epic and awesome. Too bad it was short.

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • The animated series was amazing. <3 I still watch the reruns any chance I get.

But yeah, the movie was below par. I don't think M. Night was right for the job. :3

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016

I hate to be "that guy" but it's not an anime.

Anyway, it's one of my all time, if not my, favorite cartoon ever.
    Well, the creators themselfs said in an interview that the series was based on Japanese animation anyway, so it practically is.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Yay! I loved this series. It was creative, had engaging characters, and FUNNY. I've played the first videogame on DS and enjoyed that too. Despite the REALLY annoying bosses, it was fun to play through...but it ends really abruptly though. :[
    I haven't seen the live action movie, but I want to. Just to see how bad it is. xD

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • @Izanagi: If it makes you feel any better, I thought the same thing, but I wasn't going to point it out.

Anyway, I loved the show; it just had such a well thought out story, setting, and mechanics. And by mechanics I mean all the details about bending and how it worked. (I just liked all the cool ideas like water benders being able to bend blood, or how earth benders can't normally bend metal, or how Toph sees things through vibrations; stuff like that)

It was just all well thought out. I'm glad it had such an epic end, although I'm sad it did have to end.

Now, the movie. Ugh. That movie. I don't even want to rant about it.

Dubstep

Goes bump in the night
    Years
  • One of my favorites!

As for the new series, I have mixed feelings. On one hand, I'm worried it's going to be botched horribly, or I won't come to like the new batch of characters as much as I did the originals. On the other hand, I'm excited for the possibility of another epic show with some of the same people involved in making the first.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • An amazing show.

Amazing animation.
    Amazing characters.
    Amazing moments.
    Amazing plot.

I would call this the best piece of Western children's animation of last decade until you get to the biggest Deus Ex Machina the series ever had in the finale.

Spoiler:

Oh well, Phineas and Ferb can have that honour I guess. :(

Oh, and I don't have any thoughts on tLoK, it could go either way. :U

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • Yeah, that was kind of... Well...
    Spoiler:

As for tLoK...

The fanbase will have grown up a few years, and, if taken into account, that could wreck or save the series.

Will they shoot for a new generation, making it aimed at younger children? Doubtful.

Will they shoot for the old fans, making it Darkier and Edgier? I... honestly don't know. The original series was already pretty dark for a Nick show... Well, nowhere near Invader Zim. But.

zekes

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2014
    The anime is great but the movie wasn't. I am not satisfied how the story was being portrayed at the big screen but still I like the cartoon version of it.

Back