• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B/W WTF Moment Thread !

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    It took me like an hour to find a +special attack flame body Hitomoshi. I evolved it into a Rampuraa and immediately into a Shanderaa with a dusk stone only to find that it can't naturally learn overheat and shadow ball after its final evolution. Not hat I have any other potential users for the TMs, but I still find it to be rather stupid.

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
    Years
  • WTF Moment - When My room was smashed to pieces after the first battle..
    what the hell happened there?
    Did someone throw a grenade in whislt I was battling? Or was my pokemon really that powerful?!

I beat the game now.. I have plenty more if your intrested XD

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • It took me like an hour to find a +special attack flame body Hitomoshi. I evolved it into a Rampuraa and immediately into a Shanderaa with a dusk stone only to find that it can't naturally learn overheat and shadow ball after its final evolution. Not hat I have any other potential users for the TMs, but I still find it to be rather stupid.

hahaha i think we've all had these moments.

i wanted to hit myself over the head with an iron when i evolved my Yannapu too soon, missing out on it learning Crunch. i was just waaaay too excited when i was randomly given a Leaf Stone in Hiun City!

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    When I was checking out the round bush in Yaguruma Forest, a friggin' Pokemon Ranger jumped out and scared the beejesus out of me! I totally wasn't expecting that!

..Well I did read it in the guide but I was expecting her to jump out when I try to cross the hollow log.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I haven't played the games yet, but if you want a WTF moment look no further than this thing:

B/W WTF Moment Thread !
    ("Kill... me...")

I mean, seriously. What. The.

Last edited by a moderator:

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • I haven't played the games yet, but if you want a WTF moment look no further than this thing:

B/W WTF Moment Thread !
    ("Kill... me...")

hahahahahaha!!! that was one of my wtf moments when i found it in the puddle.
    another is when i was vsing the electric gym and the other pokemon was on low health then used the electric reversal attack thingy, where it swaped pokemon. i didnt know that that was what the move was meant to do so i just assumed the gym leader used hax. i got pretty pissed off. XD

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • I haven't played the games yet, but if you want a WTF moment look no further than this thing:

B/W WTF Moment Thread !
    ("Kill... me...")

OMG !...I know..and that thing is electric/ground ...Seriously ?..Such cool typing on such a pathetic piece of crap ??..I've said it b4 and i'm saying it again..The designer of that thing secretly works for a rival company

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • Originally Posted by Sammuthegreat B/W WTF Moment Thread !
    I haven't played the games yet, but if you want a WTF moment look no further than this thing:

B/W WTF Moment Thread !
    ("Kill... me...")

I mean, seriously. What. The
    i know i mean..wtf?!
    how low can they god damnit go?!
    its just a bunch of ******** and the designer is an idiot

Last edited by a moderator:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Not sure if this is really a 'WTF Moment' but when you encounter 'N' at the Ferris Wheel and he takes it on you, when you battle him and loose and go back to where he is, he repeats the whole process again, says the same stuff (atleast I think it's the same) and takes you on the Ferris Wheel again, and it takes quite along time to go round on the Ferris Wheel so it's quite irritating :P.

Kamigoroshi

Moemon Hunter
    Years
  • When one of my pokemon were poisoned for the first time in Black and I escaped the battle, I noticed the poison did not further harm the pokemon when I was moving. Either B/W changed the poison rules or there are some other factors I don't know... either way, this is one ever repeading 'WTF moment' for me.

Mujahid

Years
  • When one of my pokemon were poisoned for the first time in Black and I escaped the battle, I noticed the poison did not further harm the pokemon when I was moving. Either B/W changed the poison rules or there are some other factors I don't know... either way, this is one ever repeading 'WTF moment' for me.

The poison will be cured if the pokemons HP is 1...this was done way back in D/P

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    when i battled my rivals like 2-3 times before the first gym
    that gym guy givin me a water bottle - but i cant drink it >.< nah jks
    and MANy, MANY others

Kamigoroshi

Moemon Hunter
    Years
  • The poison will be cured if the pokemons HP is 1...this was done way back in D/P
    Yeah, I know that. But this here is definetely different since a poisoned pokemon doesn't take any damage at all when you're moving in the overworlds. The poison will also not cure itself like in D/P or HG/SS (at least not without special abilities), so even after you're running for hours the pokemon in question is still poisoned and with the same HP as before. It's if as in B/W the poison rule changed to be similar to burn, freeze and similar stuff.

Mujahid

Years
  • Yeah, I know that. But this here is definetely different since a poisoned pokemon doesn't take any damage at all when you're moving in the overworlds. The poison will also not cure itself like in D/P or HG/SS (at least not without special abilities), so even after you're running for hours the pokemon in question is still poisoned and with the same HP as before. It's if as in B/W the poison rule changed to be similar to burn, freeze and similar stuff.

Hmm..Wow..That's pretty cool..It makes sense too...if burn doesn't cause pain outside the battle..why should poison ??

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Some trainer on route 11 has a defeat line that's completely in English, lol. Wasn't expecting that.

"The scenery I've seen...
    People I've met...
    Pokemon we've traded moves with...
    I etch them in my memory..."

That's what he says. ;D

Oh, and another WTF moment was when I realized Cheren wasn't wearing a tie, haha.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Some trainer on route 11 has a defeat line that's completely in English, lol. Wasn't expecting that.

"The scenery I've seen...
    People I've met...
    Pokemon we've traded moves with...
    I etch them in my memory..."

That's what he says. ;D

Oh, and another WTF moment was when I realized Cheren wasn't wearing a tie, haha.

I think there is one in spanish too. and another in eastern european.

Dragonika

Isshu Region Champion
    Years
  • My first WTF ! moment was when i was calmely walkin through sanyou city and then the game froze then i walked threw a tree -.-

Back