• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Back to the Grind(stone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

Oh, I think I could put on a good show - I'm British, so I've immediately got some appeal there, ahaha - I just don't want people hearing my voice. I think I could manage it, since I had to give a lot of presentations during University and have even done some teaching, but...ehhhh. My voice. Nope.

It's definitely important to find your own style, though...it's a lot like posting on forums actually, except you've just got slightly less time to think about what you're going to say, althoug you get better at it as you go. If I was going to do a Let's Play about the only thing that would be different between the way I talked and the way I type would be I'd swear a lot more and burst into song every now and then, and go off on the odd wild tangent. I probably wouldn't talk about the game very much at all. I'd be better suited to streaming live and having conversations with watchers, actually. xD

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Been messing around in Forza Motorsport 6: Apex lately on my computers. It's been a long time since the last time I have had such a great feel playing a racing game...

Though, the game sure soaks up your RAM and video RAM like crazy when maxed out.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
    Oh, I think I could put on a good show - I'm British, so I've immediately got some appeal there, ahaha - I just don't want people hearing my voice. I think I could manage it, since I had to give a lot of presentations during University and have even done some teaching, but...ehhhh. My voice. Nope.

It's definitely important to find your own style, though...it's a lot like posting on forums actually, except you've just got slightly less time to think about what you're going to say, althoug you get better at it as you go. If I was going to do a Let's Play about the only thing that would be different between the way I talked and the way I type would be I'd swear a lot more and burst into song every now and then, and go off on the odd wild tangent. I probably wouldn't talk about the game very much at all. I'd be better suited to streaming live and having conversations with watchers, actually. xD

Its alright to go off topic and on tangents and what not. As long as you think its entertaining and are enjoying what you do, thats fine. From my experiences though, I'd recommend try to get a friend or two to come along with. Its much easier to keep up conversation if you have someone that you can bounce off of.
    Play what you like. Even if the games you're interested in doing you feel like have been done to death, if you feel like you can add your own charm/spin to it, absolutely go for it. The most important thing to keep in mind is to try to produce something that you would watch.

Also, off topic from before but I should probably ask: is there anyone else here who is into retro game collecting?

pkmin3033

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't play something I wasn't invested in, if only because it'd be very hard to talk about it or drum up any kind of enthusiasm. I'd be making LPs for people who knew me and were interested rather than a general audience anyway - at least initially - so that'd give me a fair bit of freedom. I'd love to bring a friend along, but I don't have any friends to play with, so. Kinda screwed there. A duo would make for more interesting viewings than my ravings though.

...all idle speculation, but fun to think about :3

On a random note, the current PSN sale is surprisingly good. At the very least, I might pick up Resi 4 for a fiver...been a while since I played that. The remake and Resi 0 might be better on PS3 than they were on Gamecube too...the sloppy controls made it very difficult to fully enjoy them back in the day.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
    I do wonder if CS GO become a free to play game, any ideas?

Also AAA titles has become very expensive and at some point I really wonder, does my money paid for like 200 bucks worth the play? For now I do not purchase any these game but had to get it in illegal method which means pirated games.

Yes, it is a very bad thing to do that but I just can't resist these things. But , these pirated games are not updated and do not have multiplayer feature.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    OMG! A post where i actually am articulate and serious without making any references to my usual flavors of blood, meat, and gore. Yey. Because i'm currently triggered as heck but oh well.

Its alright to go off topic and on tangents and what not. As long as you think its entertaining and are enjoying what you do, thats fine. From my experiences though, I'd recommend try to get a friend or two to come along with. Its much easier to keep up conversation if you have someone that you can bounce off of.
    Play what you like. Even if the games you're interested in doing you feel like have been done to death, if you feel like you can add your own charm/spin to it, absolutely go for it. The most important thing to keep in mind is to try to produce something that you would watch.

Also, off topic from before but I should probably ask: is there anyone else here who is into retro game collecting?

If ever i did like gameplay commentary like pre-recorded gameplay footage, I'll just be in my signature self where I am pretty informative but at the same time, I also like going the "Spicy" flavor. I dont want to do live commentary though, because I play like AIDS when i try to combine commentary and gameplay X__x.

I've been collecting mostly like 90's to even Pre Win 7/8/10 FPS games as a sick hobby. Do i count? Also, MS-DOS games to be even more retro. I just got a whole pack of Decent from a friend, and we got our Decent sourceports to run them. DOSBOX can go box itself. And I'm currently looking for some of that Jazz the Jackrabbit and Stargunner.

Also i'd like to add. The big appeal of having a friend to tag along is really huge because it somehow reminds of people about the good ole days of friends actually coming together, in person, to play some video games, talk about it, and at least in my case, scream humorous profanity while my much calmer friend tries to be more "sensibile and tactical" :))))

I do wonder if CS GO become a free to play game, any ideas?

I feel that CSGO its fine the way it is. I mean as much as i do love the F2P model, Free 2 play also means a lot of trolls, boosted monkeys, clown fiestas, and basically just a lot of low or poor quality players. I mean, i can already mention a certain League but that already has been mentioned 2000x billion times, and yes even do I do play on it, and a veteran of such, its still a given. I'm already fine with mah CSGO Elitists. I don't want actual trolls and toxic monkeys to join in D:

At least when you do have to Pay 2 Play, people are much more serious with making sure that they keep their behavior in check. Then again, as much as i hate to say it, even my own fellow Filipinos are just out of touch. I just heard from a bunch of college people that one of them got VALVEBANNED for being toxic towards teammates. Yes, Bad players still exist in CSGO (just like in any damn video game really), but at least people should just learn how to not be toxic at them. But Fricking PINOISE will never get over it. Which is why its rare for most online platforms to find Filipinos who actually have respect towards other players, even with bad teammates. They don't learn enough from me. Obviously. If most of my fellow Filipinos were actually decent people online (just like myself), we wouldn't be a butt of jokes in many international gaming scenes. I don't claim to be the most decent Filipino online player ever, but given that i actually started playing online games on international servers, I already know from a rather young age to actually be decent when it comes to interacting with people from other countries and cultures.

(Holy crap, I am triggered as feck)

Last edited:

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
    I won't think about that about tomatoes or potatoes stuff, as long I enjoy the game it is ok. But I do not really blame or even think about these nationality, it just about your attitude and behaviour. I can as much toxic as you want, but in order not to get perma-ban I must have my good behaviour.

But seriously CS GO is a big game, even if it is in free to play, I guess it still doing fine. With some less profitable and depend on community market.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
    If ever i did like gameplay commentary like pre-recorded gameplay footage, I'll just be in my signature self where I am pretty informative but at the same time, I also like going the "Spicy" flavor. I dont want to do live commentary though, because I play like AIDS when i try to combine commentary and gameplay X__x.

I've been collecting mostly like 90's to even Pre Win 7/8/10 FPS games as a sick hobby. Do i count? Also, MS-DOS games to be even more retro. I just got a whole pack of Decent from a friend, and we got our Decent sourceports to run them. DOSBOX can go box itself. And I'm currently looking for some of that Jazz the Jackrabbit and Stargunner.

Also i'd like to add. The big appeal of having a friend to tag along is really huge because it somehow reminds of people about the good ole days of friends actually coming together, in person, to play some video games, talk about it, and at least in my case, scream humorous profanity while my much calmer friend tries to be more "sensibile and tactical" :))))

To be honest, the only game I've even attempted live commentary on is a dating sim lol.

I'd say thats retro enough. The DOS games especially. I honestly feel like DOS stuff doesn't get enough love. I may secretly want to get a proper late era DOS gaming machine at some point.... The only problem I have with collecting more stuff right now is I'm moving back to Canada in a few months and I already have too much stuff to move.

From my experience in bringing friends along, it can result in all of those great things. Or both of us just snarking the heck out of each other. Depends on the person.

Sir Codin

Those were the days.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    My best advice for commentary is to just keep trying. Even if you suck when you start off recording videos, it's the practice that will help you get better, so don't be discouraged by one bad video and keep on trying. It took me a while to get comfortable with the format, myself.

On the aside, Doom is available for preload, any of you who bought it in advance. It is a 40 gig download though so jump on it immediately!

Sir Codin

God that was a nightmare to get down right, but I've just beaten what was agreed to be the toughest boss in Dark Souls 3 solo:

pkmin3033

Honestly? I found Gundyr the second time around to be tougher; he moved faster than anything else in the game and it was jarring. Nameless King just hit ridiculously hard. Fantastic battle music though <3

Good job, though. You came through that cleaner than I did...I panic-roll too much in the games sometimes, haha.

Sir Codin

Honestly? I found Gundyr the second time around to be tougher; he moved faster than anything else in the game and it was jarring. Nameless King just hit ridiculously hard. Fantastic battle music though <3
    I beat Champion Gundyr my first try. Nameless King took me around 20 tries.

pkmin3033

Really? It was the opposite for me - Gundyr trashed me multiple times, and I took out the Nameless King on my second or third attempt I think. Guess it's an individual experience thing. Faster enemies generally throw me off in action games as I tend to react too early, so I wind up moving straight into their attacks instead of avoiding them...or I come out of avoiding them just in time to get hit by them.

Sir Codin

https://omgftw.github.io/DarkSouls3CensorCheck/

Dark Souls 3's name censor system is weird.

You can check to see if your name is censored to other players in PvP/Co-op on that link. I honestly don't know why FROM/Namco even bothered putting it in there in the first place, especially since not many things are censored (PokeComm censors more stuff), it's case sensitive, which means you can type in "KniGht" to avoid having the word "Knight" censored because of the "nig" in it. And finally, some of the things censored are just weird and it's also inconsistent. You have "hand" censored, but the full N-word is a-okay so long as you capitalize at least one letter.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Back to the Grind(stone)

Well, I just completely level capped my BL1 Siren and I think i need to get the Knoxx DLC now so that i can get Lilith to level 69, so that i can get it on with Lilith and do some hot Doomguy and Siren action with... okay I don't know what the f*** I'm talking about.

Oh wait, yeah i do:

I definitely want to see a Siren in action, and i exactly know what kind of action I'm talking about.

Oh and killing the Destroyer with Lilith and my not so good weapons (even with my crap Hellfire) at Playthrough 2.5 took forever. It was still satisfying as all hell to do though.

On the other hand:
    Back to the Grind(stone)

NEW HAVEN SECRET ROOM ACTION! WHOOOOOOOOO!!!! Well, its the hidden room that not many people, even the most hardcore of BL1 players knew.

Leveling that Berserker is starting to get even more fun, perhaps even more fun when i started the game game as Lilith. This is my planned skill tree for Brick here which should take advantage of the following stuff:

(Obviously more skill points should go to the appropriate trees)

+ Explosive element weapons (Ajax Ogre LMG baby should i ever get one)
    + Launchers since those weapons suck for everyone else.
    + King Wee Wee's Super Booster (especially a more level appropriate version from Playthrough 2.5)
    + Party play, which is why i invested mostly on Tank skill points so that I can face tank badasses and bosses while the rest of the less manly people can just shoot and throw grenades since some of my friends with their much better PCs can't even man up in co-op :)))

Or maybe i should just get Borderlands 2 and play as the Siren there, but Maya isn't as cool as Lilith.

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Prison Architect getting a disk release on the PS4 in June. Might have to pick it up, since my laptop isn't great at running games. It's a blast though.

pkmin3033

Gaige was quite a lot of fun! I never bothered with Krieg though, mostly because by the time he came out I'd long since finished the game and moved on to something else, haha.

Maya was much more fun to play than Lilith in BL1, though. That said, I went off the original Vault Hunters in BL2 because they were given cookie-cutter personalities and even though their involvement in the story was fairly prominent they still felt like cameos at best.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back