• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad graphics? Bad construction? Bad game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cross

Banned
Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    Um, gonna play this game at some time, I'd prefer not to play the Wii64 version. :/

Somehow I noticed he was mainly freaking out about the Pokehexagon. Then when I reply about graphics, he changes it too "LULZ YOU DUN HATES BAD GRAPHICS OF POGEYMANZ!LUUK AT DIS PIKCHURE!!!1". :(

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I personally think the PBR graphics are amazing. They're realistic yet retain the Pokemon style. That's a good thing - we wouldn't want them to not look like Pokemon, right? And I don't mind not having a storyline, it's much more like the Stadium games, which I liked much more than Colosseum and XD, anyway. The lack of minigames upsets me, but the time I'd take up playing minigames would probably be taken up by customizing my character. It saves time, more time for battles! I really think BR is going to be the best Pokemon console game to date.

Last edited:

Sassafras

Rick The Casbah!
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2007
    Ummmmm, since when did graphics depict how good a game was. The story does, in this, PBRs sucks.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • Ummmmm, since when did graphics depict how good a game was. The story does, in this, PBRs sucks.
    No, everything is important, graphics, story, gameplay, just everything.
    Gameplay in PBR is OK (although there´s no use for the motion sensitive remote), but there´s no story, and it´s using many 3D model from the nintendo 64, so it sucks.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    This entire game is 10 fold compared to the majority of the hacks in the hack section... if you get what I'm saying... there are probably at most 10 good hacks there... Pokemon Ice being #1 =P seriously. I see more posts saying some of the horrid hacks are good, and they have like a pixel changed... so yeah if you're complaining about this, I'll go lay my opinion on a few other topics... and if you still wanna complain about it, lets see YOU do better, not your best friend's cousin's uncle's sister's game programming husband who does excellent models, YOU...

GrieVelorn

Fire!!
    Years
  • i dont think this game is going to have those bad graphics i think that those were only tests for the battle system useing the old pokemon stadium graphics, why? mabey to not watse a bunch of time putting graphics just to find out it doesn't work if that was me i would not waste valuable time like that would you also the nintendo company may not have wanted the real graphics to be released just in case as to not let the competition steal them.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2008
    I think PBR is going to be a good game because it goes back to the roots of Pokemon Console games and focuses primarily on battles. Although I guess one could complain about the lack of story, I think it'd be better left to the handhelds until they can come up with something better next time.

One thing I do have a problem with is that why doesn't this (or most games for that matter) let you create an old man character? That would be awesome! ;p

Nigma

~Witch~
    Years
  • I think the best Nintendo could do would be creating a MMORPG with good 3D Graphics for Computer, Game cube and other systems. If i imagine if i could choose being a trainer (or Pokémon, whatever you like to be), or even a Team Rocket Member in a good programmed Pokémon MMORPG it would be very cool.

Of course they should use some unique Battle Modes and create a large world like in WoW, or other Online games. I don´t know if you would like such an idea, but for me it would be the perfect Pokémon game which could be played in different ways. Even if you would choose being a photograph could be fun, or be an officer to prevent Pokémon crime, which is organized by other players who play member of a Team (Magma, Rocket etc.).

*dreaming*

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    My lord.
    To put this in perspective of how it is, you people think a fancier checkers set is better than a cardboard checkers set, but you're forgetting that it's still the same game and rules. It's still checkers.

This thread is the most retarded thing I've ever seen. Bad graphics don't make a bad game, unless it's glitched graphics or solid color graphics.

Over half of the people replying to this thread haven't even played the GAME and seen it on their own TV screen! They just watched the crappy resolution of Youtube videos and start whining!
    If it's bad graphics, does that make it no longer the Pokemon games we've always loved?

Acrof said:
    U can notice these sharp corners when the game use a zoom on the arena and battlers.
    ****ing boo-hoo. Even PS3 graphics get sharp corners when you zoom in.

And you're whining too much about the Stadium movements on Pokemon. Did it occur to you that perhaps Nintendo wanted to add some nostalgia to those who have played it for a while? Perhaps they feared about those who would whine about the NEW movements and actions Pokemon made?

Acrof said:
    And a GOOD story line would make a better game, get it?
    No. Stadium had no storyline and it got incredibly popular.

Acrof said:
    I wanted to see a PS3 crusher game, using all features a Wii can offer.
    Now you're sounding pathetic. Wii can only go so far. Why are you trying to squeez juice out of a dry lemon?!

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    This entire game is 10 fold compared to the majority of the hacks in the hack section... if you get what I'm saying... there are probably at most 10 good hacks there... Pokemon Ice being #1 =P seriously. I see more posts saying some of the horrid hacks are good, and they have like a pixel changed... so yeah if you're complaining about this, I'll go lay my opinion on a few other topics... and if you still wanna complain about it, lets see YOU do better, not your best friend's cousin's uncle's sister's game programming husband who does excellent models, YOU...

The workers of the Pokémon games have programmed in many years and has learned programming some years before they got to work at Nintendo. And since they sell so many games they must have a lot of money and thus can buy good programs for making 3D objects. But to me it looks like they have used some old version of autodesk inventor or something.

I have only learned programming a year in school and have little money, so I cannot create a Pokémon game with good graphics, but I know that they can if they try.

andreas2

typhlosion master trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2007
    i think that the graphics are great!! i will buy the game for sure!! is there also online battling??

Dark Heaven

Brighter than dawning blue.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    What did you expect from Genius Sonority? They didn't even bother to update Pokemon's cry.

Graphic isn't that bad IMO, at least Machamp has fingers now. XD

Typhoon

PokeManiac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    My lord.
    To put this in perspective of how it is, you people think a fancier checkers set is better than a cardboard checkers set, but you're forgetting that it's still the same game and rules. It's still checkers.

This thread is the most retarded thing I've ever seen. Bad graphics don't make a bad game, unless it's glitched graphics or solid color graphics.

Over half of the people replying to this thread haven't even played the GAME and seen it on their own TV screen! They just watched the crappy resolution of Youtube videos and start whining!
    If it's bad graphics, does that make it no longer the Pokemon games we've always loved?
    Cardboard checkers is something I'd expect from the NES. The Wii version should be made of crystal, mkay? People are just saying that since the Wii is capable of better graphics, the game should have been a little more polished. Calm down.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Yutss said:

The smartest thing sayed in the thread so far. As long as all the graphics match the same style, I don't see why it's such a big deal. Graphics have never been the strong part of Pokémon games and they never will. The gameplay is the important part of Pokémon so people should just quit whining because it doesn't help them anyway.

But the reason I posted in this thread is to ask you, Acrof, if this is your definition of a good Pokémon game. It lacks everything you think makes a good Pokémon game: a good storyline and good graphics, but you also decided to rape the best part of Pokémon: the battle system. It is a good game indeed, sir.[/SARCASM]

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • and if you still wanna complain about it, lets see YOU do better, not your best friend's cousin's uncle's sister's game programming husband who does excellent models, YOU...
    Ok, just give me the money! Oh! I almost forgot! The control over Genius Sonority and Game Freak too.

dont think this game is going to have those bad graphics i think that those were only tests for the battle system useing the old pokemon stadium graphics, why? mabey to not watse a bunch of time putting graphics just to find out it doesn't work if that was me i would not waste valuable time like that would you also the nintendo company may not have wanted the real
    graphics to be released just in case as to not let the competition steal them.
    Competition? Only Nintendo can use the trademark Pokémon.

****ing boo-hoo. Even PS3 graphics get sharp corners when you zoom in.

And you're whining too much about the Stadium movements on Pokemon. Did it occur to you that perhaps Nintendo wanted to add some nostalgia to those who have played it for a while? Perhaps they feared about those who would whine about the NEW movements and actions Pokemon made?
    MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!
    All I could get from your post is that you are picking the main failures in this game and it´s trying to make they look like amazing features.
    No. Stadium had no storyline and it got incredibly popular.
    Oh! REALLY????? But now, Pokémon Stadium is a #$@#$ 10 year old game, it´s outdated get it? By being so, a clone of it (named PBR)in nowadays standards will make it look pathetic.
    Now you're sounding pathetic. Wii can only go so far. Why are you trying to squeez juice out of a dry lemon?!
    I really didn´t know that! Wait, but a Wii is about 3 times more powerfull than a GameCube and can ONLY go so far? With NINTENDO 64 GRAPHICS???? LOL. Give me a break.

What did you expect from Genius Sonority? They didn't even bother to update Pokemon's cry.

Graphic isn't that bad IMO, at least Machamp has fingers now. XD
    You said everything. XD

But the reason I posted in this thread is to ask you, Acrof, if this is your definition of a good Pokémon game. It lacks everything you think makes a good Pokémon game: a good storyline and good graphics, but you also decided to rape the best part of Pokémon: the battle system. It is a good game indeed, sir.
    Some people think that are smarter than others, you are one of those.
    First of all, my computer is old and can´t do much more to help, second I don´t have much time to waste to make this game. So if you think that my game sucks that much, Why don´t you give us the pleasure to show a game made by you?:badsmile:
    At least I tried with what I´ve got here in my home.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh! REALLY????? But now, Pokémon Stadium is a #$@#$ 10 year old game, it´s outdated get it? By being so, a clone of it (named PBR)in nowadays standards will make it look pathetic.
    Oh? Really? I've seen plenty of clones of older games. People still like them. I also know that alot of people still play Pokemon Stadium. Also, FYI, Pokemon Stadium isn't a "#$@#$" 10 year old game. It's 7. The Wii plays older games as well, remember? Some are even older than 10 years. People obviously still like those. Are you saying that they're bad as well for being old and having bad graphics?

I really didn´t know that! Wait, but a Wii is about 3 times more powerfull than a GameCube and can ONLY go so far? With NINTENDO 64 GRAPHICS???? LOL. Give me a break.
    Ok, first of all, maybe they didn't perfect all the graphics because they wanted to get the game out sooner, so people could battle their pokemon. Which is the whole point of the game. Not graphics, that only 10 people in the world are going to whine incessantly about, and still probably get the game anyway.
    Secondly, the game isn't in Nintendo 64 graphics. I have no idea where you got that from. Maybe a FEW things look SIMILAR, but it's not like the whole game is.

Also, from what I've seen of your 'game' that Smarties-kun posted a link to, you don't seem to be the best judge of graphics.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • Oh? Really? I've seen plenty of clones of older games. People still like them. I also know that alot of people still play Pokemon Stadium. Also, FYI, Pokemon Stadium isn't a "#$@#$" 10 year old game. It's 7. The Wii plays older games as well, remember? Some are even older than 10 years. People obviously still like those. Are you saying that they're bad as well for being old and having bad graphics?
    Sure old games rules!
    Maybe all of you can´t belive, but I have a collection of video-games from the old ones to the last-gen ones.
    Here is an old pic of them ;) (Nintendo DS Lite and my Xbox 360 are not in these picture because the pictures are old) :

Oh! and here is a pic of my handhelds:

I just HATE when they put outdated graphics in a new game, Would you like to see Diamond and Pearl with Gold/Silver graphics???

*PS:Actualy the original japanese Pokemon Stadium IS a 10 year old game. (the one wich came before Stadium 2 and 3)

Ok, first of all, maybe they didn't perfect all the graphics because they wanted to get the game out sooner, so people could battle their pokemon. Which is the whole point of the game. Not graphics, that only 10 people in the world are going to whine incessantly about, and still probably get the game anyway.
    Secondly, the game isn't in Nintendo 64 graphics. I have no idea where you got that from. Maybe a FEW things look SIMILAR, but it's not like the whole game is.
    Sooner = worst game IMO.
    And I know that this game isn´t in Nintendo 64 graphics, but to include N64 3D models in a Wii game is ridiculous... Wake up Nintendo!
    Also, from what I've seen of your 'game' that Smarties-kun posted a link to, you don't seem to be the best judge of graphics.
    Really???????
    OK, no money + ancient computer + lack of time = not that good graphics:

Don´t forget that my game IS NOT FINISHED,AND SO IS THE BATTLE SYSTEM, Ok? Stupidies-Kun.
    And to tell me that I´m not a good judge of graphics, first ALL OF YOU should play at least 10 games in 10 different systems. Hehehe, you see, I´m a gamer, and by being so I DON´T PLAY ONLY POKÉMON, and I know when a game is good or not for it´s standards.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I haven't played BR so I cannot say much about it, but I know that Stadium's graphics are better than Colloseum's and that I think strange since Colloseum is newer and to GC. And when you miss in Colloseum, the pkmn does not attack at all! (hope it isn't like this in BR). Stadium is different; they attack before they can miss.
    I wouldn't care so much about the bad graphics in Colloseum and Game of Darkness, if the games were not so slow. A game like Stadium and BR, where you only battle, can have fights that takes longer time, since the only thing you do is battle. But in Colloseum you want to train and the battles take too much time (luckily the music is good though). The Pokémon does not even attack directly after you have chosen command, but some seconds afterwards. I wished Colloseum would have been a little quicker in battles and I wouldn't complain on its graphics so much.
    I don't complain on Green Version's graphics, since it IS an old game and it's the fastest battles of all pkmn games.
    I don't think Battle Revolution is so bad, after all they run to their opponent when they strike. It was so amazing to see when I watched a video of BR. It was almost hard to believe.

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    Sure old games rules!
    Maybe all of you can´t belive, but I have a collection of video-games from the old ones to the last-gen ones.
    Here is an old pic of them ;) (Nintendo DS Lite and my Xbox 360 are not in these picture because the pictures are old) :

Oh! and here is a pic of my handhelds:

I just HATE when they put outdated graphics in a new game, Would you like to see Diamond and Pearl with Gold/Silver graphics???

*PS:Actualy the original japanese Pokemon Stadium IS a 10 year old game. (the one wich came before Stadium 2 and 3)

Sooner = worst game IMO.
    And I know that this game isn´t in Nintendo 64 graphics, but to include N64 3D models in a Wii game is ridiculous... Wake up Nintendo!
    Really???????
    OK, no money + ancient computer + lack of time = not that good graphics:

Don´t forget that my game IS NOT FINISHED,AND SO IS THE BATTLE SYSTEM, Ok? Stupidies-Kun.
    And to tell me that I´m not a good judge of graphics, first ALL OF YOU should play at least 10 games in 10 different systems. Hehehe, you see, I´m a gamer, and by being so I DON´T PLAY ONLY POKÉMON, and I know when a game is good or not for it´s standards.

Lol, retard! =\

You put a bunch of crappy pictures together. Shut up you gay ass.
    Whine about ACTUAL pictures with ACTUAL problems with zooming in or other crap that you try to "prove" that PBR and DP have bad graphics. If a game has **** graphics, the gameplay is all that matters.

Shut up, stop whining, and stop trying to act all like a tough guy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back