• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Ball Capsules/Seals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • So, 4th generation games had these things called ball capsules; they were essentially a way to get different animations when your pokemon went into battle. The way it worked was that you could put a ball capsule on your pokemon's poke ball, and then you could use Seals (which were like stickers) on the ball capsules to make different animations. Did anyone bother with these, or were they just a silly, albeit cute little addition to the games that nobody really cared about? I personally just found out about them today, (even though I got my first gen 4 game a couple years ago.)

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    I never noticed them until my fiance pointed them out, and I've restarted Platinum more times than I can count, so I feel you. Once I noticed them, I thought they were the most ADORABLE thing ever. ;~; I wish wish wish they would have kept them.
    I've yet to try it out myself, though. I haven't been bothered yet to look up how and where you get them. T-T Maybe soon, as I've restarted Platinum again to try and (for the first time in my pokemon history) complete the 'dex. ^-^

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I loved using Ball Capsules because they were a fun way to add something to your Pokemon, but I didn't like how you had to use a separate function of the PC to change the ball capsules or take them off, and how you could only have them on 6 Pokemon at a time. I kind of understand the reasoning, but it still would have been nice to attach the capsules to specific Pokemon and so you could move them freely in and out of the PC without detaching/reattaching the capsule each time.

Years
  • Ah yes, these were fun and would really give spice to your Pokémon's entrance. While it wasn't the most productive thing, I had fun giving my team's entrance more pizzazz and style. It was rather disappointing that this didn't return in Gen V and XY.

Years
  • I loved this cute feature, especially trying different seal combinations for different effects. My faves were probably the bubble and flower ones, and like what was said just above I was sad they never carried over after 4th Gen ended.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Ball capsules are cool. I liked having my Pokemon appear out of their Pokeballs in style. One of the things I liked doing was arranging two or more seals on a Pokeball to display a combination of patterns that compliment each other and the Pokemon. Despite all of this, it was really inconvenient to deposit party Pokemon because you had to remove the ball capsules before doing so. In the end, I think I got fed up and got rid of the capsules entirely. It was a shame for this amazing feature to have such a detrimental flaw.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I thought that ball capsules and seals was a nice idea; everyone likes pretty special effects when their Pokemon comes into battle. But I hated how you couldn't deposit a Pokemon in the PC if it had seals/a ball capsule on its PokeBall.

Ya know what might a cool idea? If they brought it back in ORAS and made it have an effect on contests. Or do that when the eventual 4th gen remakes roll around years from now.

Sirfetch’d

They were nice and something I did make use of a few times, but were really a hassle. I didn't like how much of an annoyance it was to actually put the capsule on the Pokemon and would have much preferred to be able to do it freely from wherever. Overall though was a cute feature that would be really fun to possibly see make a return one day!

Years
  • When I eventually discovered them (and it took me a while lol), I thought seals were amazing! :) Finally, something to differentiate my Pokémon from everyone else's in the game, especially if I was using quite a commonly found one. I loved matching up the seals to colour co-ordinate or match in with the type of my Pokémon :)

While the depositing with the ball capsule still being on was kinda a drawback, I learned to keep one Pokémon capsule-free so I could routinely switch that party member with my HM-slave or whatever which meant that at least 5 of my Pokémon always looked pretty coming outta their poké balls lol :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back