• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Base Stats Discussion

Mewtwo Vs Genosect

• Mewtwo

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Genosect

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

rockets>u

The Champion of on-and-off
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    The majority of Pokemon from the last 4 generations are all about to find homes in the UU tier, you could fill out the uber/OU tier with gen 5 Pokemon alone . :/

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    the candle ghost thing has 145 sp.atk? i can actually imagine an alakazam being all snobby having the highest sp.atk of all non legends and then the candle ghost thing comes in and totally anhialates it.. poor alakazam its last claim to fame is gone :(

Years
    the candle ghost thing has 145 sp.atk? i can actually imagine an alakazam being all snobby having the highest sp.atk of all non legends and then the candle ghost thing comes in and totally anhialates it.. poor alakazam its last claim to fame is gone :(

Candlier (as i affectionatly dub it) is a monster. Even at base 80 Speed, run Timid and slap a choice scarf on it and use it as your revenge killer. O_0 Yowza.

Years

Holy shnizzlets!! For reals? I don't even care or know barely anything about stats, but I have noticed how powerful Alakazam is with its Sp. Atk. It's SERIOUSLY being toppled over by a ghost chandelier? T_T

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Haha I think its SPAt is a little unrealistic, but oh well. It looks awesome and is like super dooper powerful, which is why I put it on my team.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Holy shnizzlets!! For reals? I don't even care or know barely anything about stats, but I have noticed how powerful Alakazam is with its Sp. Atk. It's SERIOUSLY being toppled over by a ghost chandelier? T_T

um-hm and by a long way too. alakazam-135 ghost candle thing-145

i pity alakazam.. maybe it will get nasty plot this gen and it will be all better :)

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Candlier (as i affectionatly dub it) is a monster. Even at base 80 Speed, run Timid and slap a choice scarf on it and use it as your revenge killer. O_0 Yowza.

i know right i am defo getting it. plus i love its design.

but i just realised something. what will become of gengar? OU for 4 straight generations and now surely the candle thing will take its place :O

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

Yeah it's a scary pokemon...also imagine if they had a First attack Special ghost or fire move that we have yet to know about 0_0...

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years

Alakazam was overtaken by Porygon-Z (who wasn't made out of paper, Pursuit Weak, had an ability that actually complimented it's strength, and had the power to boost it's Sp. Atk.)long before the candle came along. Interestingly however, the candle is 10 points slower and slightly frailer then Z, meaning that Porygon-Z isn't completely out-classed, and can still find it's own usage...Maybe.

Assuming the candle does reach standard, I see something in it's Choice Scarf set that's going to be great for a certain other Pokémon, though.

PORYGON2 was sent out.
    PORYGON2 traced Flash Fire!
    "Candle" used Flame Thrower!
    PORYGON2 absorbed the attack!

And:

PORYGON2 was sent out.
    PORYGON traced Flash Fire!
    "Candle" used Shadow Ball!
    It didn't effect PORYGON2!

Things are looking brighter already. :]

Upon closer inspection, it appears this Candle monster has access to Shadow Tag! So it looks like countering it is out of the question! In other news however, in order to compensate for Download no longer being a unique move to the Porygon line, they get a new ability! Can Z match up to it's slow, harder hitting rival? Or will it be overshadowed and doomed in permanent BL for the rest of the Black/White Metagame
    ? Time can only tell...

Last edited:

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

Alakazam was overtaken by Porygon-Z (who wasn't made out of paper, Pursuit Weak, had an ability that actually complimented it's strength, and had the power to boost it's Sp. Atk.)long before the candle came along. Interestingly however, the candle is 10 points slower and slightly frailer then Z, meaning that Porygon-Z isn't completely out-classed, and can still find it's own usage...Maybe.

Assuming the candle does reach standard, I see something in it's Choice Scarf set that's going to be great for a certain other Pokémon, though.

PORYGON2 was sent out.
    PORYGON2 traced Flash Fire!
    "Candle" used Flame Thrower!
    PORYGON2 absorbed the attack!

And:

PORYGON2 was sent out.

Things are looking brighter already. :]

but alakazam is psychic which is better than normal, has a far higher speed stat, has calm mind (i dont know if porygon has access to that) and a slightly more expansive movepool.

but yay for porygon being able to defeat candle thingy :P

Years
    PORYGON2 was sent out.

Candlier was sent out.
    Porygon2 traced flash fire!
    Candlier used Focus Blast/HP Fighting!
    The foe's Porygon2 fainted...

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Zuruzukin has some odd stats for a Dark/Fighting type. It acually reminds me of a reversed version of blissey. (low hp, high defenses.) A good staller for some reason.l

Alaskan Husky

lux aeterna
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2013
    hahaha meloia step form

100/128/90/77/77/128 - normal / fighting

can't wait to spam close combat with this thing =D

A lot of other ones are hilarious, as well. Genie "trio" looks extremely solid, along with the Fighting quartet (I'm including Mister Pony!). Shanderaa with Shadow Tag will be fun, Daruma Mode Hihidaruma sounds like a gimmick I'd be willing to try, Kirikizan looks pretty strong, and Desukan looks like it may be my new spin blocker over Rotom, which has now lost its Ghost typing (seriously? D:). If I ever decide to play stall again, that is, which looks unlikely. lol, Game Freak handed out 125+ base stats like candy... I'm not complaining, though. :) This new metagame looks kinda fun.

Xine

I LIEK U
    Years
    Sazando has a base stat total of 600.

definitely pseudo legendary.
    but evolution at level 64 ? oh srsly.

Years
    Urugamosu is serious business. 550? Yeah, on my team. Also, he can learn Solarbeam and Wild Bolt, which makes him OP.

Sazando. The only thing I hate about it is it's a Special Dragon, and the Dark Type means Fighting/Bug Pokemon will have their way against him, but I guess his decent defense makes up for it. Also, Special Dragons will have a hard time sweeping.

And I find it unusual that the lamprey-baby thing doesn't evolve until 39 and has horrible stats until then. It's like Meraruba evolving until 59.

Back