• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCL] Battle of the Week

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • Battle of the Week

Introduction

Hello PCL, welcome to the League's Battle of the Week event! Every week, we will showcase and advertise a single competitive battle, with the winner gaining 50 Experience for his or her clan.

Each clan will be equally represented and will face the other once, resulting in 3 battles per clan over 6-week cycles. Within these cycles, no one person will battle twice.

I will determine the weekly battle format myself for the sake of efficiency, but will be very receptive to requests. Clan heads will choose who will participate in their battle, and can nominate themselves if they so choose. We will keep everyone in the loop on scheduling so everyone who wants to watch will know when to do so.

Enjoy!

Replays

Week 1: Castform vs. wolf [ORAS OU]
    Week 2: Dragon vs. Nah [ORAS UU]
    Week 3: Noa vs. Nolafus [ORAS NU]
    Week 4: Golgari vs. punkysaur [ORAS Monotype]
    Week 5: Archy vs. R.F. [ORAS OU]
    Week 6: gimmepie vs. Sopheria [ORAS Ubers]
    Week 7: Christos vs. Omicron [ORAS LC]
    Week 8: aeternum vs. Wicked3DS [ORAS OU]
    Week 9: Archy vs. Noa [ORAS OU]
    Week 10: Castform vs. Nah [ORAS OU]

Experience

Black Magic: 100 EXP
    Ghosts of Perdition: 150 EXP
    Majestic Milotics: 50 EXP
    Team Orb: 200 EXP

Last edited by a moderator:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • you guys need to post when you're doing this so anyone who wants to watch will know when they can. also, we're moving on to next week...tomorrow. so battle today or tomorrow at the latest.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I assumed we were going by Sunday to Saturday. My bad.

We're battling at 5 PM ET this evening.

edit: 5 PM, not 4 PM. Getting time zones mixed up.

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Good game. I'm open to any critique on how I played. :)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • this week will be majestic milotics vs black magic, open to any (competitive) format/tier! if no one says anything by tomorrow, i will just decide the format myself, thinking about an oras lower tier right now.

clan heads decide match-up but i recommend that anyone who wants to play, especially with a specific format in mind, volunteer themselves! that way, the botw is featuring is players who know the tier they're playing. to have it any other way would defeat the purpose of this :p

but yeah do post away with any format preferences (inc. spectators if there is a tier you wanna see though preference will be given to what the battlers want).

edit: just to be clear, will decide format tomorrow and will want player decisions the following day to allow time to schedule and play the match. in the future, will be deciding on format/players sooner (in advance of the week) to allow for more time to schedule.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Shawn and I have agreed to do a UU battle for this week's BotW, so we'll do that sometime

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Great!

Make sure one of you posts the scheduled day and time here when you figure that out! (And please try to do so soonish!)

Good luck, looking forward to watching.
    We're gonna do it today at 1PM EST

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Sorry, this was poorly managed. I've been trying to get a combination of of people to play a lower tier format that would work within the ruleset of this event, but it's been...pretty challenging. I haven't been able to locate a VGC challenger for Omicron. :(

I was thinking of the amazingly alliterative NU: Noa vs Nola (Nolafus) for this week (with a generous deadline because the delay is on me). You're both quoted below to ping you:

Noa-tan said:
    Nolafus said:

Are you guys up for a NU BotW? No pressure, I can always find others to do an OU if need be!

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I'm up for it!

I am super down. When are you thinking of hosting it? Im free anyday except friday.

you guys can schedule it as you please! your deadline is this time next week, though if you can fit it in by saturday that'd be fab (but if you can't, yolo).

just make sure to post the day and time you agree on here so people know!

also, as per shawn's suggestion, i've been thinking of doing a BotW picks/"betting" thread. (not sure what we'd bet--the idea is in process, but i'd like to hype these more!)

Back