• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Stadium Daily Chit-Chat [Everyone go on the PO server please :D]

Detox

Like the one I made, which still has one spot left

Oh, and as a battle stadium vet I believe I can say that leagues suck ice and should be removed.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I will revive my tournament then if it manages to get enough people...

Detox

Yeah....If its still freezing cold in the spring would the season still be considered winter

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah....If its still freezing cold in the spring would the season still be considered winter
    It's still winter, I'll change it to spring when it's spring (March ~20). :P And the winter variant was never finished. (it would be better to ask in the thread lol)

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Well, if we are going to be having more tourneys and such, then I'm going to start working on my wifi team, so i can haz cool prize. (lolrite?)

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    FYI Leagues are fine as long as they don't have retarded rules like "only 2 OUs allowed. *cough*H&S League*cough cough*
    Syndrome, thanks for stealing my sig idea is there still a spot left in your tourney?

Painter

BEWARE THE LETTUCE CHILDREN!
    Years
    FYI Leagues are fine as long as they don't have retarded rules like "only 2 OUs allowed. *cough*H&S League*cough cough*

well plc i believe this is exactly what crimson meant by

Pokemonleaguechamp, we get it. You don't like Greene1516 or H+S. Just keep it to yourself. Its getting old.

and if im not mistaken weve been over this before

PokemonLeagueChamp

Years
    Yeah, except I never said anything like that, so he was just jumping to conclusions.
    And crimson was right on what he said. The tier-restriction rules some gyms had/have are the reason I never really took on the H&S League and, TBH I don't think I'd wanna start. I already have a tried and true team that took a while to put together. I'm not about to train a bunch of UUs an NUs when I don't know if I can hold out with them.

Detox

Okay really the reason leagues suck is that they usually have a gimmick that is the super glue holding a bunch crap together. Most of them are some crap like " No pursuit or scizor cause it beats my team" which no one will want to challenge. Then there is the inactivity. Only like two of them are active, and the rest are just spam wagons. IMO just disband all leagues or make thread approval present here so the 4 mods can view them and accept/decline what they feel is right.

Also PLC I guess you can be an alternate in my tourney

PokemonLeagueChamp

Years
    Well MMS doesn't have that stuff(unless I'm missing something?), so we should keep Leagues but without those gimmicks that H&S, Platinum, and Final Frontier Leagues had(note that 2 of these are dead and the other is failing).
    All I know is I keep things simple: Standard Clauses. THAT'S IT. That's what other Leagues should follow. Monotyped/themed leaders is mainly to keep things challenging for leaders, elsewise you'd have leaders crushing most every challenger at 5-0 or 6-0.

EDIT: Activity certainly has picked up somewhat. I got 2 challenges today.

Last edited:

Detox

Gym Description : Pokemon that have a base speed stat of 110 or more

^

IIRC that is kinda a gimmick, it basically assures you you wont be using a stall team because most pokemon that are used on stall do not have that high of a base speed...Plus I have seen many people complaining about that league as well, but i'd rather not start an argument about it.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Intervention time: PLC and Syndrome, stop arguing please.

(Sorry for mini-modding as I'm sure somebody is going to call it).

But yeah, I think Tourneys and Leagues (even though they are bad) can live alongside in harmony.

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
    Just figured I'd add a little input on each subject.

~Leagues—I personally think that all of them should be locked and the mods should open up about one to three leagues that are all different but not gimmicky to an extent that it's just stupid. Moderators may control what they think is acceptable and that will stop unacceptable special rules that you guys argue ruins the battle stadium.

~Tourneys— I personally love tournaments and think we should set ours up similar to smogons except for the whole new thread for each round thing. If we set it up that way we would have like twenty different tournaments going on at one time and all of them would be different. Of course we would have to do eight person or maybe even sixteen person tournaments unlike smogons huge ones due to our smaller battling community, but that could work better for us since the tournaments would start and end quicker.

Shoddy vs. Wifi— I think there should be only Wifi allowed unless a leader is temporarily not able to access Wi-Fi for one simple reason, it's the Wifi center has anyone not noticed that this is the forum for wifi battling not shoddy or wifi or else it would be called the "Wifi and shoddy forums." So if you are so desperate to battle on a shoddy because you do not have Wifi or are too lazy to breed and EV train a team of your own (I could say the same to everyone who says you are too lazy to go download shoddy) you should just go beg an admin to make a forum for shoddy talk about the server and battling on shoddy.

Just a few quick thoughts.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Years
    gamer691, nobody's arguing. If anything it was a calm debate. Thanks for the labeling.

The problem with the whole "get rid of every league that there is" idea is that only leaves you with personal battle threads, which are rarely challenged, tourneys, which can shut potential battlers out due to sign-up periods and limited applications, and the Quick Battle Thread, which is just people picking whatever rules they want to follow and seeking opponents. Now, if we had some clans around, then yeah, we could start getting rid of Leagues. But we don't, and it's near impossible that that will change.

EDIT: I didn't find out about the Swift Gym in MMS League until just now. Honestly, I don't like it either.

Last edited:

Detox

gamer691, nobody's arguing. If anything it was a calm debate. Thanks for the labeling.

The problem with the whole "get rid of every league that there is" idea is that only leaves you with personal battle threads, which are rarely challenged, tourneys, which can shut potential battlers out due to sign-up periods and limited applications, and the Quick Battle Thread, which is just people picking whatever rules they want to follow and seeking opponents. Now, if we had some clans around, then yeah, we could start getting rid of Leagues. But we don't, and it's near impossible that that will change.

EDIT: I didn't find out about the Swift Gym in MMS League until just now. Honestly, I don't like it either.

ITT you are making no sense at all

I would elaborate but I'm on my iPod typing this

PokemonLeagueChamp

Years
    All I know is, when I first got here in September, Leagues were booming. There's nothing wrong other than the fact that half our battlers went to Pokemopolis and will never return

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    (b'_')b This thread rocks. Lots of hostility arose.

Anyway. Nothing is getting anywhere, and I feel it never will. Can't blame someone for trying though. I'll just let the Battle Stadium die in peace.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    All I know is, when I first got here in September, Leagues were booming. There's nothing wrong other than the fact that half our battlers went to Pokemopolis and will never return

Hitler was popular too....but that doesn't mean he was good.

Personally I don't care about Battle Stadium at all, but I'm trying to help get activity going because some people do, I'm just saying that something like tourneys or whatever, would probably get more people coming so that they can win prizes, but however, like leagues, they will face the biggest problem everything else does: everyone wants their own slice of the pie.

Everyone will start making tourneys with prizes and then people will get sick of them, because they won't be anything special, and the prizes will be lackluster and the designs/ideas/purpose will be unoriginal and then people will want leagues back and then tourneys, lather, rinse, repeat.

Back