• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beginner's Mafia: Trouble in The Guild!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

I figured that there were only three possible candidates considering the few facts given. Out of everyone, only Absol, Gligar, and Oshawott have the ability to mutilate something to the degree of which the victim was. We also know that this murder had to be done relatively quietly since no one heard anything going on. The former two have a blade and claws respectively, while Oshawott has a razor sharp scalchop. I feel as if Absol and Gligar didn't do it considering that one is quadrupedal and might not have the easiest time getting into a room and well…being very quiet about it. Gligar's claws would cause some variety of noticeable scratching on the door knob that might give it away. Oshawott is bipedal and could wear its scalchop, giving it the ability to enter and exit the room quietly after slicing up Oddish with its scalchop. I might be over analyzing things, but hey. Like I said, it's just a gut feeling.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • What the hell...? Is this all the clues we get on day 1? I only read through everything once... I'm gunna go read it over again more carefully for clues. I'll edit this post or something if I see anything. :/

edit: What the hell is Team Deathshade? The mafia? Such a bad name....

Onto business! So we need to find someone who has a pokemon that can:
    1. Open and close a door
    2. Can't clean blood off itself immediately (could have prevented blood from leaving the room?)
    3. Can mutilate a body
    4. Can pluck leaves off an oddish (teeth? claws? scissors?)

Someone mentioned Gligar as a possibility earlier... I think that fits all the categories? But this feels like such a weak argument at the moment. I'm going to hold off lynching until later or if someone convinces me to lynch for someone rightfully!

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Yee, we're starting :]

I just love how cheery and fun-loving was the start of the day then became very disturbing lmao.

Good luck to you guys, if you have any questions, just ask me :3

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • What the hell is Team Deathshade? The mafia? Such a bad name...
    Deathshade is an actually flawless name, eros, don't let him tell you otherwise. I was laughing when I was reading the first day post.

But anyway, I don't think opening and closing of doors are all that important, since the Mystery Dungeon World has to accommodate Pokemon of all shape and sizes. I think the manner of mutilation is the most important, considering. >.>"

I dunno about you guys, but the Absol argument makes the most sense to me, considering I can imagine an Absol ripping off the leaves of an Oddish ferociously. But Melody has been liking all the posts that Gligar was mentioned in, for some reason ... so my suspicions waver.

We're going to have vote eventually, and I'd hate to just join a bandwagon "because." But I don't think there is much more info to go on.​

Ullion

Years
  • You do have a point Kiyoshi. Absol has razor wind, that sounds like it could shred a body. But the very look of Gligar also strikes me the same way.

I'm going to cast my [Lynch] gio7sm. WAIT, gio?! I thought we were friends gio, and you go off and murder someone? Somepokemon?

I'm tempted to change my vote ;-; Should I vote for Gligar or Absol?

Etherion

But seriously guys, I'm not a member of Deathshade.
    *glares at Ullion*

Anyways, I'm voting some one who's a Steel type because of that iron hint. [Use Slash] Zevarius

Ullion

Years
  • Oh hey! I'm a Gligar :3
    But seriously guys, I'm not a member of Deathshade.
    *glares at Ullion*

Anyways, I'm voting some one who's a Steel type because of that iron hint. [Use Slash] Zevarius

But that doesn't make any sense gio :S Riolu isn't steel type. I also don't see Riolu as the kind of pokemon that doesn't mutilate things. :S

Maybe we're going about this the wrong way and should look at a dark (evil?) type over steel (the iron hint)? I mean dark pokemon are more likely regarded as evil and can possibly be responisble for mutilating things? So maybe absol makes more sense than gligar?

And don't glare at me gio! I'm just brainstorming T_T

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Guys we're forgetting something. The mafia work as a team, there was likely more than one Pokemon at the crime scene.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Oh noes I guess we have to random vote :'(

[kill] Kiriyuuki Kasuna

dont worry twi I will probably chsnge that later just need some time to think.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    yeah, to be honest i wonder if we're not putting too much faith in which Pokémon could've done what... for now, i'm intrigued though. so i'll be following the consensus as is now:

[LYNCH] Kiriyuuki Kasuna

Etherion

But that doesn't make any sense gio :S Riolu isn't steel type. I also don't see Riolu as the kind of pokemon that doesn't mutilate things. :S

Ohhhh! I completely forgot about that! Sorry Zevarius!

-_- [Suicide] gio7sm

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Guys, If we are going by which sort of pokemon could sneakily kill an oddish, I dont think oshawatt is a good candidate as it has a type disadvantage. So out of those three candidates I'm going to [FREEZE]gio7sm

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Voting for himself? That sounds ... like a weird thing to do.

Just so I can get my vote in somewhere, I'll [Use Icy Wind on] Kiriyuuki Kasuna

I'm not convinced it's Gligar or Absol yet.​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back