• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beginner's Mafia: Trouble in The Guild!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
  • I still think we're forgetting that while a furry could have done one murder, another could have done the rest. There is no solod evidence. For all we know it could be oshawott's fur

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Pokemon with fur:

- Absol (used bite!)
    - Lillipup (Nagi)
    - Cubchoo (Kiyoshi)
    - Bidoof? (Seth)
    - Shinx (Lawlietta)
    - Pikachu (Ash)
    - Fennekin (Yuta)

I doubt it's Oshawott's, to be honest. Why would they have put it there and question it if it was.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    o-ho! There was "another ki" how sneaky.

[Shock] Kiyoshi the Cubchoo

better not be leading us wrong or else you should be muted for the rest of this game >8(

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Well, Cubchoo has fur as well, and the 'ki' does work.

That was sneaky, but I feel guilty now that we had to rely on Gunner for help. :(

Liable to change, but I think [Water Gun] Kiyoshi the Polar Bear will have to do. WTB super effective move against ice types. :(

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • ANOTHER KILLER GUYS, JESUS. What the does "another Kiyoshi" mean?

So guys, I'm of the opinion of not slaying another innocent. This is a small game to begin with, and knowing there are at least four or so Deathshades out there, I want to get our facts as straight as possible. So, as promised, here is an abridged version of each relevant Pokemon's biology, a la Bulbapedia:

Spoiler:

i think i've been working on this post for like a half an hour but whatever

Go look on Bulbapedia yourselves, it's all there. I didn't bother looking up Oddish or Gligar, since, well, they're dead. So out of all of us, only four living Pokemon can say they are not who left behind the clue. But then again, this is evidence of only one culprit.

Does anybody have any ideas on why fur was left behind? Was it in the struggle? Or molting, as Absol said?​

Last edited:

Blurryface

Cheer up, baby.
    Years
  • Hello helloooo, sorry for the troubles, Eros. I am here and I need to catch up with this stuff. I will read back and edit this with my vote.

Detox

I'm not to keen about hopping on the Kiyoshi bandwagon yet. I'll think things over and post a bit later.

I actually have my suspicions about another, but I'll keep that thought to myself for now.

EDIT: I feel that the fur tidbit is unimportant for the most part considering that it could easily be the fur of well. either of the victims. If we take that away, we don't really have much else to work with here. I don't think we should be taking any more shots in the dark either. Four innocents are dead and sooner or later the mafia members will outnumber the innocents and after that it's pretty much over with. We have to find some way of picking the best possible culprit out of the remaining members of the guild. I said that I'm not sold on lynching Kiyoshi, and that's based off of well... common sense. "There was another Kiyoshi" would make no sense coming from Oshawott. I feel that it's obvious that the word would be killer, and this might imply that the serial killer was who got Oshawott, and not a mafioso. This might also mean that Oshawott was attacked after Tepig, but that isn't really important.

Not gonna lie, I have odd feelings about Pikachu for some reason...

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • "Wait, another ki-?! Ki ... Ki ... Kiyoshi! Oh my god, 'Kiyoshi' and 'killer' start with the same two letters! That must be it! HOENN CONFIRMED!"

This logic is silly and Gunner is a meanie. >:C

I am not going to have my name dragged through the mud because some impish joke. We barely know anything right now besides that most of our population has fur.

Hell, I still don't know who to vote for. This is barely useful information as is.​

Detox

Okay well I'm gonna go with [KILL] Ash for now.

I might change it later, I might not. I ain't saying that Kiyoshi is innocent but I am saying that the logic is very bad right now.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    It's a wordplay. Part of the point of mafia is to find hidden clues in the day/night posts and go off of them. Gunner is basically saying that there is possibly a reason that it says 'there was another ki' as in there's a reason why Oshawott cut off at that precise moment. It's not because she was going to say 'kiyoshi' it was rather a hint to us as players.

Feel free to agree with me or not, that's fine. But I do think as a mentor Gunner was trying to hint that we should be looking beyond the obvious fur clue that doesn't lead us to anyone specific.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • That's ... really, really faulty in logic. It would probably make sense if there was a comma after the word "another" in the day post, but there wasn't. "There was ... Another Kiyoshi" simply doesn't make sense, why are you trying to to kill me? It's incredibly far reaching to make "killer," the obvious word, into Kiyoshi, when anybody can tell that wasn't word Kiri/Oshawott was going to say.

Also as you said this is a Beginner's mafia. Maybe ArachnidsGrip is trying to test how we react to a sudden weird claim? I don't know, but I sure as hell don't appreciate it. >:C

[Icy Wind] Ash

I've had enough of this silliness.​

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    You missed the point though. She wasn't going to specifically say Kiyoshi if she was able to finish. She finished at 'ki', and gunner is simply implying that there might be a reason behind it in the writing.

And yes, it's true she's trying to see what we would do if thrown information like that. Honestly though, is suspecting me for trying to get what Gunner is trying to say something to kill me over? Is that really logical?

You guys may continue to try to pursue the fur hint but honestly there is not much to it other than there is fur in the blood. :c

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • You missed the point though. She wasn't going to specifically say Kiyoshi if she was able to finish. She finished at 'ki', and gunner is simply implying that there might be a reason behind it in the writing.

And yes, it's true she's trying to see what we would do if thrown information like that. Honestly though, is suspecting me for trying to get what Gunner is trying to say something to kill me over? Is that really logical?

You guys may continue to try to pursue the fur hint but honestly there is not much to it other than there is fur in the blood. :c

No, no there isn't any reasoning behind the writing besides the word "killer," the word he was going to say. And is me voting for you really any different than you jumping to kill me the second Gunner screws with us?

Trying to defend this grammatical oddity that's shotty at best just sounds really ridiculous.​

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Hm, I suppose not. Perhaps I simply I have too much faith in Gunner, as a guildmaster, to not lead us on and to try to guide us.

[shock] Yuta

For the time being. I still believe Gunner is trying to tell us something but it's not something worth getting killed over. So until I have some others backing me up or some other clues aries I'll pick someone who hasn't really been around and is on the list of those with fur. Because really, there aren't any other leads to go off of other than that if no one wants to believe that there aren't any subtle wordplay hints or anything of the sort.

However, I will like to say that it's quite possible that Gunner is right and Kiyoshi is trying to debunk the idea because you're the serial killer or mafia. You may agree with Kiyoshi, but I personally wouldn't advise just in case.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Well maybe not if you would learn to get up out of your hammock so we wouldn't have to hear Gunner yell at you down the hallway. :'(

( tbh I just was too lazy to remember that she was the secretary so i put master lmao )

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Add some punctuation to it:
    There was another,Kiyoshi

[KILL]Kiyoshi the polar bear

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Oshawott was trying to say that there was another killer, because 2 persons died that night. "There was another Kiyoshi" doesn't really make sense. BUT the fur hint does, and since there isn't anyone else to aim at, I'll just

[kill] Kiyoshi the Polar Bear

don't worry I'll probably change this later just give me some time to think.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • You guys really need to get your shit together if you want to survive till the end. Day and Night posts are pretty helpful, and if you don't heed and understand them well, then you're gonna have a bad time ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back