• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Berries

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • While generation II introduced berries, Generation III overhauled them completely. In the third generation (as well as the fourth generation), berries can be picked from berry trees in the overworld. You can also grow your own, provided your Internal Battery is still running. There are also some berries that can only be obtained from NPCs and then growing them yourself such as the Watmel Berry. While certain other berries can be obtained through passwords/phrases. (Pamtree and Spelon Berries) or winning streaks in the Battle Frontier, the Starf Berry, for example. There are also E-reader berries, which only exist in generation III.

Berries can do a variety of things, such as curing status ailments, raising friendship, raising a stat when in a pinch, and well... being used for PokeBlocks/Poffins for Contest Stats.

What is your opinion on Berries? Did you use them? Did you end up growing them yourself in generation III games? What is your favorite type of Berry? And did you use the Pomeg Berry glitch in the Emerald games?

Years
  • I've never used them seriously. sometimes for status conditions and hp restoration (but thats for really desperate situations). the berries that cures status conditions were convenient though x)

i've never been too interested so, I've never planted or used them consistently :( i dont even know what that glitch is hehe

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • y'all when i say i had a green thumb back in the day...............i grew these sobs like it was my sole job in these games alright. i was trynna get ALL of them. and color me mad when i couldn't get those damn e-reader berries. but yeah that patch of land at the berry master's place? nah. i was the berry master. that shit was mine. nobody messed w me

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
    Years
  • Cheri berries were very useful for any early game para haxing the AI tried to pull out, It seemed like everything wanted to paralyze you. Oran Berries for the first gym sometimes. Apart from that I never got into the contests so I wouldn't bother making PokeBlocks.

Back