• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best animated Disney movie?

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
  • The Hobbit cartoon was made by Rankin-Bass, who makes all the neat stop-motion things we see at Christmas-time every year...but they don't seem to have a talent for cartooning...anything they draw comes out looking pretty disturbing >_<

Wing Zero

&#1575;&#1587;&#1578;&#1575;&#1584; &#1593;&#1606;
    Years
  • ahhh i was a kid i liked it it was fun, thats probably why i like the hobbit and LOTR now, and thats probably why when i write i either try to write like JJR or Sir Arthur COnan Doyel...anyways...

so i should rent...what movie again?
    and what about brother bear should i see that??

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
  • Chairman Kaga said:
    The Hobbit cartoon was made by Rankin-Bass, who makes all the neat stop-motion things we see at Christmas-time every year...but they don't seem to have a talent for cartooning...anything they draw comes out looking pretty disturbing >_<
    He did an awfully good job of making Gollum pretty disturbing hehe....
    I actually liked that movie quite a bit when I was little!
    ....did he make the LotR cartoons too?
    Frodo, and the nine fingers.....and the ring of doom!!
    Hehe..

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • All I know is that Rankin-Bass made a cartoon of Return of the King, but I'm not sure about FotR and TTT. I saw an old 1980s video of it in a rather creepy video store we have in town...the place seems like it's 20 years old although it just opened...it mostly has old videos that no one's ever going to rent...

Years
  • 100marios said:
    Uh....they dubbed movies?
    I had no idea!

....has anyone heard of the movie Little Nemo?
    It kinda creeps me out hehe...
    Yes, they dubbed a few movies...like Kiki's Delivery Service and Spirited Away

Little Nemo? never heard of it..when did it come out?

100marios

Years
  • Sapphire said:
    Yes, they dubbed a few movies...like Kiki's Delivery Service and Spirited Away

Little Nemo? never heard of it..when did it come out?
    Ah....I never saw those, so I never knew they were dubbed by Disney...

Little Nemo is about some boy on a flying bed.
    Just the thought disturbs me hehe...
    I haven't seen it since I was little though. Maybe around 4 years old...

Years
  • 100marios said:
    Ah....I never saw those, so I never knew they were dubbed by Disney...

Little Nemo is about some boy on a flying bed.
    Just the thought disturbs me hehe...
    I haven't seen it since I was little though. Maybe around 4 years old...
    Really? you should see them XD go little kid movies!

Flying bed? scaaary! I wouldnt get any sleep! and if came out that long ago....

Years
  • 100marios said:
    Little kid movies rock! Go Care Bears! Hehe....

It is!
    I just checked on a website and it said it came out in 1992.
    I don't want to ever see that movie again hehe...
    1992? I was like..one years old! *gasp* Little kid movies are like the only kind of movies ive seen -___-' heh..and thanks to you, I know not to ever watch that movie if I see it somewhere..0.0

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I've never heard of Little Nemo...is it European or Japanese?

I've seen Spirited Away though...it easily beats all other movies visually, but in my book Hunchback is still best overall :P I ought to watch Kiki's Delivery Service one of these days...are all Miyazaki movies dubbed by Disney? Stuff like Princess Mononoke is hard to imagine ever being dubbed by Disney...

100marios

Years
  • Sapphire said:
    1992? I was like..one years old! *gasp* Little kid movies are like the only kind of movies ive seen -___-' heh..and thanks to you, I know not to ever watch that movie if I see it somewhere..0.0
    I was three....or two.

That movie gave me the creeps. it's supposed to be cute and such, but everything in it ended up disturbing me...
    *shudders*
    Hehe...
    It might be American, but it actually looks a bit Japanese too. I don't know.

Is Spirited Away good? I've heard some pretty good things about it!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Spirited Away, in my opinion, is the most visually spectacular animated movie ever made...it's amazing. You absolutely need to see that movie :P

Years
  • 100marios said:
    I was three....or two.

That movie gave me the creeps. it's supposed to be cute and such, but everything in it ended up disturbing me...
    *shudders*
    Hehe...
    It might be American, but it actually looks a bit Japanese too. I don't know.

Is Spirited Away good? I've heard some pretty good things about it!
    Yes, of course Spirited Away is like the best! It one a couple awards...^^ Kiki's Delivery service is hillarious...Ive rented it over 12 times ^^; but Princess Mononoke (just saw that movie) was dubbed by .....Miramax*shudder* I dont like them, but they did an okay dubbing I think, but they kinda didnt follow along with what Moro is saying...alot...kinda..
    oh ya, lilo and stich is a good movie too! XD

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Miramax did ok with Princess Mononoke, but I also sort of felt that the celebrity voices cheapened it, like it was only done as a ploy to get people to watch...anyway they still did a pretty good job of it...

Back