• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best animated Disney movie?

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    ive seen some old movies, which had a tendency to be singing movies...but ive never seen or heard of The Great Mouse detective...man ill go look it up and post some stuff on what its about for all u guys that dont know what it is...like me...

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    i like all the G.I. joe little army dudes! they are sooo cool comando dudes! lol theyre kinda funny! and the little mokeys are funny too...XD i like those movies!!
    PS-off topic buy my sigs okay right?

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    100marios said:
    The Genie was awesome hehe...

Genie: *After he's losing to Carpet in a game of chess (or checkers?)*
    I can't believe it, I'm losing to a rug!
    That was funny! The Genie is probably one of the funniest Disney characters ever.

The sequel wasn't too bad. We bought it at least! LK2 was rather pitiful though, but I have yet to see The Little Mermaid 2....

I've always liked the Lion King, (I liked Beauty and the Beast a while later) and I always seem to hear one new thing in it everytime I watch it. Most likely because I couldn't understand when I was little....
    We have both Aladdin sequels. My sister was afraid of The Return of Jafar for the longest time! She would cry when I showed her the box! But then again... she was also afraid of Pull-Ups! What can I say? My sister was one strange child! But back on topic... most Disney sequels are really bad. LK2 was boring... but we do own it for some reason. I hate The Little Mermaid 2. It's so annoying. A few years ago we were on a bus to the Bronx Zoo and they put in that movie and I sat in the front seat with my sister. I was talking to the bus driver while my sister tried to annoy me to death my quoting the whole movie! Needless to say... the bus driver knew our names and a lot about us by the end of that trip! The only good sequels I can think of are Toy Story 2 and I liked The Rescuers Down Under for the longest time! We don't have the 1st one though. There might be another but I can't think of them now... CAPT has blocked my brain!

Everytime I watch a movie again I hear something that I never heard or see something I've never seen before. This is how I see it: The first time is to understand it. The 2nd time is to pick up what was missed the first time, and everytime after that is to pick up random not really important parts to the movie! I watch The Lion King and Toy Story about a month ago and picked up at least 5 funny quotes that I had never heard before!

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
    snowangel3181988 said:
    We have both Aladdin sequels. My sister was afraid of The Return of Jafar for the longest time! She would cry when I showed her the box! But then again... she was also afraid of Pull-Ups! What can I say? My sister was one strange child! But back on topic... most Disney sequels are really bad. LK2 was boring... but we do own it for some reason. I hate The Little Mermaid 2. It's so annoying. A few years ago we were on a bus to the Bronx Zoo and they put in that movie and I sat in the front seat with my sister. I was talking to the bus driver while my sister tried to annoy me to death my quoting the whole movie! Needless to say... the bus driver knew our names and a lot about us by the end of that trip! The only good sequels I can think of are Toy Story 2 and I liked The Rescuers Down Under for the longest time! We don't have the 1st one though. There might be another but I can't think of them now... CAPT has blocked my brain!

Everytime I watch a movie again I hear something that I never heard or see something I've never seen before. This is how I see it: The first time is to understand it. The 2nd time is to pick up what was missed the first time, and everytime after that is to pick up random not really important parts to the movie! I watch The Lion King and Toy Story about a month ago and picked up at least 5 funny quotes that I had never heard before!
    I think the Aladdin movies got increasingly worse with each sequel. The first was top-notch, and the second one wasn't bad, but the third one was just down right okay. Not extremely bad, (then again I only own the first and second movies, and watched the third one quite some time ago) from what I can remember, but defenitely not as good as the first.
    From everything you have told me about her, she does sound a little awkward hehe, but perhaps she's different in person.....or perhaps not!
    They're making a Mulan sequel, but chances are it's not going to be too good either. Sorry to say that most Disney sequels even end up hurting the original franchise. Heh, the bus driver? I've been in those situations before hehe...
    Oh! The Rescuers Down Under! I loved that movie! The sequel really did live up to the original in that case. Those were great movies! Unfortuantely, I haven't seen them for a long time either.

Like in LotR: The Return of the King (sorry, I know it's not Disney, I'm just making a point) where they show the King of the Dead looking back at Aragorn before Gimli says: "Aragorn!.....let's find some food". Funny hehe...
    I never saw that part the first time I watched it....
    Exactly! The first time is for sheer enjoyment because it is a movie you have never seen before. The second is for small parts you missed because you looked away, or small lines you could not hear because of random talking or such. *shakes fist* The third time and so on is deeper analysis into the movie......and, of course, they are all for sheer enjoyment!

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    yea the sequals always turn out worst than the original...why is that =/ the originaly is almost always better than the squal i cant list many exaples otherwise...

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
    100marios said:
    I think the Aladdin movies got increasingly worse with each sequel. The first was top-notch, and the second one wasn't bad, but the third one was just down right okay. Not extremely bad, (then again I only own the first and second movies, and watched the third one quite some time ago) from what I can remember, but defenitely not as good as the first.
    From everything you have told me about her, she does sound a little awkward hehe, but perhaps she's different in person.....or perhaps not!
    They're making a Mulan sequel, but chances are it's not going to be too good either. Sorry to say that most Disney sequels even end up hurting the original franchise. Heh, the bus driver? I've been in those situations before hehe...
    Oh! The Rescuers Down Under! I loved that movie! The sequel really did live up to the original in that case. Those were great movies! Unfortuantely, I haven't seen them for a long time either.

Like in LotR: The Return of the King (sorry, I know it's not Disney, I'm just making a point) where they show the King of the Dead looking back at Aragorn before Gimli says: "Aragorn!.....let's find some food". Funny hehe...
    Exactly! The first time is for sheer enjoyment because it is a movie you have never seen before. The second is for small parts you missed because you looked away, or small lines you could not hear because of random talking or such. *shakes fist* The third time and so on is deeper analysis into the movie......and, of course, they are all for sheer enjoyment!
    Oh, let's face it, Jordan! The last two Aladdin movies were trash, lol. At least I thought so. I never thought Disney should've ever made sequels because they're never as good as the original. The only sequel I thought was decent was The Little Mermaid 2: Return to the Sea. Melody's voice got on my nerves at times, but overall it was cute. I loved The Rescuers Down Under, too! I think it was another one of my Disney obsessions--once I got over one movie, I'd move onto another, lol. I remember watching it A LOT. Although, I heard something odd about the sequel to that. My cousin bought that movie for her little boy some time ago when it first came out; and, she said The Disney Store was calling them back because it showed, as I quote her, "a woman's upper torso." ^_^; Supposedly they were going to edit them or whatever...I don't know. That's all I heard about it.

...Which makes me bring up a subject on weird things in Disney movies, lol. Has anyone heard what Aladdin says to Jasmine on her balcony when he's disguised as a prince? It sounds like he's saying: "Teenagers, take off your clothes;" but, I cleared it up by listening more closely to it and he was just saying words to Rahjah (Jasmine's tiger) to calm him down and to get him off of him. That was a big rumor going around up here. Then there's things I've heard about and actually seen in The Little Mermaid and The Lion King but I think they're too perverted to say on a Pokemon message board, lol. O_o

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    its not that the sequals are trash, but they arent as good as the 1st ones...theyer just so that they can :1) make money 2) let you see those characters in another movie ....i didnt think the aladin movies were bad...just not as good...the 40 theives wasnt bad...and the fact that aladin is middle astern is cool...middel easten history is facinating like ali baba and the 40 theives...thats where the movie comes from...the middle eastern robin hood XD!

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    100marios said:

I agree with the Aladdin sequel thing. I don't really even remember the third one at all! And all I know about the 2nd is that my sister was scared of it! And no, my sister is pretty much exactly the way I've described her! Maybe better maybe worse... but pretty close!

They're making a sequel to Mulan? Actually I think I did hear that somewhere. I haven't seen Mulan in a long time. It's one of the few Disney movies I don't have! But yeah, Disney sequels don't usually match up to the originals. I haven't seen the Rsecuers Down Under or even the Rescuers in a long time. I only own the 2nd one though. But I remember liking it a lot though...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    A Mulan sequel?! They better not mess this up...Mulan's one of my favorite Disney movies (but Disney messes up 9 out of 10 sequels they do so I'm not holding out much hope...) I REFUSE to watch the sequel to the Hunchback of Notre Dame...that's just a slap in the face to the original. The only sequels I ever liked were actually the two Aladdin sequels...Return of Jafar actually terrorized me the first time I watched it, but then again I was 5 or 6 :P

The Aladdin series wasn't that bad...it was the only Disney series I could ever stand to watch, and they did a pretty good job of making the voices sound like they did in the movie...that was key to it being good.

I've heard of the rumors of sick stuff slipped in to Disney movies...stuff in Aladdin and the Lion King. I've never bothered to check though because I really don't want to rent the movies just to see one moment of them...

The King of Water Pokemon

Admiring my Avatar
    Years
    OMG! I love The Emperor's New Groove. I loved the constant jokes about that scary Yzma... "How would you describe her?" "Scary beyond all belief." "I don't think your my great aunt... I think your my great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great aunt." There were so many more great moments in the movie. I was jealous when my brother got the DVD for his birthday.

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    100marios said:
    whoa! I never heard of the sequal at all! where have i been?! *looks around* o yea under a rock... o_0;...
    what do you think the sequals going to be about? but we can probably be sure it wont be as good as the first...i mean what could the second one be about lol she saved china in the first one from the mongols, isnt that enough?

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I'm guessing she's going to go on an undersea adventure, teaming up with King Triton and the three Caballeros to keep Jafar from taking over Atlantis and selling it to the mongols, and don't worry, there'll be plenty of cheap music and C-list celebrity voices!

As I said, I'm not holding out much hope :P

And the Emperor's New Groove rocks my socks...it's the funniest Disney movie of all time, although it's the least popular one in recent memory...except for maybe Treasure Planet...that bombed, didn't it? (And I'm guessing Home on the Range bombed bigtime too...this ought to send a message to Disney: get back to your roots! Back to quality entertainment!) ...

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    disney movies i havnt seen:
    emporors new groove
    atlantis
    brother bear
    treasure plantet

which ones are woth going to rent and watch which oens arnt?

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Emperor's New Groove is the only one on the above list worth seeing.

Anyone ever see the Black Cauldron? That's like the least-remembered Disney cartoon of all time...the thing is they took it out of theaters right after it was released because it was deemed too violent...only the other year did they release it on video...it was actually pretty awesome...they even had some early rudimentary CG in it...basically just a program for multiplying skeleton soldiers into an army and making them move...but nope, nobody remembers The Black Cauldron -.-

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    i remember it becuase the boy had a big @** sword and i am fond of swords...i also remmeber the girl, the evil black caped guy, etc...but i dont remember it too much...

did disney make the hobbit cratoon or was that someone else cuz i loved that movie and watched it 50 times a day...

Back