• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Band of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azonic

hello friends
Years
  • Who do you think is the best band / singer of all times?

Or in other words, who's your favorite band / singer to listen to?

• Saosin
    • Linkin Park
    • Underoath
    • Avril Lavigne
    • Finger Eleven
    • Soulja Boy
    • Taking Back Sunday

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
  • For me, the best bands of all time are Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and Black Sabbath. Because these guys revolutionized my favourite genre, heavy metal.

These guys aren't my favourites though. My favourites are Metallica, Rage Against the Machine, Necrophagist and Cannibal Corpse.

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
  • Linkin Park, and Eiffel 65 ftw. Their music is just amazing.

My favorite singers are Josh Groban and Chris Daughtry. :3
    Chris is one of the best rock singers I've ever heard, while Josh has the voice of an angel...

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Who do you think is the best band / singer of all times?

Or in other words, who's your favorite band / singer to listen to?

• Saosin

No.
    • Linkin Park

No way!
    • Underoath

No.
    • Avril Lavigne

No.
    • Finger Eleven

No.
    • Soulja Boy

...no way! I'm not one to listen to a meanless song like "crank dat"...dat? what the?
    • Taking Back Sunday

No.

Those aren't our only choices, right? If so, I'll cast my vote for music that has more meaning than, "lean wit it"

Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin is easily one of the best bands ever. They have a number of great songs and their music has some interesting lyrics and meaning that I find addicting. Stairway to Heaven is STILL heard all the time on radio stations and their other songs like Kashmir, Immigrant Song, and Rock and Roll are tremendous. Great band, blows modern rock bands' music out of the water.

Queen

Freddie Mercury, when you add Deacon, May, and Taylor...yes! Bohemian Rhapsody isn't the only amazing song of theirs either. Freddie is one of the best lead vocalists of all time, and they had amazing songs, many of which you hear often today (You're my Best Friend, We are the Champions, Another One Bites the Dust, etc.) Queen is simply amazing.

The Beatles

I could babble on about them, but everybody pretty much knows why the Fab Four are so great. Great group, plenty or amazing songs, great harmony...how great they are!

AC/DC

You hear them once, you're addicted. I actually find them all a bit overrated, but great nonetheless. There's nothing quite like listening to Thunderstruck or TNT at incredibly high volumes!

Elvis Presley

Long live the King! What's so great about Elvis is that he wasn't just a rock singer, but could also do other genres incredibly well. Listening to stuff like In the Ghetto and Jailhouse Rock, you know why the guy is THE king of Rock and Roll! Really, Elvis probably had the best voice of all time, and pretty much could sing anything. Almost no one is in his class.

Out of these...tough to choose really. I'll say Queen, since they were the first rock band I really listened to and loved right away...the band that got me into rock in the first place, as I DO hate 99% of music on the market today. lol

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    ..Yeah dude, it's all in different perspective what kind of music you listen to in determining the "best band of all time"

rather than just making a blatant statement about why one band is better than everything else in exsistance, I'll just name a few of my favorites :D

Norther
    Unearth
    Children of Bodom
    Killswitch Engage
    Metallica
    Tool
    Dragonforce
    Godsmack (Back in "Faceless." their new album was kinda dissapointing =/)
    Shadows Fall
    Drowning Pool
    Taproot
    Rage Against the Machine

...etc.

These guys aren't my favourites though. My favourites are Metallica, Rage Against the Machine, Necrophagist and Cannibal Corpse.

I especially like their song "Hammer smashed face."

..dude, what is even remotely likeable about Cannibal Corpse? XDD

Last edited:
    Years
  • Those aren't our only choices, right? If so, I'll cast my vote for music that has more meaning than, "lean wit it"

Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin is easily one of the best bands ever. They have a number of great songs and their music has some interesting lyrics and meaning that I find addicting. Stairway to Heaven is STILL heard all the time on radio stations and their other songs like Kashmir, Immigrant Song, and Rock and Roll are tremendous. Great band, blows modern rock bands' music out of the water.

Queen

Freddie Mercury, when you add Deacon, May, and Taylor...yes! Bohemian Rhapsody isn't the only amazing song of theirs either. Freddie is one of the best lead vocalists of all time, and they had amazing songs, many of which you hear often today (You're my Best Friend, We are the Champions, Another One Bites the Dust, etc.) Queen is simply amazing.

The Beatles

I could babble on about them, but everybody pretty much knows why the Fab Four are so great. Great group, plenty or amazing songs, great harmony...how great they are!

AC/DC

You hear them once, you're addicted. I actually find them all a bit overrated, but great nonetheless. There's nothing quite like listening to Thunderstruck or TNT at incredibly high volumes!

Elvis Presley

Long live the King! What's so great about Elvis is that he wasn't just a rock singer, but could also do other genres incredibly well. Listening to stuff like In the Ghetto and Jailhouse Rock, you know why the guy is THE king of Rock and Roll! Really, Elvis probably had the best voice of all time, and pretty much could sing anything. Almost no one is in his class.

Out of these...tough to choose really. I'll say Queen, since they were the first rock band I really listened to and loved right away...the band that got me into rock in the first place, as I DO hate 99% of music on the market today. lol

..Yeah dude, it's all in different perspective what kind of music you listen to in determining the "best band of all time"

rather than just making a blatant statement about why one band is better than everything else in exsistance, I'll just name a few of my favorites :D

Norther
    Children of Bodom
    Killswitch Engage
    Metallica
    Tool
    Dragonforce
    Godsmack (Back in "Faceless." their new album was kinda dissapointing =/)
    Shadows Fall
    Drowning Pool
    Taproot
    Rage Against the Machine

...etc.

All of what I like in this thread, I also like: Gary Numan, Muse, Lamb of God, and a few others I can't remember well right now.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ok, my taste of music clearly differs a bit from most people's here:

Coldplay
    Maxïmo Park
    Kent
    Kings of Convenience
    Mew

to name a few favs.... ^^
    If you've heard any of these, I like you mucho ^^*

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
  • There is no "best band of all time", but when it comes to innovation...

No two bands innovated things quite as much as The Ramones and Black Sabbath, both of which almost single-handedly introduced the world to an entire new style of music.

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    I...don't listen to a lot of varied music. xD;

Bands that I listen to consistently:

Metallica
    Tool
    Alice in Chains
    Pearl Jam
    Children of Bodom
    Dragonforce
    The Rolling Stones.

That's about it. >.<

Years
  • There is no "best band of all time", but when it comes to innovation...

No two bands innovated things quite as much as The Ramones and Black Sabbath, both of which almost single-handedly introduced the world to an entire new style of music.

If it goes by innovation, there is still a wide variety. Punk and Metal aren't quite the only genres there exist.

King Crimson, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Jan Hammer group, Elvis, The Beatles... etc.

Eig

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2008
    For me, it's probably (in no particular order):

- Judas Priest
    - Iron Maiden
    - AC/DC
    - Metallica
    - Led Zeppelin
    - The Beatles

...ok, that's probably it.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
  • If it goes by innovation, there is still a wide variety. Punk and Metal aren't quite the only genres there exist.

King Crimson, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Jan Hammer group, Elvis, The Beatles... etc.

Of course not.

And there are countless others.

Those are just the ones that strike me the most because that's what I listen to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back