• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best LoTR movie?

Best Lord of the Rings Movie?

• Fellowship of the Ring

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • The Two Towers

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Return Of the King

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • LotR it whole self

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teddiursa

Cruiserweight Champion
    Years
    I liked the fellowship the best, it wasn't as dark as the other two and I felt that it was really good.

Soph

Chasing Arcanine with a spoon XD
    Years
    Reuturn of The King is defeinately my fave. I saw it 3 times at the cinema.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    MysticGrandpaGohan said:
    In your opinion what is the best LoTR movie?
    Don't Insult me.. I said "IN YOUR OPINION" so please I'm just asking what other people think not what you think everyone should think...(sorry if i hurt your feelings..)

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    Return of The King hands down. The way I see it, RoTK was like The Fellowship of The Ring and The Two Towers combind. It had a lot of movement, and it had a good storyline. The first one had too much moving, and not enough fighting, and the second one had too much fighting, and not enough moving.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    LotR is one story, merely divided into three parts. Although I'm inclined to say Return of the King because it's the climax, I have to realize that all three are equally as important when it comes to the story, so I'll have to vote LotR itself.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    RotK. Why? Cus the fighting rawks and its the end of the story! That's why! XD *giggles*

*dies*

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
    MysticGrandpaGohan said:
    Don't Insult me.. I said "IN YOUR OPINION" so please I'm just asking what other people think not what you think everyone should think...(sorry if i hurt your feelings..)

Simmer down!

Don't you see? No one elses opinion really matters. Only mine! Mine alone!

Last edited:

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
    I completely agree with Chairman Kaga on this one. It's a trilogy, so all the movies add up to one final ending. I would vote for them as a whole, since that's the way they're supposed to be, but as seperate movies, the Return of the King takes my vote. Not only are the battle sequences simply breathtaking, but the ending even made me cry. That's no easy feat, hehe...

100marios

Years
    Legendary_Pokegirl said:
    I voted for the Return of the King. It got my attention more than the other two movies. I thought it was a little sad at the ending, but whats a movie with out a sad/happy ending? The ending also seemed to go on for ever! XD
    Actually there was a whole 'nother scene they cut out from the books, so be happy.... and hey, it's rated PG-13! You're not 13!
    Aw, nobody goes by that anymore anyway, hehe...
    I actually liked the multiple endings. It would be a shame to let such a great trilogy end so abruptly. Better safe then sorry!

The Fellowship would be my runner-up choice. The ending was really touching as well, and almost made me cry.... almost, hehe....

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I don?t think people give FotR enough credit for the emotional stage it sets for RotK, but ahh well. TTT also was a necessary but usually not looked on too well compared to the others. Anyways, my mom might be split of FotR and RotK, but I?d go RotK. o.o;

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    TTT was actually pretty good IMO...it had everything that I could possibly ask for in a movie...it had great balance between the beauty of FotR and the action of RotK... another reason I like it is because it introduced Smeagol, who is possibly my favorite LotR character...the battle of Helm's Deep seemed so much more real than that of Pelennor Fields even though it was smaller...instead of huge, epic scenes of the ranks of orcs getting trampled by the Rohirrim and other riders and the horsemen getting trampled by the Oliphaunts, there was hand-to-hand combat between single men and single Uruk'Hai, and so much emotion and pain, and finally victory, which seemed sweeter because it was more unlikely at Helm's Deep than it was at Pelennor Fields. All moments regarding Rohan were amazing too...I loved the conflicts between Wormtongue and Eowyn, Theoden and Aragorn, and all were acted out splendidly and with much emotion...I just don't see why TTT wasn't considered as good as the others o_O;;

And what cut scene are you talking about, Jordan? That'd be interesting to know about...

100marios

Years
    Chairman Kaga said:
    TTT was actually pretty good IMO...it had everything that I could possibly ask for in a movie...it had great balance between the beauty of FotR and the action of RotK... another reason I like it is because it introduced Smeagol, who is possibly my favorite LotR character...the battle of Helm's Deep seemed so much more real than that of Pelennor Fields even though it was smaller...instead of huge, epic scenes of the ranks of orcs getting trampled by the Rohirrim and other riders and the horsemen getting trampled by the Oliphaunts, there was hand-to-hand combat between single men and single Uruk'Hai, and so much emotion and pain, and finally victory, which seemed sweeter because it was more unlikely at Helm's Deep than it was at Pelennor Fields. All moments regarding Rohan were amazing too...I loved the conflicts between Wormtongue and Eowyn, Theoden and Aragorn, and all were acted out splendidly and with much emotion...I just don't see why TTT wasn't considered as good as the others o_O;;

And what cut scene are you talking about, Jordan? That'd be interesting to know about...
    All the movies were instant classics in my opinion, TTT included. As odd as it sounds, even though it would probably be my least favorite of the films, (although it's my 3rd favorite film of all-time) it was actually my favorite book of the series. The movie was really good, but it took a little longer for things to pick up the pace then it did for RotK, and since FotR was the intro, the beginning was still very interesting. As for the TTT book, many of the things that happened in the RotK movie were in the book, the Shelob scene being one.

Oh, and the Grey Havens was also the ending of the book, but when Frodo and the others finally arrived back in the Shire, there was sort of a riot going on. The place had been taken over by a familiar villian.... but I'm not sure if I should reveal that, hehe. They probably wouldn't put this on film, because it would ruin the ending feel of RotK.... but it was really interesting!

Back